Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 13

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Good to know I'm not the only one! WLB was so dehydrated after his first Ragnar a few years back that he dropped 10 pounds overnight. He gained it back of course, but it was crazy! Since then we've put an emphasis on proper hydration and electrolytes. I think I was mostly surprised at how long it took my body to flush things out and return to a normal state.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Our 6 month Primalversary was yesterday! Yay! We planned to take 6 month pics, and we probably still will at some point, but we haven't yet. We've had no shortage of picture posting lately so I'm sure no one is crying over lack of Kakes pics.

I cut back to once-a-week runs. I sprinted, lifted, did pullups and pushups, kettlebelled, handstanded (handstood?), and yoga'd a bit. It feels like forever since I've run! WLB and I are going out for a good trail exploration tonight. I can't wait! He, on the other hand, has run himself silly- he's gone out on his own a bunch, plus he's been hitting crossfit and yoga at the work gym. Makes me feel down right lazy! It's been TOM, so this past week has DRAGGED on.

Yesterday I was made aware that a friend of mine from high school had gone missing in Colorado. One of the kindest guys I've known. He left for a hike on Saturday and hadn't been heard from since. Through facebook and tips they found his car at a trail head along I-70. As I was typing this, they just announced that he's been found alive... and then removed the announcement. I'm very confused now. It's amazing to me how I haven't seen the guy for a decade, and yet the moment word went up that he was in trouble, I worried about him like he was my brother. I had to control myself from getting too emotional- telling myself over and over that there was nothing practical I could do to help. I've just spread the word and prayed a lot. I still have no details- whether he's injured, what happened, how it happened... time will tell I suppose. Or maybe it won't. Maybe I'm too far out of the loop to know details. Either way, I hope he's safe and I'm glad they have news. It makes me think... I hope I'm that kind of person. That if something happened to me, not just my immediate loved ones, but people I haven't seen for decades, or even that I'd only met on the internet would pull together on my behalf and truly care for my well being. I hope I love people enough to leave a positive impression on them that lasts.
    My Primal Journal

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Hey we could take pictures after our run tonight. Or on it! Nice sunset-type background or something!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

My friend has passed on. I weep for his family and friends and I pray for their comfort and peace.
    My Primal Journal

Mshathvri is offline Senior Member
    I am so sorry about your friend. =(
    Beastly musician / My Primal Blog

My plan for the year (July 23rd 2012-July 23rd 2013):

Walk to Mordor. I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.
    Do Convict Conditioning / balance exercises.
    Eat primally.
    Take a progress picture once a week.
    Don't weigh myself.

Starting weight: 223
    Current weight: ???
    Goal weight: 145

Waist measurement 08/03/12: 42 inches and three quarters
    Goal waist measurement: 30 inches

We went out in the heat yesterday- WLB and I. We ran up in the foothills, exploring up into canyons and climbing waterfalls. It was so very enjoyable. We ended up going just under 3.5 miles with a good amount of climb. My legs are marvelously tired today, so I feel somewhat accomplished. We have no plans for Independence Day today. I feel just a bit bad about that. We do have a running night planned for tomorrow with M and A. I am looking forward to it.

Okay here we go. 6 months primal! Sorry about the pic quality- we took our dinky point and shoot camera that doesn't seem to love sun as much as we do.

My waist is about 7 inches smaller than it was 6 months ago. I've lost at least 18% body fat- my bf % sits around 15.5% right now. I started the year at at least 34%. The cushy layers are melting off and I'm starting to see more muscle definition and even more skin firmness. I still have work to do, but I'm not stressed about it in the least. As I keep living primal, it will happen.
    Primal living ROCKS.

I love this quote: "Fit is not a destination, it's a way of life."
    My Primal Journal

Had a beautiful and slightly humid 4.5 mile trail run with Alicia last night. She had IT band issues, so I did a lot of laddering back and took some short walk breaks with her. She kept telling me to take off without her, but I told her it was boring way up there and if I wanted to run alone, I would have run alone! It was the best I've felt on a run in a while. It surprised me because my quads had been killing me all day. I decided I'm going to concentrate on my planks and mayurasana pose for a while. Yesterday I held a full 2:10 plank before tiring out. I'll admit, it was hard, but I didn't put in max effort. I got bored! Maybe this will help my attention span as well. Then I started figuring out the logistics of mayurasana (peacock pose that WLB does everywhere all the time- he's so good at it!). I found that I have a longer torso compared to my arm length, and a much lower center of gravity. This makes this pose much more difficult for me! It's really hard to get my elbows below my navel. I'm working on it. It's easier for me to do mayurasana bound in lotus since it shortens things up a lot, but even that is hard. I practiced flying crow and headstands, elbow stands and handstands as well. My the time I quit my abs, wrists, arms, chest and back were shaking and exhausted. It was fantastic. I am surprisingly not as sore as I thought I'd be. I think I'll start practicing plank everyday for a while. Maybe some kettlebell work today too.
    My Primal Journal

mle777 is offline Member
    The 6 month pictures look great! You look so happy and so fit

Mshathvri is offline Senior Member
    Your pictures are inspiring! You look radiantly happy and gorgeous in them.
    Beastly musician / My Primal Blog

My plan for the year (July 23rd 2012-July 23rd 2013):

Walk to Mordor. I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.
    Do Convict Conditioning / balance exercises.
    Eat primally.
    Take a progress picture once a week.
    Don't weigh myself.

Starting weight: 223
    Current weight: ???
    Goal weight: 145

Waist measurement 08/03/12: 42 inches and three quarters
    Goal waist measurement: 30 inches

PrimalCon New York
    Thanks lovely friends! I keep surprising myself in the mirror and in pictures. It used to be that I had one picture of me in my head and I'd see myself and think, "Dang it! I'm always chubbier than I think I am!" Now it's quite the opposite. I catch a glance of myself having expected to see a poochy belly and thunder thighs and I end up pleasantly surprised at how lean I look! Someday I'll get used to looking as awesome as I feel. Until then, I can make gleeful exclamations and sound horribly conceited.
    My Primal Journal

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast