Page 81 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 81

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hang in there, Coll. You are doing well even though sometimes it is hard to see that for yourself. Drink some of that mead! I remember many years ago making a raspberry cordial that turned out nicely - of course I can't remember at all what I did, but I am sure there are many recipes just a Google away. Of course, raspberry anything is good.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Let's see. You have a husband and two young kids. You teach the kids, feed them all, have a garden, manage to have a mini-brewery, carve branches into beautiful walking sticks and such, have to deal with bunnies and deer, have the exciting but time-consuming stress of trying to get a cabin on a few acres, not to mention the killer stress of your parents -- AND YOU ARE TIRED. Man, I'm tired just thinking about it all. And then there's cleaning, laundry, car issues, getting a shower in, reading a bit.

I think you are doing great! And I love the idea of the toy snakes as "scarecrows." Oh, I forgot the SIL issues. I am proud of you, for what it's worth.

Yep, I'd add a few vegies. Maybe a good salad with some feta cheese with a nice dressing and a few sunflower seeds sprinkled over it. Think Greece -- blue water and white painted everything and good dark glasses and a hat, and then have one of those special drinks you are making. They sound yummy!

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Thanks friends you are kind.

Busy days at the moment! I am sad because I have grown a pant size this last month But, I am not surprised at all. Just starting over again - now, not on Monday or the beginning of the month etc. Today is the day. I only had tea until lunch time today. Lunch was two fried eggs, an avocado, a handful of pecans, an apple and a chunk of lovely Irish cheese, some lettuce as well. I had about 4 pieces of chocolate this afternoon. Artichoke dipped in garlic butter and ground beef stew for dinner.

I have been so tired today - just dragging my wagon all the way. The kids and I are planting a bunch of plants in pots - we can relocate pots if and when we find a place. So I have been doing some reading up on what the different plants require etc. I had donated to arbordayfoundation last year fully anticipating that we would be in our own place by the time the free trees arrived. Ha ha ha! The 10 baby blue spruce and 2 lilacs arrived in the mail today, we will get them all settled in pots tomorrow hopefully. I can see I am going to have to put a bunch of the plants I bought into the veggie garden area where hopefully they will escape the predations of the local herbivores!

I am going to try and get to bed at a better time tonight. I have been getting up just a little earlier - made much easier by the sun rising much earlier. Been going out with my cup of tea and spending time in prayer and quiet. A much better start to my days, I am a potential hermit and with homeschooling I never seem to be able to be on my own for any length of time. At least this way I can breathe deep and be quiet for a little bit before the busy - ness of the day kicks in.

The cordial that I am making is smelling powerful! Just mixed vodka with blackberries and tangelo peel. Give it a shake every day and after a week shake once a week. After 3 months strain and add honey water to taste. Got to wait three months though - boo! The raspberry mead is smelling divine! A few more days and it should be ready for us to start consuming it. Hopefully it will taste good green and not need to be aged! Guess we'll see. So much fun - but it is hard to wait!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Okay, I am immediately going out to buy some mead. I don't think I've seen raspberry but I know there is blueberry. Might have to make a cordial. Sounds fun and even I have room for a jar in my tiny home.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I am sure you have room Siobhan! I have stuff fermenting in all kinds of nooks and crannies! I had a tiny taste of the raspberry mead when stirring it this morning - yummy!!!! Make some mead - it is super easy! Especially if you drink it green. Still easy if you age it - just takes ages before it is ready to drink then. Blueberry mead is my next flavor to try Where do you buy it? I have never drunk mead before I started making it. It is not usually on the drinks list or on the shelves - farmers market?

Off to plant we go!

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Oh this reminds me I bought a bottle of honey mead (Ambrosia) some time ago! Still need to try it. Might do that tonight
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

We have a number of local meaderies here in Maine. It's become fashionable here. One thing we can produce in this climate is honey. When I moved here three years ago there were two that I knew of - now there are at least half a dozen. And lots of hard cider too. And blueberries are also are a local thing. Actually berries of all types grow very well in Maine. We get two raspberry crops, the second being the best.

I was reading some very interesting articles about IF in women. Wondering if this is part of my issue. Am going to start eating three reasonable meals a day, if hungry. Going to try to get back to listening to my body. I really think I need to see a doctor ... maybe in a while, once we are over the hump after all the expenses last month. I have found a naturopathic doc nearby that is also primal/ paleo. I feel like I need help, I think there may be hormonal issues going on. Wondering if my thyroid is functioning properly ...

I am exhausted this evening again. Trying to move and be more active and just feel wiped out. Spent a lot of the day potting various plants and researching what the different plants need as far as pH and type of soil etc. Fun and yet I am so tired I just want to go to bed now. Just warming up some leftovers for dinner - sorry, family.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Hang on in there, Coll. CandyinWonderland listed four good links about IF on my journal thread. Maybe those are what you read. I'm going for the three meals a day too, unless it's a totally natural IF. Stupid of me to spend all morning unable to concentrate and waiting for lunch!! Leftovers once in a while will only have them appreciating you all the more when you cook or prepare something.

Hoping you get a great night's sleep and are able to wake up refreshed and ready for a nice meal!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I was just about to suggest you read the links I posted in Pam's journal, Coll, as I think indeed the way you feel might be related to IF. I knowI felt terrible with IF (only jumping,breakfast and not even longer periods of fasting): tired all the time, emotional, depressed and COLD! Seeing that naturopath is a good idea!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)