Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 10

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    We had some more great trail runs in the past 5 days. I just found out that one of my Ragnar relay legs was changed quite drastically. I'd been crazy nervous about it as it was almost 1300 feet of vert and back down in under 3 miles. Crazy steep. Well they cut the vert by almost 1000 feet! It'll be a fun little 2 mile trail jaunt with about 300 feet of vert. At first I was slightly disappointed- I'd been training for the challenge and all, but now I'm just relieved! We have our mini relay coming up this Saturday and our mini vacay to Park City! Woot!
    We had loads of family fun gatherings for with both sides of our family this weekend. We ate out and didn't have a problem eating primal. My family started really noticing my change in fitness. It was fun to get compliments- and even better to feel good in my clothes. I have some very health conscious/health educated family, so some good conversations took place. It was a great Mother's Day (I usually hate mothers day, so that's a bonus).
    Ah, and WLB and I took progress pics.

You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    You look FANTASTIC!
    I am the luckiest man alive!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Damn, woman! NO WAY do you look like the mother of four kids!!!

Still jealous.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Haha! Thanks hb! Definitely feels good. (And easier to raise four kids when I'm not lugging around 20 extra lbs and I have plenty of energy!)
    My Primal Journal

VICTORY!!
    The new scale says 156, the old one says 153!! I have now tied my lowest adult weight ever! I've also out done my high school waist measurement of 24". I had a little niggling in the back of my head- while I knew my body would settle where it wanted to and wherever that was was okay with me, I thought it would be really cool if I could out do my work-out-an-hour-a-day and eat-an-almost-vegan-diet low weight of 153 (on my old scale). Huzzah for Primal! I don't feel like I'm quite done yet, but I don't feel the need to push either. I can just keep living happily and actively and let my body do what it wants to do. I love this. And I had paleo brownies last night that were SO DANG GOOD.

Best Dang Paleo Brownies ever!
    Preheat oven to 325 and butter or oil a 9x13 pan (or use parchment paper)

Melt on low heat, stirring occasionally:
    4.5 ounces 80% or higher organic chocolate
    1 1/2 cubes butter

Warm 3/4 cup honey slightly in microwave (20 seconds on high) then whisk into the chocolate mix with:
    3 eggs
    3/4 cup heaping almond flour (you can make your own; any other nut flour is acceptable)
    1 1/2 Tablespoons vanilla
    3/4 teaspoon sea salt

Stir to combine. If desired, chop 3 to 4 more ounces of chocolate into chunks and fold into brownie batter. Otherwise, add some cocoa powder and a bit of maple syrup.

Pour batter into pan, moving batter around to fill the corners, bake in the upper third of your oven (not the top) until the center is set to the touch, 25 minutes or so, then place pan in refrigerator to cool for roughly 1 hour. Store Chilled, if you are layering best to put some parchment or wax paper between each layer.

Adapted from Best "Damn" Brownie ever

I had a gorgeous hike/run up Mueller Park Canyon with WLB's sister. 3.11 miles, over 900 ft of climb up and then back down. We arrived home to shredded pork salad and those incredible brownies. It was awesome.
    My Primal Journal

I just had to gloat somewhere that wasn't facebook.... I just found that I fit nicely (no sucking in) into my size 8 wedding dress from almost 11 years ago! I've got my wedding weight beat by somewhere between 7 and 12 pounds already. WOOT!
    My Primal Journal

kalli889 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    I just had to gloat somewhere that wasn't facebook.... I just found that I fit nicely (no sucking in) into my size 8 wedding dress from almost 11 years ago! I've got my wedding weight beat by somewhere between 7 and 12 pounds already. WOOT!
    Double WOOT! This is wayyyy awesome!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Okay really fast- 10 days worth. We vacationed in Park City for a week, but began it with the Running With Ed Relay benefiting PC's eduction system. My 1st leg was 3.15 miles of road and trail all the way up to the top of the Olympic Park. It was hard and very good. Lots of climb. Second leg was 5.5 miles of road and trail with less vert (but definitely some). Rocked it. It was awesome- my farthest run of the year at that point. The lame thing was they gave us a late start time. We weren't the slowest team by any means, but we were the last 2 teams on the course. You'd think that would mean more people cheering us on at the finish. You would think wrong. Most of the exchange points were either being taken down or were down and gone by the time we got there and we were completely ignored at the finish line- we had to take our own medals off the hanger. THEN they didn't even list us on the finish times sheet! We were a little miffed, but we still had fun. Anyway- to vacation! We swam, hot tubbed, hiked in the high elevation mountains (starting at 7000+ feet), and ran trails up there too. Oh, the air is a little thin up there. Crazy. We got home on Friday and were so grateful to have the weekend to recover. My parents 40th Anniversary party was Saturday. The Primal apple cinnamon cake with coconut whipped cream and strawberries was a HUGE hit. I have several sibling on the brink of getting into this primal thing and thinking, "I could eat this way!". I got a bazillion compliments on how healthy I look- which was so kind and awesome. Made me feel fantastic. Sunday was a lovely rest day, but by today, I was kinda raring for some activity. I did some yard work, played around with my handstands (getting good at them!), squatted some real weight, and then set off for a family running night. AND HOW. I mentioned I wanted to get a longer distance in, and that I had loved the trail that WLB's sis and I had gone on before. WLB and B (BIL) took me seriously and we ran the whole dang thing- 7.5 miles with over 2100 feet of vert!!! Holy crap! We did it in decent time too! My longest run of the year! We came home to lettuce-wrapped cheese burgers with tomato and onion, and watermelon. I am tired. And I have crazy hiccups.
    The kids had soda today... and boy did we pay for it come bed time. Girl child #1 was SO. ANGRY. It took us hours to get her to stop screaming and go to sleep. Sleep... speaking of, I think I will go get some.
    My Primal Journal

............... 2/6 ... 2/15 ... 2/21 ... 2/28 ... 3/13....3/27....4/9 ....4/20 ... 5/9....5/29
    Bust ...... 37.5 ... 37.5 ... 37.5 ... 37.5 .... 37.5 .... 37 ... 36.5 .. 36.5 ... 36.5.. 36.5
    Waist ...... 29 .... 28.5 .... 27.5 .... 27 ..... 26.5 .... 26 ... 25.5 ... 25 ..... 24 .... 23
    Hipline ..... 40 .... 38.5 .... 37 ..... 36 ...... 35.5 .... 35 ... 34.5 ... 34 ..... 33 ... 32.5
    Hips/Butt 42.5 ... 41.5 ... 40.5 ... 40 ....... 39 ...... 38.5 . 38 ..... 38 ...... 37 ... 36.5
    Mid Thigh . 23 .... 22 ...... 21 .... 20.5 ..... 20 ...... 19 .... 18 ..... 18 ...... 18 .. 17.5
    Upper thigh X .... 24.5 ... 23.5 .. 23 ..... 22.5 ...... 22 .... 21.5 ...21.5 ...20.5 .. 20
    Body fat is approximately 16-17%

Other than hips, legs and butt toning up a little more, I'm getting very close to homeostasis, I think.
    My Primal Journal

June 2nd was The Dirty Dash. Oh. My. GOSH. There is nothing more primal, more FUN than that right there. I'm hoping we can scrape up money to sign up and do it again in the fall. We had the time of our lives! 5.5 miles punctuated by a whole bunch of obstacles, and a whole lotta mud! I was dang proud that I did all of the obstacles unassisted including 2 LONG sets of high monkey bars, many wall climbs, rope nets, etc. Nothing like beating fun challenges with my awesomely sexy man by my side!
    Okay, here comes the part where I inundate you with pictures.

(continued)
    My Primal Journal

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast