Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vivid dreams? page 4

The Big L is offline Senior Member

Fascinating thread. I very, very rarely remember my dreams. Occasionally I'll remember them in spurts -- a couple nights in a row maximum. However I have not remembered a single dream since I started a PB diet 6 weeks ago.

I must admit, I'm a bit envious of those who routinely remember their dreams and/or have vivid dreams. Unless those dreams are of an unpleasant nature, like Timothy's or the one with Al Gore in it.

TexasPrimal is offline Junior Member

I wondered if anyone else had experienced this phenomena since going primal. In the past my dreams were vague and brief. Now that I'm primal my dreams are like Steven Spielberg productions.... long, with great plot and outstanding color and special effects.

Jasetyn is offline Junior Member

I've had vivid dreams my entire life, with excellent recall. My elders used to tell me it was a gift, but I tried everything to get rid of it. They had gotten less frequent a year or so ago, but now they are back again! I don't mind them most of the time. Last night I had quite a good one because I actually felt in control or like my true self. Another person (who I never saw) and I were getting some kind of tutorial by some really hip-looking Japanese young people inside this enormous concrete building in a huge city full of enormous concrete buildings (If anyone has seen the movie 'The International' the architecture was just like the Calvini residence) Anyway, we had this strange feeling something was going on, then a couple of minutes later we were on top of the concrete building opposite the building we were just in with heaps of other people and I looked out to the side of the building and all of these bombs started going off. We were shocked, everyone was, but only me and this other person were thinking ahead to the fact that the explosions were getting closer and closer, so we ran to the end of the building and started pushing people to go down these enormous concrete stairs on the outside of the building, we got them far down the street and decided to go back for more people. There were grandparents and grandkids having picnics on the roof of this building exploding and we were befuddled as to why everyone seemed oblivious to their impending doom! But we encouraged as many people as we could down the stairs. We started running and running as fast as we could down the street after we got everyone to safety and this huge cloud of rubble was following us, we yelled to the people to shut these enormous concrete sliding doors that went between the buildings and we made it inside just in time to see the doors shut and the pile of rubble crash onto them. The weirdest thing was that the person with me was more like a person 'in' me because our conscience was the same.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member

I've been having vivid dreams for awhile, since before Primal and I honestly feel like I get stuck in REM for too long and wake up unrested because I don't get enough really deep sleep. My dreams usually involve lots of colors, intricate details, music, food that I can actually taste and sometimes even smells. WAY too vivid. I rarely wake rested:-(

In Chinese medicine, too much liver and heart "heat" displaces the "spirit" (aka the mind) at night and lets it roam (dream) too much.I know this is my issue because certain foods (spicy or garlicky) cause it to get even worse!

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

Timothy, if I find myself wandering through horrible restrooms, where there's always some reason I can't go, it usually means that I need to wake up to go to the john, but part of me wants to stay asleep.

I had vivid dreams when I was having ginseng tincture now and then. Nice ones.

I remember being in a quartet, and for some reason we were rehearsing in public, but had no music. We started to improvise a fugue -- and for a long time it worked fine! We just kept making it up and it all fit. Then it slipped a cog and came apart ...

Amazing what one's mind can come up with. A friend of mine just spent some time in Guatemala helping a medical team by working in a kitchen, and she slept on the top bunk, over by the wall since she was afraid of falling off. One night she dreamed she SAW a sound wave moving down her body to her feet -- it was a sine wave, and clearly visible. Later she was awake, and the house was shaking from the Chile earthquake. Amazing that someone's subconscious can make that kind of transformation.

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

This is really interesting. I can definitely say since going primal I've had more lucid dreams where I'm an active participant. I think 4 or 5 in the last 7 months. Before that, the last time I had a lucid dream was *years* ago. Sometimes they're not pleasant but I'm in control and can change things and redirect the dream so I guess that keeps it from being a nightmare. Now that's a good thing! I can also be woken up, go back to sleep and enter the same dream. That's pretty weird!

I don't know if it's biochemical or because I feel like I have more control over my life. Either way, it's pretty cool!

Although if you want to remember all the crazy dreams you have all night a pinch of mugwort in some herbal tea just before you go to bed will do it! :P

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234