Thread: Fairly New and have some questions page

loulou0612 is offline Junior Member

Fairly New and have some questions

I decided to go primal about 3 weeks ago, I am hypothyroid and have had a very difficult time loosing weight and having any energy....I investigated the Primal diet and started about 3 weeks ago and have lost about 7 lbs in 3 weeks..(Seriously after being hypo and loosing a pound a month I was incredibly happy.) But now friends are giving me their two cents worth that all the fat and protein is going to give me heart disease or kidney failure...

Does anyone have any helpful information to combat all the negative out there??

thank you
    Lori

Jiigigaw is offline Senior Member
    If you are looking for something that is packed with information that DESTROYS such things as the Keyes 7 Nation Study (the foundation of the fat-is-bad argument), then I recommend Taubes book, "Good Calorie, Bad Calorie". Of course, Mark covers it in his material, but Taubes covers it, then covers it 18 more times, and hits the studies with clubs for good measure.

In the end, it doesn't matter what family and friends think and/or believe. It is essential for immediate family/friends that you eat with to understand, but others are just extra effort that you will find frustrating. If you are feeling good, they will notice. Your doctor will let you know how your health is, just make sure you request the cholesterol test that differentiates the large, buoyant LDL from the harmful small, dense LDL. I believe that the test is called the "NMR LipoProfile". That is the one I use at least. If you are in good health, and in good mood, your friends and family will have little to say against it.

Alaska Ang is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, I think there will always be more negative out there than not. Read more of the studies and books, so far I've read Primal Blueprint, Wheat Belly and Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf, plus listened to almost all of the podcasts that Robb has on his site. There are a couple featuring Mark, and a great one with Mark and Matt Lalonde. Even if you can't reiterate and convince others of the whys, it will give you the reinforcement you need in your own head. (listen to the podcasts with headphones on and they are literally in you head, LOL) If someone is really interested, I'll go through the details. Otherwise, I just say I feel better and my doctor is fine with what I'm doing. If you're losing weight, that's a great plus and will show.

Insane Grok is offline Senior Member
    a few more links for your less read friends that like to sit and listen to information...

Big Fat Fiasco pt. 1 - YouTube
    big fat fiasco by Tom (fathead)

Science For Smart People - YouTube
    Science for Smart People

Hulu - Fat Head - Watch the full movie now.

youtube anything Gary Taubes, he has very good and long speeches there

research research research....i spent many months before i went primal, then i've been reading up on it ever since, its for life!

plus try not to be like me, i come off as a conspiracy theorist that the government is out to keep us all sick and keep PHx pockets lined with cash....that doesn't help people to listen though, found that out the hard way

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane Grok View Post
    plus try not to be like me, i come off as a conspiracy theorist that the government is out to keep us all sick and keep PHx pockets lined with cash....that doesn't help people to listen though, found that out the hard way
    Yes but that doesn't stop you from being right
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ignore them, do what's best for you, and let your results speak for themselves. There are very few people I talk to about this way of eating, and only if they show an interest or seem receptive to it. I didn't even mention it to my parents for four months... I waited until they were ready to hear what I had to say.