Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 14

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Huzzah! WLB finally got his pullup bar put up! And yet... there is a down side. It has to do with me being used to doing pull ups on a door-frame-hanging bar, and thus close enough to the floor to have never accomplished a pull up from a dead hang. Can't do it.....yet. I will though!! I hopped up on the bar and tried and tried... swung, tried kipping even. No dice. It kinda feels like I'm starting from square one, but I am determined to get there, and soon.
    Maybe someday I'll be cool enough for muscle-ups.... maybe.

The hubs applied for a new job last week. We've heard no word back yet. The salary has the possibility of being more than double our current income. Which, with 6 primal bodies to feed and clothe (4 growing, one shrinking, one trying to pack on muscle), and half a mountain of debt left to pay off, it would be an extremely welcome change. A girl can hope... pray, beg, plead and throw out every positive vibe possible. He's been grossly underpaid for years, so it would be a huge confidence booster and lifestyle improvement for us. Well... I pause about the lifestyle improvement. In some ways- it would allow us to afford more and better quality for ourselves, and the ability to help others too. But there aren't many companies out there that have the fitness benefits that WLB has had from his current employer of 10 years. Crossfit, Brazilian Jiujitsu, Yoga, the gym.... he'll miss having that at the ready all of the time.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    The hubs applied for a new job last week. We've heard no word back yet.He's been grossly underpaid for years, so it would be a huge confidence booster and lifestyle improvement for us.
    I'll throw a prayer towards UT if you'll pitch one this way. I feel the same as WLB, maybe I'm wrong, but I think I'm past due. I've seen a couple good jobs open in the last few weeks and just found another today!

Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    Well... I pause about the lifestyle improvement. In some ways- it would allow us to afford more and better quality for ourselves, and the ability to help others too.
    And this is my plan too; I want to do well so I can do good. Anyways, well wishes to you.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

You're on brother. Prayers headed Bama way!
    My Primal Journal

Have accomplished 1 pull up from dead hang.
    It took a little kipping, but I did it! I've found if I go straight into pullup from the initial jump up to the bar, that works too. Now to up that number!
    WLB and I hung his gymnastic rings from the bar last night. WOW does that work a whole new world of muscles! It's amazing to me how the idea/perspective of strong and fit changes as I become more so. At first I thought I'd be so satisfied with under 20% body fat and the ability to do all the PEM minimums. But the more I accomplish physically, the more I realize I really am capable of accomplishing. Now I want solid strength and control. I want to be gymnast, free runner, rock climber, weight lifter, cross fit, yoga master... amazing. Just gotta work... with the time and resources I have. This could take at least a decade. :P
    Tonight is a running night. I'm so ready for it.
    I went to bed at 11:30 (early for me) the night before last. I knew I needed to get up a little early and be on top of things the next day. I woke up feeling awesome. I had a great day and was happy, productive and patient (until about 9:30 pm when I turned into a huge grump and needed ice cream and macadamia nuts). I really should learn my lesson from that. Summer has reeked havoc on my sleep schedule. 12:30 or 1 is pretty typical these days and I have been paying for it. I stayed up until 12:30 last night (this morning) and woke up groggy and tired today. Gosh I'm dragging. I hesitate to make it an official goal even though I know it's crucial to my well being. We'll start with baby steps... bed before midnight. There. I said it. So let it be done.
    My Primal Journal

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you aren't working with your circadian rhythm. I find that, for me, an 8:30 bedtime with a 5:30 wakeup seems to be where I am happiest. If I go to bed later, not only do I not sleep well but I wake up even earlier.

Our bodies are amazing things and there is no end to what one can accomplish.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

That makes me giggle just a little bit. As a mother of 4 young children, rhythm isn't even in the equation.
    If I get a solid block of sleep, I'm just grateful.
    My Primal Journal

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I forgot about the four children! Probably because you look like you've never had any.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Waittaminute!? You've got FOUR KIDS!?! When did this happen?
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordBlade View Post
    Waittaminute!? You've got FOUR KIDS!?! When did this happen?
    How many are you providing for?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    How many are you providing for?
    Ha! Sometimes it seems like MORE.
    I buy a ton of food and never get to eat half of it because they tasmanian devil through it before I have a chance to!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast