Page 86 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 86

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So like you with the heat thing.

Ok. I forget. What language? So many runnung through my head. It's obviously not Afrikaans!

What gorgeous chickens! At least I think it"s two

Just got hungry. Zucchini, bamboo shoots, and Swiss.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Irish at the moment Then Welsh if I can get the other computer up and running again Two pics of the same bird - different age in both pics so colours change slightly. Like the sound of your food!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Well, good news on the aircon in the car - quick relatively cheap fix and the steering is all set for a little while longer! Next on the list is the brakes and then the window that doesn't work ... the joys of an old vehicle Still better than a monthly payment IMHO. At least for the moment ...

I fell into chocolate today terrible nights sleep is the excuse. I know, it doesn't help at all. Pick myself off and carry on. I am a very light sleeper and DH sometimes is terribly restless. Sometimes I wish we had a spare room with a bed so when he is thrashing around I could just go and sleep somewhere else. Poor guy wakes up exhausted and so do I! I had the pounding heart when I went to bed anyway last night so it was not a good start from the outset ... it feels as though my heart is beating more forcefully than it should and faster than it usually does. Woke up with a pulse rate of 56 which is more normal for me....

Not sure what we'll have for dinner tonight - my tummy is upset by my dive into the chocolate today. Maybe I'll do leftovers and salad.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

So diving into chocolate is a cure for a bad night's sleep? Hmm! I think it might give me a tummy ache!

A bad night's sleep is really yucky. I had a half vegetarian pizza the other night (split it with my son), slept straight through the night, woke up refreshed with no issues at all. Go figure! Last night I had some yummy zucchini with onions and garlic cooked in butter and coconut oil and a bit of cheese and DID not sleep well.

So, what's for dinner tonight?

Irish, yes, I remember now. Fun! Hope you can get your computer organized. Annoying.

One thing, I bet you sleep well tonight!

Ha ha ha, no diving into chocolate is NOT the cure for a bad nights sleep!! And yes it does give me a tummy ache I think I will get a good nights sleep tonight though ...

Today's success story is inspiring (not unusual of course!) DH looked and said, "Man I want to look like that!" At the moment he is just coasting along on my coat tails so to say. It would be really nice if he got totally on board and we could get some momentum going together

Can't get much better than your husband noticing! Now, kids are even more obtuse. When they notice...

Thinking we can get a lot of people on board if we become good examples. It's just that cheese and bread and chocolate. Think how good we could be without them!

Have a great day after a super night's sleep!

I bought myself a grape vine today with some of the money I got for my birthday Got a pot just waiting for it and then to move it into the veggie garden where it should be safe from the predations of deer and bunnies (I hope!)

I just got back from seeing the naturopathic doc. It felt encouraging to have someone more knowledgeable on board. Going to have a bunch of blood tests done to get a baseline and then we'll see. Will probably see him early next week to follow up on the blood test results. He said he thought thyroid may be an issue ...and he is going to recommend a detox - which I really think I need anyway. I am having a hard time talking clearly - can't remember everyday words and feeling very foggy at the moment.

I had a leftover sausage and a BAS for breakfast ... snack was parmesan crisps and San Pellegrino water!

My friend is going through hell - struggling with depression big time... My mom and I have told her she needs to see a doc for help. I am worried she may do something bad ... she is so desperate. We told her that if she needs to she can come and squeeze in here with us until she finds her feet. Just don't do anything crazy - please!!!

I made butter chicken for dinner - family in raptures Except for DS who says it has an aftertaste he doesn't like. But he did eat a few mouthfuls and then we all had artichoke in garlic butter YUMMY dinner!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Can't believe the chicken is 5 1/2! I thought they only lived a couple of years. Beautiful.

I am praying for your friend, I hope something positive happens for her soon. She has you for a friend, that is really good!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Lol Siobhan, she is an old lady chicken with many foibles - Granny chicken now I guess! She has outlived all our other birds by a long shot. And she is little miss personality too - has the cutest 'voice'. Thanks for your prayers - greatly appreciated!

Had some bloodwork done this morning - it will be very interesting to see what comes back from that! I can't remember if or when I had any done in the past - a new baseline that I am sure will be very informative. The doc was very kind and gave me a discount (without my asking) and organized for me to get the bloodwork done through an online order that was about 4 or 5 times cheaper than the regular way. Very helpful indeed. I was expecting to pay at least $40 more than I ended up paying ... grateful for his kindness.

I have been having a lot of fun painting rocks again - such a great outlet for stress and to feel like you are making something that others can enjoy too. My kids love to come and see who the latest characters are and make up stories around them. It is very cute. Am getting daring and going to try doing some that look more realistic too. DS saw my work in progress and declared that 'it is the cutest owl you have painted!' I'll take the praise from him - fun.

Was running around last night spraying my grapevine and other plants that are vulnerable to the bunny and deer populations. So far the spray sure seems to be helping. Just have to remember to put it on regularly, and I probably need to make up another batch so that I don't run out - it takes a week for it to be ready for use. DH is helping me and we are setting up an extended veggie garden that will also accommodate our two chickens for the summer. The sun gets pretty intense here mid summer so this will be shaded in mid afternoon for the chickens. I think that is part of why Amber is so old - I baby them (in a good way!)

So tired all the time - just spend the whole day trying to keep going and get things done when I really would prefer to lie on my bed and sleep or read a book. I wake up tired and just can't seem to get the energy to do much. I did take our dog for a nice walk this morning - just to the lake and back. My heel was pretty sore on the way back and she was down to a panting walk so we are similarly unfit and we both enjoyed it thoroughly. It is SOOOOOO beautiful here at the moment. We have had a reasonably wet spring (for Colorado anyway) and the grass is looking lush and the trees are all fully leafed in, wildflowers popping up everywhere and even the burn scars look better with some green coming up between the skeletons of the trees.

Itching to find out what my blood tests will show ...