Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 20

Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    Wednesday was our 11th Anniversary! Yay for us! We played, ate sushi, saw a movie, and did... other things...that people do on anniversaries.
    Oh dear, that embarrassed me a little bit. *fans red face*
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Oh dear, that embarrassed me a little bit. *fans red face*
    We looked at wedding pictures and made shmoopy eyes at each other... dude, where's your brain at?
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

We have been making the 40 minute drive to my parents house once a week (for the past 3) to take the kids swimming and picnic together. It is fun and exhausting. My parents are pretty up on the whole "wheat is bad" thing and the "sugar is bad" thing and they know grains aren't ideal as a whole, but they persist in gluten-free frankenproducts and bean dishes. Our picnics usually consist of fairly whole foods accompanied by "Grammy's gluten-free bread". Turkey and cheese sandwiches or almond butter and honey sandwiches with fruit, cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs, and a bunch of different veggies on the side. Often there are gluten-free rice chips on the side. Today was corn tortilla chips and chili bean dip with cheese, veggies and fruit. I pretty much never say anything about it, because I am grateful they are feeding us and just so grateful to have time with them. It could be worse food-wise. I just left their house feeling stuffed and bloated and having a slight reaction in my throat- itchy, burning, a bit of gland swelling. My body definitely reacted to the food. Essential oils helped quell things a bit, but I am glad those things are not a part of our regular diet. We were SO tired and groggy by the time we got home. Happily we got a bit of a nap this afternoon.
    We're looking forward to Cahoots tomorrow! I'm sure there will be grand messy pictures to come!
    My Primal Journal

Cahoots was fun! Not as fun as Dirty Dash. I know exactly the reasons why too! Everyone got there late due to road closures and traffic issues in the canyons. It was a new race and organization was not awesome. They didn't register people before and have them pick up packets like most races do, so we stood in line for a good hour or more before the race to sign a waiver and get our numbers. We started half and hour late and all the starting "waves" were screwed up resulting in huge lines at major obstacles. The few water stations they had were only in the first half of the race, badly stocked and out of water quickly. Now that I have that off my chest.... we went into it knowing it was a new race and that there would be hitches, but also determined to have fun and make it exciting. We also went dressed like this:

We were required to make our own team flag and carry it with us through the race to be hung at the end. AND since one of us couldn't wear a cape without the other getting super-hero costume envy, and we figured we'd want one to keep anyway, we made two!
    I wish we'd had our mud-race photog there like we did with the last Dirty Dash, but we made do with our little water proof camera and the friends we made along the way. At the first big mud pit, I was reminded how much I love mud...

...and climbing things...

...and running around in a costume acting like a giant kid....

...oh, and this guy....

(to be continued...)
    My Primal Journal

... more pictures!

Eleven years and 4 kids together and I have to say we make an amazing team! We tackled every obstacle without a hitch and loved every second (except maybe getting mud in our sinuses from having to fully submerge a few times- blech!).

My Primal Journal

That looks super cool! We've got the Warrior Dash coming up next month (or the end of this month?) and a water proof disposable camera is a great idea. You look awesome!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    The capes and masks are awesome! Did you make the masks?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Thanks! We like them. And yes- I actually made a whole bunch of them back in March for a super hero birthday party and these have been kicking around the house.
    My Primal Journal

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    That looks super cool! We've got the Warrior Dash coming up next month (or the end of this month?) and a water proof disposable camera is a great idea. You look awesome!
    Warrior Dash! Sweet! We have Dirty Dash next month and WLB has Tough Mudder in October (which I so wish I was doing). 'Tis the season for mud! Huzzah!
    My Primal Journal

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I wish all these dang races/events weren't so expensive! I'd love to do ALL of 'em next year! Spartan, Tough Mudder, Dirty Dash, Color me Rad, etc etc.
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast