Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 24

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've gained a couple of pounds in the past week or so. I shouldn't care. My measurements haven't really changed, and I've been rocking the HIITs, so I'm pretty sure it's muscle and not fat. I think the only reason it bugs me a little is that I've been pretty lax on my carb intake lately and I know it. A little rice here and there, a lot of fruit ('tis the season!), and that darn dried and ever so slightly sugared coconut that I adore as a treat. Ah yes, and ice cream. All mentally justified by my high activity level. I'm hoping that as it gets cooler, ice cream won't be so dang appealing. It's futile for me to try to resist a good quality ice cream.
    I just really hope it's muscle.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Tuesday 10: Excellent Body Image Posts | theclothesmakethegirl
    I don't know what Paleo blogs you follow, if any, but I thought you might like this one.

At least you're not from Vermont. They'll eat ice cream anytime of year.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks ms. wonder! Adding it to my list!
    My Primal Journal

We kid of sort of had a HIIT night tonight... some of us. It was weird. We originally thought it would be a running night and both WLB and I were very much looking forward to a good trail run. But Alicia had other plans and wanted the workout to be short. So I put together a HIIT WoD and brought the needed equipment. As we waited for Misha and Ben to get there, Alicia was acting really depressed and stressed. I finally figured out that it was because she really wanted help picking up her new couch and she couldn't find anyone with a truck to help. Misha and Ben showed up an hour late and we decided if A wanted to get the couch so badly tonight, we'd just take the seats out of both our vans, take the tie downs with and get it done. Misha and I stayed at the house to feed kiddos and needless to say it took longer than expected (always does in such situations). So Misha and I did the WoD just the two of us while the kids ate. I felt bad that everyone else missed out, but it is what it is.
    Here's the workout:
    Warm up
    Bear walks forward and backward across the yard
    Sprints back and forth X2
    Ground Kongs back and forth
    Crabwalks (backward) back and forth

Workout:
    1 minute or max reps/time of each
    Planks
    Kettlebell clean and press
    Step Ups
    Throw downs
    Duck Walk back and forth
    Sloth Rows
    Ninja Tucks
    Knees to Elbows (hanging)

It was odd doing a workout with just Misha and I. We are at very different fitness levels and it frustrates me a little sometimes that she won't try things. She did all right tonight though- she tried most things and then modified to what she could do. I was patient and encouraging and I hope she felt comfortable. It didn't make a stellar workout for me though because I didn't have to push myself much. I still tried to, but it just wasn't the same as with everyone there. We had to take breaks to help kids with various things and by the time we finished I could have gone for round 2, but Mish was done and it was getting dark (and the mosquitos were HUNGRY!).
    We had yummy loaded taco salads (sans chips) and fresh peaches and cream for dessert.
    I have a 3 day essential oil convention coming up this weekend (Thurs, Fri, Sat), so I kind of feel like I want to get out and run to combat all the sitting I'll be doing.
    My Primal Journal

Done with the 3 day doTERRA convention. What an incredible weekend, an incredible company, and a myriad of incredible, top of the line, miraculous products. I've been with them for 2 of their 4 years, I teach classes, and use the oils and products daily, and they still amaze me.
    A huge highlight today was a presentation by Laura Jacobs on Candida. (namelesswonder, I wish I could have recorded it for you!) She went over diet (amazingly very similar to Primal with some tweaks), lifestyle, emotional issues, and of course how to treat it with CPTG essential oils. Cleansing the system safely and effectively and repopulating the gut properly. I took pictures of all her slides, so I'm going to try to piece things together if I can't find a recording of it.
    I wanted to recap and put down some thoughts tonight, but my head is done with looking at presentation screens and sitting all weekend. Time to give my eyes a break and veg with a book for a while. I'll have to tackle it a little later.
    My Primal Journal

Ah, repopulating the gut. Something that I am investigating thoroughly these days. I think I will need to see a doctor soon about this. I saw one earlier this year about some candida stuff and his recommendations were very in line with more of a naturopathic approach (good quality probiotics, for one thing). I hope that if I go back to him, there might be more tests he can run to figure out what's going on with me now!

mle777 is offline Member
    Your newest pictures look amazing! The next time the ice cream starts calling, think about those pictures and those amazing abs

Thanks mle! I think I've accepted ice cream as an inevitable part of my life and I shan't feel guilty when I indulge occasionally. I have cut back on the dried fruit and rice though.

I keep coming back to update and feeling too distracted and worn out to play catch up. I've been a busy girl! Yesterday was the fall Dirty Dash! It was awesome. We rocked it! The obstacles were arranged and the waves got off on time, so there was hardly any waiting around! It was great. We got through with the 10k- obstacles, wait time and all in an hour and 40 minutes. I was so stoked to jump into the final mud pit and surface again, only to be tackled by my sis-in-law and my little brother! They had been in a different wave time and we'd caught up enough to hit the finish at the same time! Next time we'll do it as a team for sure. I'll post pics soon.

In other news, you know how I said I'd gained a few pounds and whatever-it didn't matter? Psych. I hit a new low weight today. 150 on the new scale, 147 on the old one. But whatever... it doesn't matter.
    My Primal Journal

Hahaha I think you should cut your losses and toss both scales for a new one >< Having two scales would just be frustrating and confusing to me!

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Kakes,
    Checking up on you; I see you are doing great! Those pics, your abs and arms. Woohoo!!!!!

When are you submitting your success story?

Mommymd

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast