Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: **TMI** A Grisly Account of Menstruation **TMI** page 4

anniegebel Guest

Shop Now

I'm just getting done with my first cycle after beginning PB...I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised at how well my PMSing went! The last few months have been insane with moodiness and exhaustion. I was thrilled to go through a few days of pretty big chocolate cravings, but other than that...nothing.

My period was a little heavier than normal, and seems to be sticking around a few days longer, but other than that...happy, happy me!

misathemeb is offline Member

after a year trying to get my period, i went back on BC 2 weeks ago. i'm trying ortho tri cyclen, so far no side effects other than perfect skin (it completely cleared my face) and nausea (if i don't eat with it, i'm up dry heaving for the next 12 hrs

the burning question is will i get a period when i finish the pack at the end of the month!

Dagny is offline Member

I just finished my second period on PB. It had been about 2 months since my last one (I wasn't worried, there was no way I was preggos.) I had minor cramping on the first day, which I rectified with an anti-inflammatory, heavy flow for one day, light the second, and nothing today. This has to be the best period that I've ever had. I had minor crankiness a few days ago, chocolate cravings like nobody's business the other night, and tender boobies a couple of days ago, that's it.

cyberaly is offline Junior Member

Interesting!

I'm wondering if those on the pill are having a harder time losing weight.

I'm in the 4th week currently. yay. however, this is when i lose the most weight in the month. i don't know if it is the withdrawal of the pill hormones, a "natural" weight fluctuation due to losing tissue, etc., or what.

i feel like its been super easy for me to gain weight since i started, and hella hard to lose it.

misathemeb is offline Member

@cyber i'm just trying to maintain my weight 115lbs at 5'4. i'm actually 10lbs lighter than i was eating kashi foods galore (carb city) a year ago. i don't really buy into the whole "birth control makes you gain weight" argument. sure it may stimulate your appetite but let's be honest, you are in control of what enters your mouth!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

Just finished my first crimson tide on PB, FWIW. It started out fairly light, progressed to slightly heavier, then pretty much suddenly stopped on the 3rd day. It was unheard of for me. Mine usually last 5-6 days and stays relatively medium flow the whole time. What I refer to as my "warning cramps" (I generally only cramp within 24 hrs prior to starting) were a little worse, but the bloating and sense of disgustingness I usually have during that TOM didn't exist. Seriously. I'll happily stay primal for this benefit alone.

"No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

Having no trouble losing weight on the pill here, I dropped 4 lb of the last 7 for me in one week.

"No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

cyberaly is offline Junior Member

lol. darn. can't blame it on the pill.

well, i wouldn't entirely anyway. its just seemed easier in previous low-carb efforts.

i'll keep on keepin on!

hazyjane is offline Senior Member

This thread is such a relief to me! I was a little freaked out about my period, since it's being wacky right now, but it seems to be being wacky in the same way others are reporting!

I've always been very regular with shorter cycles (25-27 days, usually) that are very painful on the first day with IBS and sometimes clots. They usually last 5-6 days with the last day being spotting, basically.

Well, this one is totally different!

I spotted on day 28 and then stopped for a day and spotted one more day. Then I started my period on day 35- completely snuck up on me. No warning cramps and after it started, I had zero cramps/IBS (a miracle!!!) I'm so stoked that I had no pain (I had thought this was impossible after trying everything under the sun over the years without success!)

It started out light and then became a normal flow and the flow has been consistent every day (instead of waxing and waning throughout like usual) except I'm now on day 9 (!!!) and still flowing away and I've had a couple of gushes/clots come in the last few days (that used to only ever happen on days 1 and 2).

Maybe it's just my hormones readjusting (or maybe my uterus is cleaning house, LOL!) I could def. use some hormone adjustment after years of luteal phase defect!!!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member

I think weight gain on the pill can be due to hormonal changes. The pill fools your body into thinking it's pregnant, so you don't ovulate. I don't know about you, but I've been pregnant twice and each time I gained about 7 pounds in the first two days i was pregnant in water weight that stayed with me the whole pregnancy.

I don't think that happens with everybody though... and i was super carb lovie at the time so maybe that was the reason. But just saying, as soon as my body thought it was pregnant... bam, 7 pounds up.

"Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234