Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 21

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Agreed. So much fun to be had!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Last night my cousin and his wife (whom I haven't seen in over a decade) came into town and my mom decided to host a little get together. True to form, there was gluten-free cake... and frozen yogurt with fruit. I keep telling myself I'll just skip the GF stuff and be fine. And then I don't skip it. Most of the time I handle it okay. This time, no bueno. It was a lovely get-together and my super talented cousin inspired my sons to play our new piano more. We sat out on the grass over looking the valley, ate and played. I knew when I was putting the cake in my mouth that my body didn't want it. I should have listened. This morning I woke up with some fierce intestinal pain... and swelling! I couldn't believe how heavy and swollen my guts felt! It was awful. I used some DigestZen (essential oil blend) and Frankincense oil (anti-inflammatory miracle). A few trips to the bathroom and some IF time later, I am feeling a bit better, if still head-achy and groggy. No more for me. I'm putting it here so that I'll actually commit- I need to eat really clean for a while- no GF frankenstuff. It will be tough. I am taking the kids camping with my family Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We are all supposed to bring our own snacks and lunches, and then each family is assigned a breakfast or dinner to prepare. I already know my parents are planning GF pancakes for Saturday morning and my sil is planning chili and cornbread for one of the dinners. I think I'll just have to pack enough food for us to eat clean separately from everyone else. The kids will cheat some- I can already guarantee that. I don't feel like being food-nazi mom on a camping trip while I'm dealing with so many other things on my own and I won't have WLB to back me up. But I also refuse to eat that stuff and feel like crap when I don't have parenting back-up. I'm so nervous for this camping trip- and not because of the food. I hate being away from WLB overnight- let alone double nights. I kinda feel like I'm abandoning him during his work convention week (busiest, most exhausting work week of the year). I hope he remembers to eat and sleep. And I hope I don't lose any children in the wilderness.
    Last edited by Kakes; 08-14-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    My Primal Journal

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Eat and sleep? What are these strange things you speak of?
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

FYI-The interview went OK, I guess. They didn't ask many questions over than the obligatory "Tell us how you got to this point". I feel like I conveyed my message of "I need a job where I can have the potential for advancement". I was completely sure I wasn't going to be nervous until I started the drive over there, then it hit me. I hate nervousness.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    Last night my cousin and his wife (whom I haven't seen in over a decade) came into town and my mom decided to host a little get together. True to form, there was gluten-free cake... and frozen yogurt with fruit. I keep telling myself I'll just skip the GF stuff and be fine. And then I don't skip it. Most of the time I handle it okay. This time, no bueno. It was a lovely get-together and my super talented cousin inspired my sons to play our new piano more. We sat out on the grass over looking the valley, ate and played. I knew when I was putting the cake in my mouth that my body didn't want it. I should have listened. This morning I woke up with some fierce intestinal pain... and swelling! I couldn't believe how heavy and swollen my guts felt! It was awful. I used some DigestZen (essential oil blend) and Frankincense oil (anti-inflammatory miracle). A few trips to the bathroom and some IF time later, I am feeling a bit better, if still head-achy and groggy. No more for me. I'm putting it here so that I'll actually commit- I need to eat really clean for a while- no GF frankenstuff. It will be tough. I am taking the kids camping with my family Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We are all supposed to bring our own snacks and lunches, and then each family is assigned a breakfast or dinner to prepare. I already know my parents are planning GF pancakes for Saturday morning and my sil is planning chili and cornbread for one of the dinners. I think I'll just have to pack enough food for us to eat clean separately from everyone else. The kids will cheat some- I can already guarantee that. I don't feel like being food-nazi mom on a camping trip while I'm dealing with so many other things on my own and I won't have WLB to back me up. But I also refuse to eat that stuff and feel like crap when I don't have parenting back-up. I'm so nervous for this camping trip- and not because of the food. I hate being away from WLB overnight- let alone double nights. I kinda feel like I'm abandoning him during his work convention week (busiest, most exhausting work week of the year). I hope he remembers to eat and sleep. And I hope I don't lose any children in the wilderness.
    Without sounding stupido, is WLB your fella who is rocking it in the pics with you? By the way, I had no idea mud was so fun. I am hoping to enter the spartan race next year in Edinburgh.
    I understand you not liking heading off without WLB. I have to work 1-2 night shifts a week (three this week) and I am not a fan at all.

On the foods, you can do it just dont panic. Think ahead and you'll be fine. i went on holiday with my wife, step daughter, aprents and sister at beginning of the year to florence. We eat paleo dairy in our house, but my folks and sis dont (Im trying, I really am, but their stubborn). The girls caved a little on their hols (my step daughter had already told she was going to cave BIG time, she was true to her word). I stuck it out, even on a day when we stopped in a vely square for lunch and all their was were pastry shops.

Stay strong, but if your gonna slip a little, have a marshmallow and enjoy the time with the winkles.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    FYI-The interview went OK, I guess. They didn't ask many questions over than the obligatory "Tell us how you got to this point". I feel like I conveyed my message of "I need a job where I can have the potential for advancement". I was completely sure I wasn't going to be nervous until I started the drive over there, then it hit me. I hate nervousness.
    Guh. Nervousness is the gr. "Ok, I guess" is better than, "I so tanked that" though! I've been thinking about you- sending positive thoughts and prayers your way still. I hope for your jobliness sooner than later!
    My Primal Journal

Yes Richard, WLB (WarlordBlade) is my muddy mine.

Thanks for your encouragement. I got all my panic attacks and stress out yesterday as I avoided packing for the camp out and today I am cool and collected and letting what will be, just be. I'm making good headway on my to-do list and hoping to leave in a few hours. Everything is packed but the food I think. Wish me luck!
    My Primal Journal

I had 3 websites regarding the venomous and/or dangerous animals of Utah, but decided against it, since you're so nice and all.

Have fun on your trip!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Yeah well, I've been backwoodsin' it here for a couple of decades, so I know those well. It's my own little dangerous (to themselves) animals I worry about!
    My Primal Journal

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    Yes Richard, WLB (WarlordBlade) is my muddy mine.
    Hey that's ME she's talking about there.

And Richard - it is WAY fun to get muddy. Especially with a REALLY HOT woman!
    I'm a lucky guy.
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast