Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My primal journal (polos26) :P page

polos26 is offline Senior Member

Cool My primal journal (polos26) :P

Shop Now
    Hi! My name is Jessica

I am fairly new to the forum and to PB. I have been primal since November 2011 and have lost about 10lbs since. I lost about 5 lbs from April to November on CW diet and exercise (clearly a big difference)

My stats:

Height: 5' 1"
    Body fat: 24% (this is according to my handy dandy Tanita home scale)
    Weight: 105.3 (also according to my handy dandy scale)

I should mention that back in April when I started dieting and excercising my body fat was reading at 28%, since going primal it has read anywhere between 19% and today's 24% which has been the highest that I have seen it in a while, the average has been at 22%.

I have plateaued (spelling?) since probably about mid January, which makes me a bit upset since I am not where I want to be yet. I have an obnoxious belly pooch and my arms, even though I have built a considerable amount of muscle there, still don't look shapely due to layer of fat covering my upper arms.

As far as my diet goes, I think I am pretty good aside from little indulgences: tortillas (I am mexican and its hard to give up my tacos!!) popcorn with loads of butter (I can't help it), beer or other alcohol. While I don't indulge on this on a daily basis I do drink on weekends, I have popcorn at least once a week and tacos once every other week. I think this may be what is holding me back so I will make an attempt to cut back in order to reach my goal.

THE GOAL:
    -I live in south Florida, so have a smoking hot body in a bathing suit. (if I look good in a bikini, I should look good in everything else rigth?)

THE TERM:
    -I don't want to brag (I do actually ) but me and my hubby will be traveling to London in July to attend the summer Olympics, I expect we will be taking an embarrassing amount of pictures and I would like to look darn hot for posterity...at least this once

Oh I should also mention that DH is primal also, (since he has no choice but to eat what I cook) he has lost about 20lbs and he is loving it.

Here is my before pic, taken begining of January for the primal challenge. I will update soon.

before.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention my plan. I am trying to 'loosely' do a lean gains approach. So I am fasting in the AM until about 12-1pm. I work out in the mornings 3 times a week so from rising time till my first meal I am taking in about 24g of BCAA's. I belly dance once a week on wednesday evenings. Lunch is usually meat with a salad and dinner meat with 2 veggie sides.

I will post my meals and work out/play the day after.

Feb 28th:

I fasted until about 1:30

Lunch: Sirloin pieces cooked in paprika and home made green salsa with spinach and arugula salad topped with avocado and tomato. Olive oil and lime dressing.

Dinner: I made bacon and tomato lettuce wraps, my own version of a BLT. I made a dressing for it (which totally made the meal) consisting of goat cheese and chipotle, topped the whole thing with avocado. For side dish I made sweet potato "fries" baked in butter and also a side of broccoli.
    blt.jpg

pauldaniel7 is offline Junior Member
    Keep on working hard!!! Try little changes.. make popcorn every other week as well and maybe that will give you a boost.. or try some sprints once a week?

Look forward to seeing the progress!

Insane Grok is offline Senior Member
    welcome and try not to get discouraged, i know its easy to say (i got that way last year) but this is how our bodies are meant to thrive!

little changes could go far, try to limit any corn (alcohol or taco or popped) a little more, that should really help, it maybe that its either stuck in the intestines or its flushing out good gut flora and isn't allowing your body to fully digest your food.

best of luck, this is a great community of people as i'm sure you've seen in other threads, we will help to support you!

Thanks!! It really does help to have people motivating you and holding you accountable.

Feb 29th.

Fasted until 12:45

Lunch: an oversized hamburger pattie (85%) with left over bacon bits, over a bed of lettuce topped with left over goat cheese/chipotle mix and avocado. Side dish was tomatoes in olive oil and yellow zucchini cooked in butter.

Dinner: Pork chop cooked in bacon fat and spanish chorizo. Side dish was sweet potato mash and avocado/cilantro mix spread over red pepper pieces.

Play: one hour belly dancing.

Lunch pic:
    hamburger.jpg

March 1

am workout at gym with heavy weights followed by a 2 minute sprint

Fast until 12:30

Lunch: Ground lamb goulash, side of tomatoes and left over sweet potato mash

Dinner: Beef chunks with red peppers

After dinner indulgence: strawberries with fresh whipped cream, 86% choloate bark with macadamias

Ok, so I have been MIA over the weekend and I was a little bad, lots of stuff going on. but instead of beating up a dead horse I will start fresh.

March 5

Had a little bit of cultured yougurt for breakfast

Lunch: Bunless hamburger with mushrooms, onions, chedar and bacon. Side was brocolli and some cottage cheese.

Dinner: Rotissearie chicken, with spinach and kale salad, burrata mozarella cheese and beets

Insane Grok is offline Senior Member
    sounds like you know how to cook, some good looking food there, will be watching here to get ideas for my kitchen

I LOVE cooking, so yes I am always "inventing" and testing, specially now that the cooking repetoir has expanded from plain grilled chicken, plain grilled veggies and brown rice!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast