Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vivid dreams? page

Blorton is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Okay, this is a weird one.

Has anyone else started having more dreams since going Primal? I'm not quite two weeks in and have had at least two that I can recall. Mind you - I'm glad, because that proves I'm going into deep sleep, something that has been hard to hit for a long time.

Maybe it's some mind-altering toxins in the 'old' fat stores that are being melted away, or maybe it's because I'm coming off of 5 months of intense workouts and intentionally taking a more relaxed approach to exercise, or maybe it's because certain life stressors have been reconciled. (shrug)

Did I mention I love PB? Thanks to a high stress job and formerly bad diet, I struggled with poor sleep for years. Now I'm finding that sleep is coming easier and I'm even occasionally able to get a full night's rest.

Primal since February 2010. On seventh round of P90x.

My Blathering, Babbling Journal

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member

I've always had very vivid dreams in the past, but I know that whenever my body goes into ketosis for an extended period of time (over a day or two) my recall goes through the fricken' roof! We're talking three or four dreams a night on a regular basis. It's like I'm living two lives haha

AlanBradin is offline Junior Member

Blorton, this can be a combination of hitting your REM cycle, which a lot of people experience after making this sort of dietary change, as well as withdrawl symptoms from whatever you cut out of your diet. Smokers will also often report vivid dreams during the first few weeks of their cessation.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

I've been having vivid dreams lately, too. Not typical for me. Not a bad thing, for the most part.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

hippie_mama is offline Member

I've been dreaming like crazy myself, remembering more, seeing things more vividly, etc. but i'm also pretty stressed-out with life, which has made me more attuned to my dreams in the past, so it's hard to say for me if it's the diet or the crazy external forces on my life.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

I was too weirded out to make this exact post. I HAVE been having more vivid/messed up type of dreams, they're kind of subsiding now maybe my body's more fully adjusted to PB (almost a month in) but definitely noticed having more dreams per night, more fleshed out dreams, and more realistic dreams...

Now... if I could figure out how to lucid dream... well ...

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

mia
    mia is offline Junior Member

Hi,

I have read that very low zinc levels contribute to the inability to dream or recall dreams so maybe this is it's opposite.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member

Interesting. I hadn't thought to associate with PB, but yes, I've been having TONS of vivid dreams, and remembering them weeks later (which if you know me and my memory or lack thereof, this is very unusual).

It seems to have slowed down a bit the past two weeks, but for a month or so I felt like I wasn't sleeping because I was apparently REALLY busy at night!

"Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Grumpycakes is online now Senior Member

You bet. I look forward to the wackiness every night. And sometimes I'm sad that there's more wackiness than sexiness. Oh well.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Ditto on the dreams! Rivals my dreams when I was on anti-malarials!!!

Sometimes.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast