Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 11

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    (part 2)

ps. Not at homeostasis yet... lots of work still to do.
    Last edited by Kakes; 06-05-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Dude you guys look amazing and that looks like a blast. You have the best smiles. I wish I could be fit enough to do something like that!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

It was such a blast! And thanks for the compliments. I love that in this particular race, it's all about the fun. No time limits, there is a 5k short cut for those that get tired, you can walk around any obstacle you aren't comfy with. There was every shape, age and size out there having a ball. You should totally try a mud run! Careful though- they're totally addictive.
    My Primal Journal

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Dude you guys look amazing and that looks like a blast. You have the best smiles. I wish I could be fit enough to do something like that!
    Thanks for the compliment! I usually think I have a goofy smile... But anyway - I think there are things you can do to prepare to 'be fit enough' for this type of thing - but the thing to remember is this is a FUN mud run, and there are quite a few like that across the country. The best thing is it is often considered a 'running' event - but really you 'run' a half mile (or less) jump over a wall, crawl through tunnels, or SOME obstacle, often with a little wait where you're just enjoying the atmosphere, then move on to the next short 'run' to the next obstacle. They ARE challenging, but not insurmountable. I bet you could do it!
    There ARE also tougher runs like the Spartan Race and the Tough Mudder that are more about the challenge than just good dirty fun, but you don't have to do those until you catch the bug!

Kakes did amazing! It was such fun to run it with her!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    So we had such a GREAT time at that Dirty Dash that we entered a FB contest - if you want to help Kakes out you can vote for her picture by clicking 'like' here so she can get a free entry into the next Dirty Dash in the fall! you can vote for me too if you want... but Kakes is currently in 2nd but needs some help!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

We both WON FREE ENTRIES and Dirty Dash hoodies!! Thanks for voting for us namelesswonder (and anyone else who did!)!!
    I'm so stoked to do it again. We also decided our 11th anniversary celebration would be running CAHOOTS together. A lot like Dirty Dash, but all obstacle are designed to be done in pairs- super tall walls and counterbalance stuff... it looks so fun. I am so excited!
    We've been running a lot lately- almost too much, in preparation for Ragnar. It's less than a week away!! I'm getting nervous (in a positive way)! Last Wednesday on our family running night I decided to go with the boys for a "longer" run. Well it didn't end up longer, but it ended up HARDER! We did Davis Creek up to Pretty Valley again. I was on the tail end of TOM and recovering from the first real sick day I've had in months, so the first mile or so was juice-less and grueling. I was running on fumes. Once we got to the Valley and turned around I started finding a groove, but I was way behind the brothers and WLB kept having to come back for me. We hit the fork about half way back to the car and WLB decided it would be fun to see where the other fork went (UP). The sign said, "HELL HOLE". That should have told us something. We headed up in an extreme upward manner. I've never hiked, let alone tried to run on a trail that steep. It climbed into and through gorgeous forests and up to 6000 ft and evergreens. We turned around after another mile or so and my legs were burning. It was so steep that the way back down was not the speedy flight that downhill usually proves to be. By the time we hit the car at 3 miles total, my quads felt like they weighed a good hundred pounds each. When we ran again on Friday- a 4ish mile road run, I was just toast. The repetitive movement of a road run along with the heat beat the tar outta me. I much prefer the trails- how things have changed! We went to the Scottish Festival this weekend with our running fam and my mom. It was a lot of fun- walking and wandering, dancing and shopping booths. WLB had helped a coworker de-roof his house sat. morning, and tore a tendon or something in his wrist and blistered his hand. He struggled with that all weekend. It's been painful for him. Hopefully he can rest it enough to let it heal well. Last night Alicia (sil) and I dyed each others hair red for Clan McRagnar! My hair is so dark it took twice to take, but I like it. In celebration, we had root beer floats. Not primal, but I feel like we've been burning off the calories lately and we could handle it. Girl Child #1 freaked out again. Soda is not her friend. Someday maybe we'll learn.
    The scale has started dropping again. The new one reads as low as 153 sometimes and the old on as low as 149! That's 25 lbs off since January! I haven't weight this little since about 8th grade. I think my legs are starting to really trim.
    All right. I'm kicking myself off the computer to go sew running kilts for Ragnar!
    My Primal Journal

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Congrats! Hope WLB recovers quickly. Red hair is fun once in a while

I looked into "dash" type activities in my area. Definitely think Boyfriend and I could do a shorter course together next year (I'm sure he could push himself to do something longer and be okay, but I definitely couldn't handle 10-12 miles!). He was supposed to do Tough Mudder in May, but had shoulder surgery in January so he couldn't manage it. Hopefully I can convince him to do something shorter so I can feel accomplished and we can have fun doing it together
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Great Pictures guys! Congrats on winning the free enteries as well, I would have voted but FB is very blocked where I work. I would love to do something like that....just gotta find an actual person that lives close to me to do it with....one of these days
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

Need to do a full Ragnar update, but I'm not that time committal at the moment. For now, I will leave you with this picture. It took me by surprise. I dare say 5 1/2 months of Primal have done my body good! Please excuse the ridiculously dirty mirror and messy storage closet.
    My Primal Journal

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Hot tamale for sure!!

I need some sexier bras after seeing yours
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast