Thread: Lambs liver, tasty! page

aikidochris is offline Member

Lambs liver, tasty!

Primal Fuel
    Hey chaps, I was never a fan of liver growing up as it was normally way overcooked and too irony for my pallette, however since going primal my tastebuds have rather manned up and its now delicious. I tried a modified version of this recipe last night and I urge everyone to at least give it a go, liver lover or not

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/la...ver_with_64064

Gotta love Raymond!

Changes were; I swapped out potato for sweet potato and had it with cauliflower, broccoli and a few garden peas also just for fun.

The basics:

1. Peel and slice some sweet potato, blanche in boiling water for 30 secs, remove, dry and then fry in brown butter till cooked through.

2. Cook any other veg you might like till done, then fry in butter so it tastes better.

3. Whack the fry pan on, brown some butter, throw the liver in and cook for 3-4 mins till its done to your liking. Remove the liver and deglaze the pan with lemon juice and at the same time add a clove of chopped garlic.

Assemble all elements on the plate and cover with the sauce.

Totally delicious, cheap and good for you!

cwhitson is offline Junior Member
    The link isn't valid...do you have the recipe?

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Mmmy, yummy. After accidentally cooking liver on too high a heat, I discovered I really like crispy liver too

essbeenz is offline Junior Member
    I am on day two of Primal living and having lambs liver for the first time since I was about 11 years old.

Sautee in butter with fresh rosemary, red onion and garlic - served with steamed broccoli and some carrots....then a nice long walk...

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Lambs liver is really good... the only liver I like