Page 85 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 85

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    We can be wimps together, Coll. I love all weather -- except hot. I already have the air-conditioner set up (but not in use) just at the thought of maybe having to sweat!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Yes Pam, we already have our air con running a fair amount - living in an old mobile home there is just no insulation and it gets hot in here when the weather really isn't that hot. We have a whole bank of windows that face south and west so the living/ office/ classroom of the house gets baked. Not conducive to us getting anything done especially in school.

I had a good laugh this evening - I was making some strawberry mousse for dessert. The recipe calls for coconut cream which I don't have and am a little nervous of since my nasty reaction to CO previously. So I thought I would use cream (dairy) instead.... but forgot that the cream is cold (!) of course as soon as I added the gelatin the blender just seized up and I thought it had broken LOL. And I hadn't added the fruit or anything else yet. And at the same time as I have gelled cream DS is stuck half way over the fence with three different pieces of wire poking through his pants and I had to drop it to go and rescue him. I made a valiant attempt at rescuing the mousse - to no avail. We ate it, but rather rubbery and little chunks of solid gelatin! Not bad flavor though so will try it again being careful about temperatures of things being added!

I had a good day today - no chocolate or icecream! Lots of salad and exercise and I am feeling more positive in myself this evening. Maybe it is the break we had! I slept SO well last night. Looking for another one of those tonight! Which I am now realizing it is 22:50 and I am still sitting at the computer and still need to have a shower!! YIKES! Night all!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Strawberry mousse sounds interesting. Think I'll wait for the next batch! Just teasing. Rescueing small things is full of good feelings. Good you were in sight and / or sound. I like your day of no chocolate, no ice cream, good sleep and some movement. Another one today would do wonders for you, yes? Those pounds are going to melt off.

What do you have planned for the summer for the kids? Do they do some school or do you have them take a rest from such things? One of our favorite things was to read like crazy cakes and do tons of drawing along with just hanging!
    Last edited by lopisheep; 05-30-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Yup, the strawberry mousse was a good one to wait on Rather chewy and not enough flavor because of the mess up. DS has needed rescuing a couple times in the last couple of days and both times I was in sight and able to get there quickly. First one was he had gotten to the top of a slide that was too much for him (we haven't been to many play grounds) and he couldn't go forward or backwards. He was clinging to the top bars shaking and scared - poor little guy. He was fine once I got him down He is such a sweet kid - he was all apologetic yesterday when he was all caught in the fence.

We are going to just finish up some work that the kids have not completed yet and then we are going to take the summer off and just do some drawing (going to get a book that a friend artist recommended for going through with kids) and I want to teach them to play the recorder and read music (on a very small scale - I am only learning myself!)

Just had a frittata for breakfast - zucchini, onion and garlic. We have had a wonderful rain this morning! It is a big deal getting good rains here in Colorado and we have just had a lovely couple of hours of rain! I was just thinking yesterday how dry it was getting ... what a treat!

Aunt Flo has pulled in for a visit so I am feeling and looking bloated. The plus side of that is that all of a sudden I lose a bunch of water weight when she moves on ... waiting for that! I have an appointment booked with a naturopathic doctor for 3 June. I am really hoping to get some insight on what is going on in this poor body of mine. I suspect that I may have some hormonal issues along with issues with mercury toxicity etc. I am very interested in what he finds ... just hoping to feel healthy and energetic again. And of course get leaner and healthier.... but that goes without saying doesn't it?

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Sigh, a dear friend called in a terrible state... her husband seems to be mentally ill and has left her and her kid (5 year old) and has shut down their bank account and left her with no money. She is also from SA and doesn't have any work prospects here ... can't leave here and go back to SA because of the child ... no money for gas, rent , power etc. Sounds like he is really out of it at the moment ... not even recognizable as the same guy, acts totally different and just doesn't seem to care ... Poor girl is struggling. She is my one buddy that is paleo and has seen a huge change in her health as a result, as well as losing a LOT of weight. She was really large before hand. I just wish I had tons of money that I could pay for her and her son to come and live here and help her get on her feet again!

Anyway, had apple and cheese for lunch. Salmon and artichoke with butter and salad with feta cheese for dinner. Oh, and about half a cup of roasted salted sunflower seeds in the shell, and 3 squares of 70% chocolate. Still feeling very bloated this evening - I know the sunflower seeds won't help but I figured they were a better bet than all the other things I was eyeing!

Tiring day in school. DS was freaking out because he wasn't 'getting' his math today and DD was having a hard time focusing on the task and as a result she took ages to get the work done. I flopped on my bed this afternoon late and watched 'The Hobbit' and nibbled sunflower seeds. Just tired tonight. Going to head for a shower soon and try to get to bed nice and early (relatively anyway!)

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I'll be praying for your friend. I'm not sure how I would handle a situation like that. Hopefully people will rally around her and keep her afloat until she figures it all out.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

So sorry about your friend. Your trailer could get really crowded. I once had my oldest move in with all three kids and all their stuff. We made makeshift bedrooms in the dining room (2), the basement (1), and the huge upstairs hallway (1). Oh, and their dog. Reminds me of that great story "It Could Always Be Worse." Why can't she take her son to SA? Methinks SA has some unusual laws Really scary for her and her son. Could they stay in your camper? I know, just NOT what you need. Is he a citizen here? Maybe there is some sort of help, but it's probably doubtful -- knowing how mental health care is pretty much everywhere.

Hope your bloat goes away quickly. Thinking of you
    Last edited by lopisheep; 05-30-2013 at 05:20 PM.

The bloat is subsiding gradually ...

It is not the SA laws that are the problem for my friend - her husband and son are US citizens ... her son was born here and was adopted by them shortly after birth. She could leave but not take her son with her and the husband is acting like he needs mental health intervention so he is definitely not an option as caregiver even if she could bring herself to leave him - not ever!

Thanks for the prayers Ecks, she and her son sure need them (hubby too actually)!!! If we had room we would take her in - many states away though - she is in SC. Not sure she can leave the state with her son until all the legal stuff is sorted out with regards to custody etc... Never having been through this I don't know all the in's and out's. Suffice it to say she is in a messy situation.

I had fried eggs and salad for breakfast, couple cups of tea, cheese and apple for lunch and a tiny bit of leftover mince meat (I guess DD got to those leftovers before I did ) Dinner - I have no clue what I am going to make... better go and peruse the freezer and see if there is something that I can just thaw and heat and have with a BAS salad!

Oh, wow. That is hard. I guess she could get her son on her passport once the messy stuff is over and go for a long visit

Glad you're shrinking I was absolutely not hungry tonight so I splurged and had a cup of coffee with half and half instead of dinner. It was so yummy. Not sure it counts as intermittent fasting. Tee hee.

Your summer "schedule" sounds like fun. Love the thought of you having some rain. We could probably send you some from the northwest without missing it too much! Do love my rain.

Was getting into my language CD's today. Did three sessions of 1/2 hour each which means I was doing lots of exercising. Fun stuff. Think June is going to be a good month. My younger son works at the airport and I thought of you when I picked him up today. Well, actually I was thinking of your parents getting on a plane and thinking it would be neat if they could get really excited about it -- kind of like you'd get if you were taking your husband and kids there for a lovely visit.

Sometimes my best meals have been when there didn't seem to be much food around. Makes for great creativity if you're in the mood. Do you kids cook?
    Last edited by lopisheep; 05-30-2013 at 05:31 PM.

I got my Rosetta Stone set up on my 'new' computer which is really fun. Of course I just started over since it has been months since I did any of it. The really nice thing is that this computer copes better and I was able to get it loaded 100% this time including updates So now I just need to figure out the homeschool side of things for the kids. I did my first 30 minute lesson today and may do another this evening because it is just revision. Pleased that I remember as much as I do ... The laptop that we have the other Rosetta Stone on has got a messed up power button and I can't switch it on or off .... going to have to mess with it now that the battery has run down :0 You never know - I may be able to sort it out!

Dinner was burger on lettuce, a few bits of meat and a sausage and veggies, a bowl of berries with cream. Happy tummy... I was kind of hungry after the apple and cheese for lunch.

Our air conditioner in our vehicle has crapped out Always something. Anyway, that is off to the shop tomorrow ... praying that it will not be too expensive!! Air con issues tend to be really pricey - hubby tried the cheap, easy fix already and no change. On the plus side, hubby had a really good month for work so we can afford to fix it, so grateful. I know that air conditioning is not necessary - but I REALLY like it. We don't tolerate heat well at all ... we could far easier do without heat or just minimal heat. We went through a whole winter in Colorado with only turning our heat on twice, we had a little wood stove that we used the rest of the time but that really only heated the living room and diningroom much. Loved it!

Going to have to spend some time painting some rocks over the next few days - got the painting itch that needs scratching. It has been so very windy and gusty today - just miserable to be outside! DS's pet chicken was freaking out with the tarp flapping around so had to bring her into the shed , poor girl was not happy. And she is a really old girl - 5 1/2 years old and as spry as ever. Such a little cutie! mmm, I think I shall have to share a pic - you know me, always the pics.

232323232fp9_9_nu=3235_454_57;_4_8_63a42383_32_246;89264_249ot1lsi[1].jpg

021.jpg

Isn't she a beauty?