Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My primal journal (polos26) :P page 2

polos26 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    March 14

Breakfast: one hardboiled egg (salt, pepper, olive oil)

Lunch: no bun-hamburger topped with mushrooms, onions and bacon. side dish: brocolli and cottage cheese

Dinner: ground beef lettuce wraps with guacamole and green pepper spicy salsa. side dish: roasted poblano pepper stuffed with brie and wrapped in bacon.

Desser was 86% chocolate bark with macadamias

1 hour belly dancing
    Loving my primal life

Ugh, a whole week and no updates to my journal. I have been so busy at work the past couple of weeks and I am running on empty. Looking forward to the weekend, hopefully I can catch up.

March 21

Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs (s&P and olive oil)

Lunch: Flank stake cooked in paprika and other misc spices. Side dish: sautee (in ghee) green peppers and tomatoes

Dinner: I was too tired to cook so I picked up chipotle, barbacoa, green peppers and onion, guac, lettuce and some cheese.

Dessert: 1 square of 86% chocolate and a glass of merlot

1 hour belly dance
    Loving my primal life

March 22

I have been unusually hungry lately. I had been trying IF for breakfast the first weeks but now when i wake up in the morning my stomach is SCREAMING for something

Breakfast: Primal fuel with strawberries

Lunch: rotisserie chicken breast. side dish: lettuce and tomato salad. (bo-ring)

We had a dinner engagement at someones house soooo....

Chicken which was fried in peanut oil (is it allowed?) and it had some home made version of a sweet/sour sauce which I know had sugar in it (!), sauteed shrimp with ground pork in a spicy sauce, the only option for side dish was white rice so I had about a tablespoon of it. Not very primal at all but I had no option

Oh and I had my white wine glass refilled enough times to cause a nice headache this morning.

Back on the wagon!
    Loving my primal life

Another long hiatos, I am terrible at this journal keeping! I am going for an extra push to try and tone up and get rid of the remaining fat so I will try to keep up with this, as it helps.

Monday
    1 hardboiled egg for breakfast, bunless hamburger for lunch with sautee mushrooms and onions, avocado salad.
    dinner was churrasco with home made chimichurri sauce, salad and asparagus.

Tuesday
    AM Crossfit, Primal fuel shake immediately after
    lunch, another bunless burger with mushrooms, onions and bacon, brocolli on the side
    dinner was an experiment. I attempted to make lasagna. I substituted the noodles for zucchini. The flavor was there but the consistency was not. it was still good but I don't think I would call it lasagna! side dish was an avocado/arugula/bacon salad.

2 chocolate squares for dessert.
    Loving my primal life

April 11th.

breakfast: 1 hardboiled egg + 1 slice of bacon

lunch: delicious pork chop cooked in home made salsa verde (yummers!) side salad:avocado, fresh mozarella,grape tomatoes

4:30 pm crossfit,(20 min) followed by primal shake
    5:30 pm belly dancing (45min)

Dinner: Beef stew, grilled asparagus, sliced sweet potatoes cooked with bacon (delish!) and left over "lasagna" from the day before.

late night dessert/snack: coconut milk and chocolate mousse.
    Loving my primal life

April 12th.

Breakfast: IF
    Lunch: Curried ground beef with avocado/tomato/cilantro salad
    Dinner: beef/vegetable soup, 1/2 scottish eggs (I was out and I know this was fried in non primal oils) I also had about 4 bites of chicken quesadilla (flour tortilla, I KNOW!!) 1 pint of beer. I also had popcorn when I got home.

Guess yesterday's evening was my 20%... back on the wagon!

Rest day as far as excercise goes.
    Loving my primal life

Weekends are usually harder for me because I am out a lot. Instead of journaling what I ate I am going to journal on what I had that I wasn't suppossed to. maybe someone will yell at me...

Friday, I was primal all day
    Saturday, went to a fair and there was a stand with good ol' root beer. I broke down and got a mug, it is the first taste of soda that I have since November. At dinner time, I made enchiladas since my hubby loves them and requested them, so the bad ingredient there were the tortillas, all else was primal.
    Sunday...(funday) all hell breaks loose! primal breakfast, for lunch we ended up going to a mexican restaurant and I had more tortillas (2), then dinner at the inlaws. They had primal choices for us but there was also mac n cheese for the kids and I indulged a little bit just because I used to LOVE mac n cheese and last week I was craving it, I wont buy it or make it but since it was there I figured.... I must say it wasn't as good as I remembered it to be.
    Loving my primal life

April 16th

IF till about 1pm
    Lunch: shreded chicken with squash and asparagus cooked in salsa verde. avocado and tomato salad.
    Dinner: home made chicken soup with veggies.

No dessert and no snacks...hoping to break the plateau
    Loving my primal life

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Hey there,

I stumbled upon your journal when I was looking through the success stories in the making - probably should send in my update soon (oops). You seem to be eating a lot of the same foods as me - I have been wrapping everything in lettuce, too. Burgers, taco meat, cajun spiced shrimp - it all lands in a mound of greens and topped with avocado, tomato, cheese (no will power to cut out dairy completely).

The intermittent fasting has sort of come naturally for me, I'm often just not hungry in the morning and then go work out instead (or not ).

I'm a sucker for wine, beer, and cocktails - so that has definitely been in the way of losing the remaining pounds. I'm trying to stick with just wine now and only on 3 days of the week, making me alcohol-free for 4 days per week.

Looking forward to following your progress!

Anna
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Thanks Anna!

You totally sound like my food (and drink) twin. you can kill me with cheese so removing its difficult and I definitely enjoy my wine/beer/cocktails a little too much. Hopefully we can support each other on the way!

April 17th

am Crossfit
    Breakfast: fast
    Lunch: chicken breast and veggies, it was kinda bland not my proudest kitchen moment. avocado salad.
    Dinner: Sauteed Mahi and side of zuccinni with bacon. this was actually really good meal.

No snacks and no dessert. (boooo)
    Loving my primal life

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast