Thread: Forgotten18's Primal Journal page

Forgotten18 is offline Junior Member

Forgotten18's Primal Journal

Primal Fuel

BACKGROUND: I've been attempting to be Primal for about 4-5 months now. I started out doing a very low carb version of the Atkins diet around October 2008 where I lost about 20 lbs. I stumbled onto MDA, and have been trying to become as primal as possible ever since.

PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu approx. 4-5 times a week on the weekdays, Muay Thai

on Tues. and Thurs. and I try to get in about 3 days of weight training a week.

WEIGHT: ~ 177 lbs.

* I was stalled at around 173 for a couple months, and then I shot up a few lbs. which was a little even more discouraging.

GOAL: I'd like to drop down to 160 lbs. I just started training to do MMA and would like to be very lean. My short-term goal however is be be 170 lbs or below by the end of the summer. I believe a 7 lbs loss in a little over 2 months is very feasible.

VICES: I don't drink much alcohol ever (if I do it's low carb such as whiskey), and I'm not a big fruit person, but I do love and I mean LOVE cheese and butter. Not the most primal substances, and as you'll see I try to limit my consumption of both, especially cheese. I also have an addiction to diet soda which I'm trying to kick. Old habits die hard, and I managed to give up the diet soda for a while, however, recently the habit has resurfaced.

Friday 06/25/09

----------------

Weight: 177.6 lbs.

Activity: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Training - 1 hour

Food:

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Forgotten18&Year=2009&Mo nth=5&Day=26

*Note: I was out of butter, so I had to resort to margarine (eccckkk)

Comments/Criticism/Help etc. is all appreciated =)

After review my FitDay logs, it appears as though there is a correlation between butter consumed and no weight-loss/weight increase. This could be totally coincidental, but I'd be interested on hearing some input in regards to how primal butter is.

Yesterday's Food: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Forgotten18&Year=2009&Mo nth=5&Day=27

My weight went down a little, interesting as I had no butter yesterday. Perhaps my theory I spoke about above is true? I'll do what works I guess. =)

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Couldn't get the fitday to load on my computer, but that's ok. It's funny how the body works sometimes, adding this or taking away that, and what changes it will prompt.

Conan Guest

You need to eat more colored stuff - green, red, orange, purple, yellow. Veggies, veggies, veggies, maybe even a little fruit. You can do that and still keep your carbs fairly low.

You also have quite a bit of saturated fat in the diet relative to monounsaturated fat. That's probably from all the cheese. What do your vitamin profiles look like?