Page 97 of 150 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 97

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Met the housesitter - she seems nice and really liked our dog. I can see our pooch is going to be spoiled rotten I am in the throes of packing up for a couple weeks away and a loooonng road trip at the end of it. Got a ton to organize still - I may be able to pop in once I am all settled on the other end, but I somehow doubt it. I am planning on doing a reset once we get back and will be back sometime near the end of the month. Hope you all are well, hopefully I will be a more cheerful person to be around once this craziness is done. Take care all of you ...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Good luck and best wishes, Coll! We will be thinking of you!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Sending good wishes your way, Coll. See you when you get back!

I am back and we are all in one piece despite all the craziness! I am tired and emotionally drained - have eaten a lot of stuff that I don't usually eat, but I am still grain free - no temptation there, it is the sugar that I go to when tired and stressed. Trying to catch up with everything that has been hold for 3 weeks. My heel is excruciatingly painful at the moment - certainly stress related and also a LOT of time on my feet and not enough magnesium and too much sugar. I have a big knot in my calf muscle that I am trying to get to release as that seems to have a direct correlation to my heel pain. All our animals are alive which I am grateful for - the housesitters did ok though they left the place dirty and did some stuff that I expressly asked them not to do. Broken towel rail and no mention of why. Some plants almost dead due to lack of watering a little while ago. I told them they are welcome to the veggies as they ripen but I got back to rotten veg in the fridge and overripe veg in the garden. Nothing earth shattering but rather disappointing. Our backyard is dried out and crispy - the weeds are all going to seed and not a single weed pulled in my gardens that have little seedlings in. I know - I expected too much ... But, I won't be using those particular girls next time (hopefully there isn't a next time or hopefully I have a friend or two who would help out and enjoy it)

Feels like we have been haemorrhaging money for the last month and it doesn't seem to be stopping yet. Had to rent a storage unit to store my folks stuff as we don't have space for it in our place. Going to go through it all again over the next couple of weeks and then we can store it in my sister-in-law's basement. Then it has to wait until we have our heads above water financially before we can ship it to SA. Going to have a big yard sale - some of my folks stuff and a bunch of ours. Too much stuff in this here house at the moment - I need room to breathe

I have really missed being on here - I hope you are all doing well. I will gradually try to get back into everyone's journals. I hope to start over in a few days once things are more normal. Need to cut out all the sugar and get back to some of my yummy recipes. It is very hard to eat well when you don't have anywhere to cook or decent utensils - most of the stuff at my folks place was packed up. Then of course the travelling ... we ate way more lunch meat than I like and hardly any veg, loads of fruit and chocolate.

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

So glad you are back and all in one piece. You have been through quite a major emotional and physical mauling, so don't be hard on yourself. I'm sure you have done the right thing even though it was very hard and you should be very proud of yourself. I wish I lived closer to you or vice versa as I would love to take care of your garden and animals - what fun for me to be able to reap what I did not sow! Anyway, settle back in and let us know how things are going -

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hey Coll, you survived the trip! I hope you can relax at least mentally now
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Thanks Siobhan - it would be fun to live closer to each other. And to know that someone was enjoying munching the produce would be really nice too.... something sad about finding perfectly good produce rotting or overripe. Thanks Candy, I am glad to be done with it and now to try and relax a little before getting started with homeschool. We all need to get back into a routine first - don't want to overload the kids either. I think a visit to the river and lake is in order once my leg/heel is a bit better.

We decided to bring the folks kingsize bed back for ourselves - it is a latex rubber mattress that is an absolute bear to move. It is like trying to carry lead jello that keeps trying to run away from you!! But DH came up with a way to do it that we managed on our own. But I think carrying my end down the stairs to the U-Haul really aggravated my calf and Achilles tendon and I am having a hell of time trying to get it to settle down. I think that rest is probably going to have to be the way to go. So once I am done with my chores/ therapy I am going to park on my new bed and hopefully a day or two of resting it more will help it turn the corner. I have a craft fair coming up in December again and am itching to get painting again so may incorporate that into the rest days. Or maybe some whittling ... though it is a bit hot for sitting outside at the moment! Every day in the 90's at the moment - YUK! I did not enjoy the heat and humidity in the South but now that I am back here I have decided that I just don't do heat at all. Here the heat dries you up in a heart beat and in the South you steam, neither one is remotely nice!!! But if I had to choose I do prefer the dry heat - at least I am not sticky and I don't have to deal with chiggers and fireants either

In the three weeks in the South my feet healed up completely - not a single crack survived the humidity!! I should take a picture of my feet to remember what it is like to not be cracked and bleeding. I think the solution might be to find a cooler, wetter place to move to. I don't mind humidity if it is not hot with it....

The landlord's chickens are now free ranging in our backyard and the other area that is ours ... sigh. I have nothing against chickens free ranging - just not in my yard. That is for my dog and our chickens - I don't want to mix my flock with theirs. Not good practice as far as biological control of disease stuff. So our dog is patrolling the yard for me She would love to get a chicken for a meal and they take one look at her and take off to their area. It seems that Molly will be getting more frequent and urgent potty breaks for the next few days until the chickens have figured out that they are not welcome in my area. Just waiting for one of the multiple predators to take them out. It is sure to happen eventually - it only takes a while before the 'bush telegraph' lets everyone know that there are free meals for the bold.

Listening to some of my favourite music that had to be left behind - lovely. I am headed out to water my crispy yard and talk to my plants ....

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Glad you are back, Coll. One stressor down!

There is no place like home!

Rest that foot!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, my foot is fractionally better - so we spent the day walking around at the Scots-Irish festival that is our favourite family thing to do once a year. No way we were going to miss that - had a blast and while the family watched the jousting (that seems very primal!) I watched the pipe band competition. Got rather wet in the thunderstorm but stuck it out so I could watch 'my' pipe band. I woke up this morning and feel as though I have laryngitis coming on ... time to take some garlic and kefir and silverbiotics etc. Hopefully I can stave this off - kind of typical for me though. I have been running on fumes for ages, and now that everything is slowing down I am getting sick. Sigh ...

DH bought me a sportkilt today a bit of a splurge especially considering how much we have spent lately - but really nice! Now the whole family has kilts. DH and DS match, and DD and I match. Just fun. Also bought myself a cute cap - the family likes it so that is all that matters. I look rather gargantuan in my kilt - but it felt really good and I am not going to look at myself in the mirror so I can't get all down in the dumps about how fat I look. Just go by how I feel and forget how fat I am - in my head I am still the trim and fit young woman. I hope one day I can look like that again. A positive - walking from the festival up to the parking was a pretty stiff slope and it is a couple of thousand feet higher than home. I barely puffed!! Cool! early night for me tonight and hopefully I feel better tomorrow. First day of school for us tomorrow - mmmm, we'll see how that goes.