Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 31

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here are the crazy chicks out frolicking in this insane cold.

Running back down was so fun!

And I found out that when I stick my face in the snow I look like a clown in a bowler hat!

~We passed our Primalversary! It was January 2nd. One whole year of awesomeness! I look pretty much the same as I did in September- but without a tan and very slightly slimmer. I miss my tan. I put 5 pounds back on with the holiday season, though my clothes still fit and I look the same. It'll come off as I am back on track with food. I'm not worried. I love living Primal- in every season and in every life aspect!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    We are kindred spirits, you and I. Unfortunately I am only dreaming about it while you are doing it.

I am so happy that homeschooling is working out so well. This way of learning is more like adventure than sitting behind a desk in a classroom is.

Good to have you back!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Great pictures as usual. I bet you are awesome homeschoolin' mom. Don't wait too long to check in again!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Wonderful photos. Makes me almost miss Minnesota snow. Almost. Not quite, though.

Good job on the homeschooling. I did that for eleven years, a few eons ago. It's very, very rewarding.

Thanks gals!
    I think I am an awesome homeschoolin' mom! My kids seem to think so. We've been doing a lot of hands-on stuff. Science experiments, games, art projects- all having to do with whatever subject we've decided piques our interest at that moment. And all child-led and on the fly! For instance: we watched a Magic School Bus episode on bats. Then we did a science experiment with paper towel tubes and a bowl demonstrating echolocation. Then we talked about how they can find things using sound as humans, and playing a game of Marco Polo (except using "Eek!" as the call for the blindfolded finder and "Ack!" as the answer). We also looked up pictures of real bats and studied their anatomy. Then we cut up egg cartons in to little winged bat shapes and painted them. That was just one day. We've talked water cycles and made it rain in a jar, we've talked photosynthesis, studied my orchid and did a cut out/glue together/label project. We cook together and learn about measurement and ratios. We learned about microbes and did an experiment using yeast- showing how it grows and multiplies faster when sugars are present and then relayed that into a discussion on what foods are best avoided to keep bad microbes from taking over our bodies and making us sick. That one was after a MSB episode on fermentation and pickles. Heck we even took out the bible during breakfast, read in John 8 (Let him who is without sin among you first cast a stone...) and had an in depth discussion on how we shouldn't judge each other (this after a heated argument between two of them).
    The nice thing is that if we need a break, we just toss on some music and have a dance party! It usually ends up in light child-led discussion about types of music and composers/songwriters. I love it! Then we leave the music on and dance our way through chores together!

I'm already seeing difference in the relationships in our household. My kids are helping each other and playing together more. Our 4 year old daughter (whom we've struggled with) is being more gentle and readily obedient/responsive toward me (most of the time). This is so right for us right now.
    My Primal Journal

Shoot, you've only been at this a couple weeks! Just think how smart your kids will be by next summer!

My mom got us placemats with paintings by the great artists on them and others with the constellations. Winslow Homer, Gaugin, Monet.........Big Dipper, Little Dipper, Perseus Minor and Major......that is also how we learned about different cloud formations. I've forgotten most of what I learned in school but I remember everything Mom taught me.

We got snow. BIG snow! Like 32 inches in the course of 2 days- on top of what was on the ground already. Then.... we RAN IN IT.
    The guys made it all the way up Adam's Canyon to the frozen waterfall and back (5.5 miles). The girls ran out of time and just made it to the mouth of the canyon and back (3.3 miles). There were plenty of snow shoers out to pack the trail a bit, but then the horses came through and ripped it to bits, so we ran in the thigh-deep snow off trail because it was easier than sliding wildly into horse tracks and tweaking knees and ankles.
    We had SO MUCH FUN!!!

There were plenty of shenanigans, tacklings, and snowball fights to be had. I love my girls, and I adore experiencing winter this way!!

On another note, I seem to have actually gained a little weight- not just "Oh I had too many carbs last night and I'm bloated". I'm too busy and happy to stew over it, I'll just up my activity level and watch my intake more. Life is lovely.
    My Primal Journal

This looks like a totally awesome day!

It was 70* all weekend here. I don't think we're getting snow this year.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Okay, either Kakes needs to send us snow, or Booter needs to lend us some heat. It was 53*F yesterday and felt like Springtime. I know it's going to stay colder for the next 2-3 months. I hate the in-between weather!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast