Thread: One week in. page

pdxjulie is offline Junior Member

One week in.

Shop Now
    Today is my official once week since starting PB. I weigh in almost daily in the morning just to get an idea of what's going on and why. Just a habit. I seemed to be going down last week, but today I was steady at my pre-PB weight (I'm going for between 15 and 30 lbs of weight loss). My stomach feels flatter, and overall, I am feeling really good!

Some surprises: I've become more regular; really high energy level - even for running/track workouts; sleep seems to be better; less stressed about food - I eat when I'm hungry, I don't count calories, and I don't worry about how long it's been since the last meal.

Some negatives: I don't have much of an appetite (could be good, right?); I'm still getting used to all the fat (bullet-proof coffee made me naseous pretty much all day Saturday); haven't lost weight, but not sure that's bad yet.
    Julie
    (click on the image below to read my blog!)

Height: 5'4"
    Sex: Female

SW (May, 2011): 190 lbs
    Weight when started PB on Feb., 20, 2012: 160 lbs (by reducing stress, getting sleep, limiting processed foods, and working out/running)
    CW: 158
    GW: 130 lbs (?)

Races and results!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Good for you pdxjulie. Just go with what works for you. If you're not hungry, don't eat, and don't fret it:-) I would also try ditching the scale(or at least limit to once a week weigh ins), as this can sometimes have a negative effect. Go with body measurements(i.e. flat belly :-) I usually eat twice a day, and that's plenty for me. Keep up the good work. Free your mind, and your Grok will follow...

pdxjulie is offline Junior Member
    Thanks! I'm not scale-obsessed. My body is really weird as I am really big boned for my height and have an athletic build. Under my fat I have big muscles. It's all in the sizing and measurements for me. But, I'm always curious about the weight so I use the scale.
    Julie
    (click on the image below to read my blog!)

Height: 5'4"
    Sex: Female

SW (May, 2011): 190 lbs
    Weight when started PB on Feb., 20, 2012: 160 lbs (by reducing stress, getting sleep, limiting processed foods, and working out/running)
    CW: 158
    GW: 130 lbs (?)

Races and results!