Page 84 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 84

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hope you're having an absolutely splendid weekend.

I'm with Siobhan on this one. Especially after hearing about your other girlfriend. If he's on the up and up, he can just tell you whatever it is. He shouldn't be telling you anything really private. You don't have a relationship for that. ecks is just really brave and a guy. Tee hee!

Wow! You fish too. You ARE amazing. Pan fried trout. Yep.
    Last edited by lopisheep; 05-25-2013 at 06:34 AM.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the ladies, just trust your gut feeling on this and defriend him!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Thanks all for your support! We had a lovely weekend away - ate pan fried trout and lots of bacon and eggs

With regards to the 'friend' on facebook - I 'unfriended' him. And I blocked him too so that he can't contact me at all through FB. I know that my other friend had unfriended him and he bugged her until she refriended him. She felt like he was 'stalking' her and I didn't want a repeat of what he did to her. I was raised to be polite above just about anything else and that is a real handicap when this type of situation comes up! I find myself wanting to be polite even though I am feeling super uncomfortable, and as DH said, he is not being polite at all by pushing and being suggestive and yet I want to be polite. Silly!

I shall have to share a few pictures from this weekend - breathtaking natural beauty!! The trout were very shy, only caught two which were devoured in short order. There is still about a foot of snow up there and the lake only recently thawed. The trout were only stocked a few days ago so I think they're still settling in to their new home.

Despite my best efforts I got sunburned. The sun at that altitude is harsh indeed. My poor arms are very irritated right now - I did wear my sunscreen shirt and sun hat and sun block but still got too much. The reflected light is so strong and when you are out for hours in it ... well, you get burned. And I had forgotten the strength of the sun up there the first afternoon and that is where the most of the damage happened.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Hi Coll, I like your journal with your camping fishing and gardening adventures. Inspiring.
    Hope the sunburn fades soon, Annieh

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad to hear of the steps you took with this guy. These manipulative sorts know that decent people are polite and have morals and use those things against them if they can.

Can't wait to see your pics! And hope the sunburn cools fast.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Yep. Well-handled.

Sunburns are no fun. Hopefully, it goes away really really immediately. I wear hats and long pants and shirts in the sun -- having very pale Swedish-Irish skin!

Okay, where are those pictures? BTW, how do you keep warm in your trailer when camping? Do you have propane heaters or...?

Annieh l- glad you enjoy my saga's And thanks Siobhan and Pam - I felt so relieved to have the weirdo off my FB page - I was avoiding going on because I was afraid I would 'bump' into him again and have another awkward interlude! Whew!

Such a lovely sleep last night! Nothing like home after sleeping on a hard bed for the weekend! We don't have heat in the camper - we just bundle up. It was pretty chilly our 2nd night out - but not too bad, only about 36F (outside) I think. I didn't even get into my sleeping bag - just a sheet and a couple of blankets. We tend to get hot rather than cold. My sunburn is pretty much done - it is just the lesions on my arms that are still angry. Aloe gel is REALLY good for settling burn down fast - I swear by it in fact. I was quite pleased as I took some old sheets and sewed them into a bag shape for each of us. They work really well and everyone really liked theirs.

OK - here are some pictures for you all to enjoy vicariously...

DSCN6433.jpg

DSCN6451.jpg

DSCN6446.jpg

I got lots of exercise in the form of walking and standing and squatting. Our camper was parked as far from the bathrooms as you could get at the campgrounds which was nice from one point of view - much more private. But was a bit of a pain when trips to the bathroom needed to happen. The downside of camping at a campground! It is much easier when you are in the wilderness and can 'go' outside without hiking both ways! I am going to head out and do some mowing in a minute here. We had our first harvest from the garden last night - the spinach has exploded and is sooo tender and crisp. I have started buying the prewashed spring herb mix and then just adding odds and ends to that. I know it costs more - but it gets eaten! My version of convenience food - I hate making salad for some reason... I love eating it though.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Gorgeous gorgeous pix.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    So beautiful! And you are one tough woman! Yikes, I would have been freezing.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Not tough Siobhan! I just have always preferred cold weather - you will see the wimp emerge when it gets hot! I start whining and looking for shade while everyone else is still wearing sweaters! I would blame it on my fat but I was like that when I was slim too.

Thanks Annie! I got a good dose of beauty in my bucket this weekend. Just stopped every now and again to soak it in and try to remember the sights and smells and sensations! Off to mow some more this afternoon - the mower ran out of fuel this morning and so I quit and did other things including reading a book and clearing out the camper, dishes and laundry. All that inspiring every day stuff. Some days I get so sick of dishes and laundry!!! Such a thankless job in some ways, though DH is always grateful for clean clothes - good man that!