Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **TMI** A Grisly Account of Menstruation **TMI** page

hippie_mama is offline Member

Shop Now

I'm kind of curious about the strange turn my monthly cycle has taken. A lot of women don't have a period while they're losing weight, so when mine started out really light last night, i thought i was in luck! Until this evening, when i was sitting here minding my own business and SPLOOSH! Anime death-by-samurai scene, right in my pants! Seriously, it was that ridiculously gruesome. I wonder if this will be normal thing for me now, or if my uterus is just temporarily insane, but i'd really like to know, because if it is, i'm really going to have to start paying attention so i can schedule around it--this was extreme enough it would have made being in public very, very awkward. wtf, it's like nightmares you have in junior high about your period sneaking up on you at school. Did anyone else have this problem? Is it self-correcting? Sorry for being graphic, but i am slightly horrified by my own body right now.

OrangeGirl is offline Junior Member

I had a similar issue. My period last month was VERY heavy, and I'm usually pretty light, although I am on the Pill (sadly). For example, I began eating primal and my new pack of pills around the first of January. Not even two weeks into to that pill pack, I had a period heavier than a normal period - and I had just barely gotten over the previous one. It was a doozy! It last almost a week. Then I got my "normal" period about a week and a half later, a little earlier than expected, and same flow. So I had two huge periods in one month. I was NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.

I looked into reasons for this phenomenon. Some ladies on the "low carb friends" message board said they had similar issues. I can't explain the science behind it this late at night, but from what I understand, this isn't unheard of.

Of course, if it gets really painful or unbelievably heavy, I would call the doctor .. I did just to let them know what was going on.

Athena is offline Senior Member

Yeah it happened to me every once in awhile. I wouldnt worry but if you start getting pain or it starts happening on a regular basis id see the doc. It might be an ovarian cyst.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

We're all mature adults here, more open than most to the workings of the human body. I think we can drop the whole "TMI! Gross! Warning: female problems!" thing.

Hope it's nothing serious.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member

Ditto on watching out in case it might be a cyst. However, you might just be having an influx of hormones, either from rebalancing out of balance hormones or from a release of hormones that were in stored fat. when you burn stored fat, the toxins that were stored in that fat are loosed into your system too.

I wouldn't worry TOO much, but keep an eye on your cycle and if you're still having issues you might want to talk to the doc about running your hormone levels and/or checking for other causes.

"Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Dagny is offline Member

I'm only a couple of months into being Primal (except for falling off the wagon here and there...) My first period since going primal was kinda like yours, light on the first day, and then the red sea for a couple of days. The second was almost non-existent, I spotted a little for half a day, then nothing. I'm attributing it to hormones changing, just keep track of your cycles and let the doc know if it gets worse.

shastagirl Guest

sometimes it happens like that. i LOL'd pretty hard at the anime samurai reference. ive actually had this happen before too, thankfully while at home also!

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member

I can't complain. Primal eating has done wonders for me. My periods were completely irregular, sometimes skipped months or lasted for three weeks. Now that I'm several months into the plan they come regularly, like clockwork.

Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

stop_hammertime Guest

@primalchild- There are many men who would not agree and that appreciate the warning.

Trust me, women don't care...its the men that care.

Zophie is offline Senior Member

I am having the same thing happen since going primal. The only good thing is I feel like my cramps are lighter and it only lasts 3 days instead of 7.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast