Page 98 of 150 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 98

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The kilt sounds awesome.

Happy schooldays to you all.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hope the kids enjoyed their first day back to school! And you too! My sister homeschooled her kids, they loved it and did very well.

Is there a link for your kilts? Would love to see them.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is offline Senior Member
    If you look at sportkilt.com you can see them. Much more reasonably priced than a 'real' kilt. DD and I got the Campbell tartan ... They are super comfortable and cool - not made of wool obviously. Those are super expensive!

We just did writing and reading today - we'll add more in tomorrow. I am not feeling at my best today - really irritated throat and a bit dizzy. I watered some of the front yard today and got my compostumbler emptied of all the bits we had stuffed into it for the trip.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Do you have any lemons or limes? Try JudyCr's cure - juice of a lemon/lime, honey, as much chili powder (ancho, cayenne, or other red) as you can stand. Drink it down. Have something in your tummy first. Your throat will feel better instantly. And rest!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Going to try the throat thingy Siobhan - thanks for the tip. Going to get some dinner going and then going to lie down for a little bit until it is ready. Trying to rest but there is so much I need to do at the moment. Hopefully I can be lazy tomorrow afternoon when I am done with school for the day.

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Not feeling too great at the moment. My sore throat is done but I am now to the snotty stuffed head stage. School is on hold and the kids are doing their own educating today. Listening to a historical novel on audio book and playing with lego's - pretty educational for a non school day

We have had a LOT of rain the last few days - flood warnings and flash flood warnings all along the front range and up into the mountains. Some areas have had over 7 inches of rain over night - that is a lot anywhere but in Colorado it is incredible. Needless to say everything is very soggy and it is still raining. Hoping the levels of water in the irrigation ditch don't rise too much as our birds are situated next to it. If necessary we will move them to another spot in cages for a few days. Right now I am thoroughly enjoying not having to water my garden and planters.

Not sure but I feel as though I may have lost a couple of pounds. Hope so. Food is pretty hit and miss at the moment as I am not feeling up to much and so we are eating primal convenience foods - like sausages and eggs, or stew and not much in the way of veg. Some boxed salad here and there and plenty fruit. Not ideal but still ok. I am going to spend the day lying on my bed and if I feel better later I may try some rock painting. We'll see.

It seems we go from one extreme to another here! We are on pre-evacuation alert because of flooding and the river borders our property. Roads have been washed away, mudslides and lakes giving way! Crazy! I have a bag packed and our chickens are in cages in the shed just in case - their coops are right next to the irrigation ditch and I don't want to watch them floating away! BIL and SIL are away and have offered their place for us to stay in if we have to leave. Last year we evacuated for the fire and this year we have record breaking floods. AND, just for good measure I have a really horrid cold and my head is stuffed and I am feeling miserable. In the mood for whining - I just want to be better and rested now. And I really don't want to have to evacuate!! I am going to have to set my alarm to get up and check the water situation on and off all night Doesn't sound like fun. Ah well, hopefully it is all just going to pass us by without any actual drama.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Praying for you love. Be safe and keep us updated.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Well, it seems we are high enough that the flooding isn't affecting us. Whew! We did get a call last night suggesting we evacuate - but after thinking about it we decided to wait and this morning the water is nowhere near our house. DH, however, may not be able to get to his inspections today - so many roads and bridges are flooded! The main North South highway is closed in a few places as well. We were supposed to be going to a dinner and talk by Joel Salatin tonight, but the area where it is being hold may be totally inaccessible. You have to cross two rivers to get there and the roads are all dirt which after the rain we've had might be impassable too. They have had over 21 inches of rain up in the mountain areas!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Praying for you and all those affected. Floods are one of Mother Nature's most awesome spectacles, in the classic sense of the word. The force of water is unbelievable!