Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: **TMI** A Grisly Account of Menstruation **TMI** page 2

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

A friend on mine had a similar experience as she was heading for the menopause. Are you getting to that age?

Hello Kitty is offline Junior Member

With PB, I am much less prone to heavy flooding (always have had enough warning to make it to the bathroom, though). The I-had-better-not-leave-the-house kind of days are now rare and mostly due to paranoia. I still have the problem that a particular day (day 2 usually) will "deliver" 80-90% of the total output for that cycle. Ugh.

Generally TOM has trended a little lighter, and the horrid cramps have been reduced to almost nothing (providing just enough of a twinge to warn me). Also, my schedule is longer. Pre-primal, I had attributed the gradually shorter "months" (25 or 26 days) to normal aging. Now it's a cycle of 31 days or a little longer. I've been primal since June with no other radical changes except diet.

anniegebel Guest

Great post...I've been curious about this too. I haven't had my period yet while being Primal, but it's due in another week or so...so it's good to be aware of the possibilities.

Also...Zophie said lighter cramps...anyone else have differences in PMS symptoms. The past 8 months are my cycle has been connected to really extreme (for me) changes...mood, energy level, food intake. It had gotten tothe point where I was thinking about talking to the doctor. I'm hopeful that the healthy changes I've made for myself with living Primal will have a positive effect on all that. I do have to say that I'm already hopeful that that's happening. This week is usually the week that starts. With ovulation I usually start having cravings and feeling grumpy and that hasn't happened.

Anyone else with symptom differences?

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Hippie Mama, I'd track that for a few months. You haven't been primal that long, right?

Ands as Jo mentioned - what stage of life are you at right not?

Did you have warning cramps or anything?

misathemeb is offline Member

i haven't had a natural period since i've been on PB! however, i'm blaming me going off the pill last april for my wonkiness

hippie_mama is offline Member

Primalchild: like stop_hammertime said, i added the warning for those that wouldn't appreciate being duped into seeing "icky woman stuff" on an otherwise harmless-looking thread (you'd be surprised how many people would be offended), not to insult the collective maturity level of the community

I haven't really paid too much attention to my cycles since my hubby got "fixed" four years ago and we stopped worrying about extra babies. But i *think* this one is starting about a week early--at least i didn't get an extra one in the middle like some, and i'm hoping it won't last extra-long.

I had my usual small warning cramps while at the in-laws', so i was really glad when it ended up being light that first evening. Then there was yesterday's carnage, but i only had light cramping, even during that (part of why it was so surprising), when usually day 1 (and sometimes day 2) can become rather torturous.

I'm only 26, so while menopause wouldn't be *completely* unwelcome, i think it's way early for that (my mom is 46 and showing no signs of being close to that herself).

Today marks exactly 2 weeks of being primal for me, btw

Katt is offline Senior Member

I think that sort of experience happens to most women. Myself included. Been there, done that. It could just be hormonal flux, as some have mentioned. Keep track of it, and if you are worried, or begin noticing other symptoms, check with your doctor.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Hippie Mama, since you've only been primal for 2 weeks, I'd put it down to coincidence. I personally keep track of my cycles just because it can clue you into all kinds of things. Like going Primal coincided with the down-side of your cycle - and remember the really bad carb cravings you had? You can learn tons about your own personal physiology by keeping track of that stuff.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Is it perhaps related to a new exercise program? Have you been doing lots of core work? Don't forget, the uterus is lined with muscle; that's what causes cramps, after all.

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

i got a heavy period completely out of cycle two weeks in as well. don't panic! it should pass.

And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast