Page 91 of 139 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 91

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah Ecks, I actually have a chanter and kitchen pipes that I have been learning on.... I have been feeling a bit stuck at the stage I am at and was wanting someone to help me over the hurdle. But I hadn't thought about looking on youtube for help - great idea. That might just get me past this tough spot... either way I just need to get going again with practicing and make it part of my day again. It is such awesome stress relief.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

DD has been sick for a couple of days but as usual she has thrown it off really fast. DS has done the usual as well, and is totally miserable and kept me up on and off all night!! I am exhausted - thank heavens I don't work outside the home. I would be a zombie today!

I went to the local feedstore and asked if they knew anyone who could temporarily house our bees (secretly hoping they would offer) and they offered their place!!! I am so thrilled! They are really nice folk and have organic gardens, fruit trees etc on a few acres. I did the gardening workshop there just recently and I am hoping this could be the beginning of a friendship. The kids and I are on a list to be called when they need help in the gardens and then eventually we'll benefit from the produce too ...

Ever since I had the food poisoning I get this very uncomfortable feeling in my throat when I eat. It is as if I have eaten way too much and the food is pressing upward, I wonder if I did something with the vomiting? It did feel as though I was pushing my oesophagus up into my mouth for a bit there... Or maybe I am not digesting the food properly ... but I have been drinking lots of kefir, kombucha and eating some good yoghurt too. Anyway, something isn't quite right yet.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    That is reflux - the sphincter at the opening of your stomach may be inflamed and is not closing properly, leading to that feeling that the food is coming back up. Hopefully time will heal it, but it can take awhile for the inflammation to subside.

Of course I am not a doctor, but I used to have the same thing all of the time when I ate grains. I don't miss it!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thanks Siobhan, I had wondered if it was something like that. Horrid feeling and hopefully it will not be long before I am back to normal.

This 'reflux' is the pits!! Breakfast - leftover brat, greek yoghurt with teaspoon honey and a few nuts and raisins. Lunch was another brat and a slice of cheese and I stopped right there as I started to feel really bad ... I still feel bad at 7:50 pm. I am wondering if I should try fasting for a day or two and then start eating carefully after that. I can't keep going like this!!! I feel like I could puke at the drop of a hat and I have never been someone who pukes easily. I even tried a chewable tab for heartburn and reflux but I may as well have danced a jig for all the effect it had. This is so frustrating!! I think I am going to go without tea with cream for a while - the cream (ultra pasteurized is the only stuff available) doesn't seem to be sitting well with me at the moment. On the positive side I am losing weight as I have very little appetite and can't eat much at all. 204 lbs today. No dinner today - I haven't gotten over lunch yet.

Well, I had scrambled eggs and salad for breakfast and it was much better. I think I just need to go slow on the fat and heavy meat at the moment. Feeling much more normal this afternoon! Whew! Just need to stick to the 'lighter' foods. Got chicken soup on the stove right now for lunch for us all. I have some ripe avocado's .. are those considered a heavy food? Mmm, I don't want them to go bad, maybe I'll try a little with lunch and see how it goes. I think i'll have to freeze the rest of the avo's though - no one else eats them.

Spent a chunk of the morning mowing the back yard - got pretty hot, but it felt good to be sweating and the yard looks really nice now. It is snake weather at the moment. I have had a snake encounter every day for the last 4 days! Most of them are garter snakes, but today I almost mowed a different snake - I am wondering if it was a bull snake. I know that none of them are venomous - but having grown up in SA where so many snakes are very dangerous, I always scream and jump and then identify which kind it is There was a garter snake in the shed the other day when I went to put the little hen away in the late afternoon - eek. I mean I am glad they are around and eating the mice etc - but they give me a fright every time.

I have yet to see a rattlesnake here and I have lived in CO for a number of years... I have met a number of venomous snakes in SA including a spitting cobra, a night adder, puff adders etc.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Eek, snakes. At least they are not poisonous but I am so thankful we don't have them at all here.

I LOVE avocados, I cannot believe you have a surplus or that your family won't eat them. I do hope they freeze ok for you. And that you are soon feeling well.

Well, my 'reflux' is gone! Thank heavens! I am still being very cautious about how much and what I eat but I am free of that awful sensation. Whew! Seeing the doc this morning for a follow up on the supplements etc - will be interested in what he thinks. Had a super heavy day yesterday as far as exercise - moved two very heavy chicken coops, cleaned out the one, walked all day until by the evening I felt ill. But a good sleep under my belt and a bunch of homeopathics and I feel fine this morning. Weight is sitting at 203.8 for the last couple of days. So glad to be getting a little trimmer again.

I have been very busy with life lately. KIds both were sick with a cold - not too bad but did mess with my sleep for some time.

I have been doing a lot of work in the yard - cleaned all the old chicken bedding out of the shed and moved it to the garden area where I spread it out under some black plastic (after watering it). Then put fresh straw on top and my three squash plants in their pots on top of all that. IF we are still here next year I will have an awesome area for another garden. If not, (and this I hope!!!) then there is a big patch of lovely soil for the critters to enjoy. DH helped me last night by fencing off the two grapevines as the deer have taken to coming for the salad bar every evening!!

My dad has not been well and is having to go for a heart procedure next week, angiocath and possibly a stent etc. Hopefully it all works out well and doesn't cost tooooo much We are allowed to hope!
    Last edited by Coll; 07-12-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Scrambling to see if we can send the folks to SA in a hurry on emergency travel documents and let them get the medical stuff done there! Please be praying for us - this whole thing could take us all down. Going to call the doc on Monday to see if we can delay the angioplasty etc and make a plan for getting it done in South Africa. An emergency travel document takes 3 weeks to get (?) doesn't seem that quick does it!!!!

Super stressed and struggling today. Trying to keep my perspective and be wise and still caring.

Page 91 of 139 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast