Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 18

Ahh, being grateful. Now that's something everyone needs a lot more of these days.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Indeed. I have spent the last 2 hours out in the back yard with my potty training two year old; teaching her to somersault and headstand, lying on the grass and looking at clouds and trees, and of course running in the house to take her to the toilet and throwing mini parties when she succeeded. It was made all the more adorable by the fact that she was "nudie"- clad only in a tiny pair of Ariel undies. While she naps I will fold laundry and be grateful we have clothing. Then I will pry the older children away from electronics and take them out to play.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Okay before I forget...
    It is a sweet tooth day today and I made up some recipes that are quite scrumptious.

First up are the Banana Coconut Cookies
    These would have been brilliant with raisins, but my small pack of food hoovers have dispatched all of the raisins.

1 ripe banana, mashed
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup softened salted butter
    1/8 c milk (optional)
    1/4 c raw honey
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    2 tbsp cinnamon
    1 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 tsp clove
    2 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut

Mix together well. Spoon onto a cookie sheet line with parchment paper, flatten a bit and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-18 minutes. Let cool before eating.
    I added chocolate chips to half the batch- they were unnecessary. The cookies without them were better!
    Makes 2 dozen small cookie or a dozen bigger ones.

Then I talked to WLBs sis and we decided to do a crossfit type WOD in our back yard tonight and we had dinner, but not dessert planned, so to supplement the cookie plate, I made these little Coconut Chocolate Almond Squares.

Approximately:
    1/2 cup coconut oil
    1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 cup almond butter
    1/4 cup raw honey
    2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut

Mix it up in a bowl, spread it into an 8x8 pan (I lined mine with parchment), and put it in the fridge for at least an hour. Cut into squares or bars. Simple and SCRUMPTIOUS. This one tastes like an Almond Joy bar.

No "flours", no sugar. Minimal amount of honey. Bam.
    My Primal Journal

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    BAM! Can't wait to have some.
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Are you making fun of me? Cuz I might have to beat you up if you are.

Note for self (and others who might benefit): This is a really cool website- The WOD Shop - Online CrossFit Workout of the Day (WOD) Generator
    My Primal Journal

Fallen far behind on journaling. Okay, so like a week and a half. It's all with good reason- I've been LIVING!!
    Our HIIT workout in the back yard was awesome and left us all sore for a long time. (I'm lazy so I'm going to linky to WLB's fitness blog for pics.) We've had some sweet trail runs, some great handstand and pose practice, hiking, some sprints, a family reunion, swimming, heavy lifting (we got a free piano!), and a LOT of play. I feel like I've made a necessary small course correction in diet. I was getting a little too often with my sweets and treats and my snacking was getting careless. I hopped back onto regular IFs once or twice a week, nixed snacking and got more active again. New weight lows: 151.0 on the new scale, 147 on the old scale. I weigh often, but don't put much store by it- still I'd rather be staying the same or slowly going down than up.
    As WLB and I were playing around with yoga challenge poses the other night after watching Olympic gymnastics, I found myself in Eka Pada Chakrasana thinking, "Hm, I think I could do a walkover from here." I couldn't quite get the feel for it and I hadn't warmed up enough, so I probably should have just let it be. Instead I asked WLB to just give my leg a little nudge over. The first time it was bad timing and I fell out laughing. The second time, I made it over with much help, and pulled something in my inner elbow. Nothing major or damaging, just enough to hurt. I think it would have been fine if my shoulder had been in adjustment, but it had been slightly out for weeks. I had a chiropractic adjustment from my dad just before swimming yesterday and the shoulder is better, but the strain on the elbow will take a while to get back to normal. I had a great swim though- for a lifelong doggie paddler. Some good laps in breast stroke, freestyle and backstroke. Not to mention the various side stroke, breaststroke, "froggy hops" and "dolphin glides" that were executed with one or more squealing, giggling children clinging to my back and/or front. The Olympics have inspired me. My arms, shoulders, sides, back and chest are burning today! Then Alicia let WLB and I run Patsy's mine (see link above) and... my LUNGS!!!! Good gravy my lungs were burning trying to run/hike some serious mountain trail after the swims! Probably great for my VO2max or whatever. After dinner (seared garlic thyme chicken thighs and salad) everyone just chilled and watched Olympics at our house until late. We all got to bed quite late. Littlest little is potty trained now (YAY!!!!!!!!!), which is awesome, except for 3 am wake ups for toilet runs and nightmare calming. I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck.
    I think I'll sit around and fold laundry today.
    Cahoots is a week from tomorrow! Woohoo!
    My Primal Journal

And this photo- it's on WLB's blog, but it's awesome, so I'll post it here.

This was taken while I was completely failing to climb a rock that was REALLY hard to climb with almost no hand holds. Of course WLB had just squirreled on up it like it was nothing, so I felt like a total wuss. Isn't it nice that the resulting picture actually makes me feel really great about my body! Look at my leg! *squee*
    My Primal Journal

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    If only you could see yourself the way I see you!

HOTTIE
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I heart you.
    My Primal Journal

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You know I hadn't actually linked to my blaaargh on here yet... Thanks for ratting it out!

Also - You are AMAZING and really really really good looking!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast