Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated page

stevew2023 is offline Junior Member

My wife and I are getting very discouraged. Our energy is low. We are trying to do everything right. We've been spending a small fortune on grass fed beef and organic fruits & veggies, and eating plenty of good fats but we just don't seem to have the energy everyone is talking about. It's been two months now. Maybe this just isn't for us....

Plaid Dad is offline Junior Member

PB isn't just about the food. How is your sleep? Are you getting sufficient sunlight and exercise? Do you consume a lot of caffeine? I found that I needed to cut down drastically on caffeine before my energy evened out, and I need to do something physically strenuous a couple or three times a week or I get draggy. Sounds counter-intuitive, I know - but there it is!

Don't know if any of that applies to your situation, but I thought I'd share my experience just in case.

LeanLioness is offline Junior Member

I agree with Plaid Dad..........

Also, are you eating enough? I found that when I first started with eating low carb, specifically the Atkins plan that I was not eating enough trying to get the weight off faster...........

When I decided that it was not about how fast the weight came off, but how I was feeling I realized that I was not eating enough.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

stevew:

Would you feel like posting a couple of day's worth of sample menus? We're all about helping folks here.

Sleep I am sure I can use more of but I can't go to bed any earlier than 9pm :-)

Exercise is another thing I will get scolded for here. I am a P90X fanatic. I can't stop...

I have actually increased my coffee intake in the afternoons. Something I never used to do.

I eat like a pig. I was told in an earlier post that I was eating too much. Not looking to lose weight. 6'5" 185, 8% bf.

Acmebike is offline Member

Hang in there, stevew2023. Re-read "The Primal Blueprint" in a very detailed fashion. Make a log of your sleep, exercise, and nutritional intake, perhaps journal your moods, make notes day to day! Maybe you can find some answers in there. Hopefully it is something simple, too many apples/too much fruit (plenty big sugar counts in fruit!). Maybe shutting off the TV and computer at an early evening hour and getting more sleep will help. Lots to look into.

AND a decade (two, three, four?) of bad habits and punishment to the human body can't always be erased in two simple months. "We are trying to do everything right..." is a great goal, do some introspection to find any mis-steps.

Acmebike....... almost 5 decades, just turned 49 Saturday :^)

Athena is offline Senior Member

I say stick it out. Sometimes it takes a lot longer for some people to get used to using fat for energy. I felt it pretty much immediately, after the 2nd day.I actually have had issues going to bed because Im too energetic. My fiance has been on it for about 2 weeks and says he still feels tired all the time. I say stick it out, get lots of sun, exercise and sleep and then make a decision.

CrossFix Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

stick it out. After 2 months it most likely has something to do with overall caloric intake. A couple recommendations would be to make sure you eat some food especially fruit after ur p90x workout. Also ur most likely not eating enough. Make a food journal and post it on here. Make sure it is a good sample size... If it's just you that's one thing but if it's you and ur wife on the same diet... It's probably something with the way ur approaching it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast