Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 22

Hey, did you make it back from camping OK???
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    I did! Though in light of my not posting since taking off, I can see how it would seem like I didn't.

Camping was actually pretty awesome. I rocked the supermom cape the whole time and even helped my sibs with their kids. I did get a little bit annoyed with my dad trying to tell me how to cook bacon and eggs and my parents going insane stuffing everyone with gluten-free frankenfood from cakes to muffins, pancakes to cookies. We were all in charge of certain meals and some were very much less than primal (chili and cornbread?? Talk about digestive upset!). Some were nothing shy of perfect, like the DIY tin foil dinners that included a huge array of choices- beef, turkey, chicken, white fish, tons of veg and fresh herbs, oils, butter and spices. On the whole though- even with crap sleep at night (the children and siblets used my tent/air mattress as a bounce house the first day and the subsequent leak left things not-so comfy to say the least), it was a fun trip. As much as I freaked out the day before we left, I determined that from day one, I would not allow myself to stress. So I didn't. It was great. We hiked and rigged up tree-swings, my brothers taught my boys to fly fish, I even got in a great mountain trail run with my brother and sis-in-law (whom I almost never get to run with, so that was awesome). I missed WLB and our comfy bed immensely, but I'm glad we went. My kids could not have gotten dirtier or been more happy about it.
    Things have obviously been busy since then. We had an awesome running night last Tuesday- 4.25 miles with my girls with a whole bunch of silly rock-climbing and tree climbing and play. I felt amazing the whole time. Then Wednesday when we were supposed to go to a family swim party, I started TOM early and came down with some weird bits of illness. We called in sick and staying home on the couch. TOM was 2 days early- which pissed me off because Thursday was my birthday! I'm 30!! I wanted to have a HIIT night with my fav people and go swimming with my folks- to ring in 30 feeling stronger and healthier than ever! Alas, I think camp food finally caught up with me and my immune system went kaput. No one could come to HIIT night anyway. My MIL gifted me with a butter bell crock and a spiral veg slicer (which rocks my socks)! Alicia and Misha took me out to sushi for lunch- complete with a bananas foster dessert that was to die for! WLB had a Target gift card that allowed us to go birthday shopping for me. It feels awesome trying on size medium clothing and sometimes even some smalls (and having them fit!!). After that WLB took over grocery shopping for me and brought home rotisserie so I wouldn't have to cook. I still wasn't feeling great, but I had a pretty good day considering. Friday I drove the kids down to swim with my parents and picnic. I think my mom is catching on because lunch was simple and very Primal. I had some great conversation with my dad about grain and why the Lord's declaration that grain is for man would obviously result in Satan (through time and wiles) corrupting that very grain. I thought I was feeling better, but by the time we hit home again, I wasn't. Saturday I woke of feeling awful. I'd just been getting more and more constipated over the past few days- I'm sure the tempura and rice from the sushi, and the sugar from the dessert didn't help. I pushed through the nausea and did a few hours of lawn mowing and yard work. I got a hefty gash and bruise on my leg from a piece of re-bar that was hidden in the neighbor's bush (my own fault). By the time I finished that, I was ready to shower and veg.... so I did. Just took it easy for the rest of the night and all of Sunday too. WLB hasn't felt great either. I don't know what this sickness is, but after drinking epsom salts (awful, awful btw) and using every essential oil and reflex point, I think I'm slowly on the mend. I'm never sick this long! Crazy! I did rally long enough last night to make a killer meal of salad, spaghetti zoodles (zucchini on the spiral slicer) with red sauce and meatballs. The kids went crazy for it!
    Today I've sewed a birthday gift, fed kids, played chauffeur and babysitter and gotten the massive piles of laundry going.
    Maybe someday soon I'll come back and add some pics to this and other posts. I really should, but It's all I can do to type it all out right now. I'm seriously depleted in energy. I'm hoping I'll be back in fighting shape for running tomorrow night. I could really use a great run!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Yeah you need to change your sig now to say THIRTY! You are amazing. Glad you are getting over the sickies.
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Gut Sense: How to reverse and prevent constipation in children and adults
    My new favorite website, I've been rambling about it all day on the forums haha. Seriously, it's a lot of reading, but great information about digestive issues. I've also been struggling with some really bad constipation lately, not sure if it's over yet.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I'll check it out. Thanks! I've normally got the most regular bowels ever. It's just been this past week or so that it's been ridiculous.
    My Primal Journal

Tuesday was running night and we hit Mueller Park trail again. I love that run in the mountains... leaves are just beginning to change a little and despite the presence of copious bikers to dodge, it really is an awesome trail. Misha and Sheri walked a lot and Alicia was wearing new shoes that were heavy and stiff, so she wasn't keeping up well and told me to just go. Since it's an out and back trail and we had a "turn around at 6:30" plan in place, I just took off. Someday I will make it to the rock in the allotted time. I'd have been close if the first mile or two up hadn't been so slow, laddering back and waiting for A. As it was I was pretty proud to make it 5.25 of the 7 miles. I had some hip issues, so I was pretty glad to be done when I was. When I took the kids swimming yesterday I had my dad adjust me and he found I was very out of alignment. He taught me some stuff he learned at a rehab seminar last week about stable and mobile joins and how they effect each other. In short- I need to strengthen my arches and my tibialis anticus. My foot weakness (who knew an active barefooter of 6+ years could have foot weakness?) causes aggravation of my hip problems (besides old injury), and that aggravates my sacroiliac joint which throws out my L4, which effects my colon efficiency. (Constipation mystery solved!) He gave me some exercises to do, so hopefully I can nip this in the bud.
    I've been eating well and keeping active, which is great for body maintenance, but I probably need more purposeful exercise if I want to sculpt away any more fat. Tonight we've planned HIIT night. Matt and Alicia can't make it, but Ben and Misha said they'd come, so we'll see what happens.
    School starts for the boys on Tuesday. I'm not ready. I love having my kids home and being free of defined schedules. Every year I think about homeschooling my kids and then it just doesn't feel quite right for us. I am hoping that PB is engrained in them enough that turning down treats at school won't be as hard. Boy #1 is 10 and has figured out how to be sneaky and drag his 7 year old little bro along for the ride. We discovered last night that despite promises and specific instructions, they hadn't brushed or flossed their teeth in like 2 weeks. Awesome. There's no telling what will happen when they go back into a school setting. *shrug* They have to learn to make their own decisions some time.
    My Primal Journal

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Oh wow...isn't that crazy how a misaligned structure can cause stuff like that (constipation)? I wonder if that was part of my issue last week. I've got crazy crooked hips, have since childhood, so it's going to take a while for my muscles to stop reverting back to the wrong position. I recently had my hips readjusted, two weeks in a row, because it didn't stick the first time.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Our bodies are so amazingly complex.
    I feel ya on not having adjustments stick- some of my problems come from genetically loose joints (I literally dislocate and relocate joints on a daily basis), combined with a body that was adjusted too often growing up. I fall out of adjustment in my sleep. It's one of the reasons I need to stay in shape and keep my hormones balanced. If I'm not strong, I pretty much fall apart. If I'm not balanced, it loosens my joints even more.
    My Primal Journal

I was sure we'd get rained out tonight as some crazy thunder storms blew through around 4:30 pm. They were gone by 5:30. Thank you crazy Utah weather.

Tonight's HIIT:

Warm up: Tabata style with 20 seconds football runs to 10 seconds push ups- 8 sets.

30x Dips
    30x Leg throws
    32x Wall runs
    30x 35lb kettlebell swings
    20x 25 lb reverse lunges
    1 min jump rope high jumps/double unders
    25 Medicine ball toss w/17 lb
    10 pull ups
    20x/side tire slams w/ 16 lb sledge hammer

We finished our rotations shaking and sweaty. It was so good. My new love is wall runs. Why do I love them? Not sure.... just do.
    Maybe they fit in there with my love for the challenge of handstands and balance poses.
    I also have a newly found love for leg throws.
    I will be sore tomorrow, and I will love it.

Dinner was caprese salad, chicken enchilada soup in the crockpot, and a dessert of grain-free chocolate chip cookies. The soup and cookies were complete "wing it" dishes. No recipes, not even a base to go off of. I just threw things in and they both turned out delicious. Huzzah!

I'm gazing out the window at the gorgeous blue moon. I am exhausted, and I feel awesome.
    My Primal Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    EIGHT MONTHS PRIMAL! Pictures may be in order. Maybe in a few days after body recovers from the weekend of family fun and tempting food-like substances. What?? I was really good... except for the cup of sherbet and the 6 pirouette cookies?? Yikes!!
    My Primal Journal

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast