Page 95 of 142 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 95

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah Sabine, I really think that the stress and Achilles tendonitis or Plantar fasciitis and I am sure many others can be tied to stress levels .... especially if you are not 'doing' anything physically that would usually cause injury...

Wracking my brains trying to think who on earth I could ask to come over every day while I am away to water all my plants!! I have to water most of them every day as the majority of them are in planters (the joys of renting!) There is quite a bit of watering and I am very loathe to ask our landlord. I will ask them to watch our two pet chickens, as there is very little to do there, and we watch their birds when they are away. Maybe if I can't find anyone else I will ask them and then gift them some produce at the end. My squash is all going crazy and I should have green beans and maybe even a few beets.... does that sound reasonable to you? Would you be willing to water someone's plants every day for some produce? Or should I look for someone I can pay, and if so how much is reasonable (I know it varies by area...)
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    FWIW I would definitely be willing to water plants for produce. I would do it for nothing. I don't mean to take a job away from a professional carer, but I am happy to do anything like that for anyone for a couple of weeks or so. But I wouldn't turn down some squash or any other colorful food that was offered.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    WSS, I would totally do,it for free but would certainly not turn down any offered produce .

Great news on the parents! Only one month to go!

Here's the recipe for grainfree mac and cheese: http://candyinwonderland.wordpress.c...no-mac-cheese/ . It is heavy on the dairy, hope that's not a problem!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Thanks for the cyber offers to water my plants and look after my animals I have asked on the homeschool network here and have had a couple promising calls from young folk who would house sit and look after our pooch and chickens.... have also had a strange call from someone who is ready to bring her father with advanced Alzheimer's and move in, despite the fact that this really would not work for them and never mind that it would not be what I am looking for! Pretty desperate I think ...

I am just hanging in with my folks ... thank God the time is passing reasonably quickly! My mom told me today that she hopes that one day she'll be able to look down from her little cloud in heaven and see me going through something only half as tough as what they are going through and she is going to laugh her head off! Obviously it does not compute that they are putting us through an extremely difficult time right now (and the last 8 years) and that the situation they are in is almost entirely due to their own choices ... so sad I am sorry for my two younger brothers in SA who are going to be dealing with their pouting and nonsense soon. As DH says, " they can find the cloud in every silver lining!" My youngest brother has found an awesome sounding little cottage for them in SA, it is only a one bedroom, but it is fully furnished, very nicely maintained and is out in the country in a secure 'compound' surrounded by electric fence. The owners are apparently very friendly and have said that they will provide free wood for the very nice fireplace (winter there and no central heating) which was very kind of them. I have told my brother not to say a word to my folks until we have the place totally set up as I know that they will nit pick it to death and then my poor brothers will be running around like chickens without heads trying to find something else .... It is very hard to go out of your way to try and help and care for them and just have them pouting because it isn't all exactly as they want. Just seems that they are unable to understand how hard it is for us to hand over thousands of dollars that we have scrimped and scraped for, and that DH has worked long hours for, of all the late nights and early mornings and no days off etc. And it delays yet again our ability to buy a home for ourselves ... but you know, it is a worthwhile investment to have them out of our lives and back where they belong and be able to move on ourselves and start building our own family at last.

I have been having a terrible time with getting to sleep at night. Also having a hard time with reflux - if I stop and consciously relax it eases off a little, but it takes two seconds to be as up tight as I was before my deep breathing. I wish I could get on top on how to handle the stress better. I am really not good at this ... ideas anyone? I have been walking barefoot in the dew wet grass, deep breathing, taking cortisol manager, trying to play and laugh with the kids and DH but I find that I have a ball of tension in the pit of my stomach all the time - I am just not always aware of it as I am so used to being like this. (just not as bad usually of course!)

We had an awesome brunch. Steak and breakfast sausage, baked sweet potato fries, roasted zucchini, onion, and baby turnips. It was delicious. Of course this evening I caved to the stress and had icecream (NOT the good kind) and a glass (1 oz) of cordial while DH and I watched a movie. That was relaxing though I know the sugar is not good ... what can I say? I am trying, not doing so good....

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Great news about the cottage, and every day brings them closer. What a tough situation you have been in, and I can't tell you how much I admire you and your DH. To be honest not many people would do what you have done, both of you. It is a shame your parents don't realize how lucky they are to have such a wonderful daughter and son-in-law, but you will be rewarded for being such good people, I know that you will.

I almost caved to ice cream tonight but it was all gone...

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    My mom told me today that she hopes that one day she'll be able to look down from her little cloud in heaven and see me going through something only half as tough as what they are going through and she is going to laugh her head off!
    WTF?!? I can't say I'm impressed with your mom, here. Not cool to criticize someone's parents in their journal, I know, but really! Does she hear what she's saying? You deserve better than this, Coll!

Hmmph!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    WTF?!? I can't say I'm impressed with your mom, here. Not cool to criticize someone's parents in their journal, I know, but really! Does she hear what she's saying? You deserve better than this, Coll!

Hmmph!
    Well, the irony is that you have already gone through plenty of stuff that is probably even more tough, not for me to keep score, but I think your burden is greater. She is not dealing with her own young children right now in addition to parents, for one thing.

You guys are awesome! Thanks for the support - I have been feeling somewhat emotional today for some reason and sometimes I lose perspective and start to believe the crap they are 'telling' me. Trying to just keep counting the days and remember that this too shall pass. Once they are all moved and over the transition I am sure I will be hearing, constantly, how awful my brothers are. Just trying to let it all run off my little oiled ducky back

By the way the cordial we had last night was really nice. It was the Cassis, blackcurrants steeped in brandy and then some raw honey added. A very yummy treat especially knowing that we made it for a fraction of the cost of buying a bottle and that there are no weird additives. I know that alcohol is not the greatest thing - but I think that it is an ok treat occasionally. At this rate it is going to take us a long time to go through it all. We need to make some friends and invite them over to help us use up all our yummy drinks

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Your parents don't deserve the children they have... I hope this month will pass quickly for you and that you can relax and loose the tension once they are gone!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    That cordial sounds amazing! Nice to have something special just for your own pleasure.

Page 95 of 142 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast