Page 80 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 80

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hang on in there, Coll. Stress and your period both at the same time -- man, you've probably just got a heck of a lot of water retention. I would suggest NOT weighing until your parents are on the plane to SA. Think of the stress that you would be able to let go of by doing that. Sometimes, there are just too many things going on. I think your weight will just melt off when they go through security. 80 F is more than any human can take without the ocean or a lake outside with trees and air conditioning inside. Snow. What fun! Make a snowman and have great snowball exercise. That'll put things back in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    Man, life is just tough at the moment!! Exhausted and just feel like there is no end to the hassles at the moment. Weighed in this morning - just had Aunt Flo visiting (she surprised me - the stress brought her on early this month I guess) and my weight was 208.2lbs. Seems I am on a mission trying to get back up to my starting weight. Certainly have not lost a pant size this month. I am barely hanging onto my sanity at the moment. Not doing so well as you may have noticed. It was about 80F the last two days - the trailer heats up fast so we have had to run the airconditioner and then tomorrow night we are supposed to get snow again. good ole spring ....

Coll is offline Senior Member
    You are so right Pam, I can feel this weight on my neck dragging me down .... going to call the folks and see if they are at least working on getting their passports ready. They had expired and since they have green cards they had not renewed them - not like they have money to travel. I have the same problem - all my South African documentation is expired and I need to get it up to date again - I am a dual citizen so I can't travel without both SA and US documents. Anyway, no idea how long it will take for the passport process to happen for them - SA is not the most efficient in those areas (understatement!)

Wonderful surprise this morning - I woke up to find that the kids had decided they wanted to get school done early. So they are already almost done with their work and we haven't had breakfast yet!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Can you tolerate coconut oil? If so, maybe you could make some of Winencandy's Chocolate Hearts. It still gives you a rich, chocolate taste, but you get not as much sugar, and some good fats into you.

So sad about the parking lot. I love the old-fashioned parking 'strips' you see sometimes: two lines of brick for the tires, but low plants or mosses growing between, to allow plenty of water to reach the ground and reduce the heat thrown back up into the air.

Sounds truly exciting to be a dual citizen. U.S. passports are pretty easy to renew quickly. You just pay a bit more. Bummer it's so much harder in S.A. Well, I guess you better get the ball rolling. They won't do it on their own. You can do it all online, right?

The folks are off to get their photos done today - it will take at least 4 months - probably 6 to get the passports back. And no, it can't be done online - the papers etc have to be mailed in and then are sent to SA and have to go through the system there - quite the process! And this does get me really motivated to get ours all squared away soon, before we need them!

Got about 8 inches of very heavy wet snow today. Multiple broken branches on the property, one of which I am eyeing for whittling projects Quite handy when mother nature provides what you can't do on your own - don't think the landlords would be too happy if I just strolled out and cut down some nice sized branches off the trees. But when the snow breaks them everyone is grateful when I 'tidy up'!

Sabine, coconut oil in anything more than miniscule amounts makes me really sick - probably would be good to do that nonetheless, as I would not be able to stuff myself with it, I am very careful with CO after my reaction previously.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

That is an amazing amount of time to renew a passport! I wouldn't believe it if you hadn't told me yourself. I hope you are lucky and the passports come back a lot sooner than expected. That's incredibly inefficient!

Exciting about your snow and wood. Once again, our winters are getting warmer and no snow here. I LIKE snow. Used to live in New York, New Hampshire, and New Mexico. We had snow! I miss it.

Bummer about you and the coconut oil. Sometimes, it seems like good old-fashioned olive oil works best. Too bad it goes toxic at higher heats. Wonder if medium heat is too hot. I'll have to check that out unless someone here knows!?

Wait. So, if your parents went to visit, they'd still need to wait four months. Like say there was a family emergency?

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I love how most people would go "oh shit my tree is destroyed" meanwhile you go "hey! I can use that!".
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I hope you will post some pics when you get the branches whittled. I'm sure they will turn out to be something very interesting!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

We just spent a while cutting the branch down - I foresee a number of walking sticks, a little lumber for furniture (something small like a tiny cabinet for my essential oils ) and then a number of letter openers, knives, wooden 'smasher' for my sauerkraut, etc. We got permission from the landlord to go and cut some other branches in the pasture that broke a couple years ago under a very late heavy snow. Not sure what kind of wood it is but I hope to make some more walking sticks. Maybe I could even sell some at some of the local touristy stores ... not sure how much commission they would charge. Just a thought - a fun one.

What a day! My ex SIL (about a year and a half since the divorce) just found out today that her present husband is cheating on her. Not that I would wish that on anyone!! But she flaunted her affair with this guy in front of my brother for the last few months of their marriage. Now she is devastated - I wonder if she sees the parallel and if it makes her feel a little bad about what she did to my brother .... I do find myself having to really work on my own anger issues about the whole mess as this came up today. I don't hate her - I try to keep relations open as I want to keep contact with my nieces etc. But she is pretty messed up in a myriad of ways and I wish she would get some help.

I am so tired nowadays... just feeling worn out on many levels right now. I wonder if my thyroid is playing up ... I am contemplating going to a naturopathic doctor (once we are over the transmission bill etc) and see if I can get an idea of what else is going on in my body. Just seems to be more than just the food though I know the balance isn't the best at the moment. I mean I haven't had grains in 14+ months - not even a whisper has passed my lips (not knowingly anyway), and even on a bad day my carbs are not super high. Higher than I should have them I know, but nowhere near CW 'normal' levels. I know I don't eat enough veggies - that is probably my biggest problem, and it is worse when I am stressed and just 'surviving'.

I spent quite some time in the garden today - my therapy. The kids and I tried to do a little weeding and figuring out how to protect the seedlings from the eager wildlife. A bunny is in the process of digging under the fence - cheeky little bugger! Cute as can be I know, but there is tons for it to eat all around and hardly anything at all in the garden yet, and there it is still trying to make a tunnel. Time to cook up something spicy and garlicky for the deer and rabbits - homemade deterrant on the way I think. And the robins are feasting on my beet seedlings and the spinach too. I borrowed the kids toy snakes as a temporary fix (hopefully) and I know I am going to be counting and looking at them carefully before I pick them up - would not be funny to grab a live one unexpectedly.

We are trying to figure out if we can swing buying a tiny little cabin up one of the canyons. It is really teeny and I am sure it will be a challenge - but at least it would be our own and we could eventually build something like a straw bale house. It is on a few acres and it is a really pretty area with lots of national forest around and the river flowing nearby. Just a matter of seeing it and trying to find someone who will actually lend us money. Not the easiest thing in the world nowadays ... we pay a lot more on rent than we would have to pay for a mortgage, not a single late payment on anything, great credit score, decent income and no-one is biting! I guess we'll see what this adventure brings us huh?!

I have raspberry mead bubbling on the counter. My other therapy, and this time DH and I are going to try drinking it 'green' - about time we had some of the fruits of our labor. Everything else is happily aging away and we are dying to try some of it. I am on a mission to make some cordials too - fun gifts and if homemade without all the additives I think not too bad of a treat once in a while. We'll have to see if I can come up with something that tastes yummy and is still reasonably healthy.

I have gotten the kids and I into a routine at last and school is going better as a result. Now if I could just dredge up some energy from somewhere I could actually get some things done. I did send off for some forms to start the ball rolling for some long neglected identity documentation that needs sorting out in South Africa.

Taking deep breaths with my folks and their emotional roller coaster, and all the attempts at manipulation etc. Trying to keep an even keel and let it all go. Let it all go running off me like water off a duck's back instead of getting all wound up and angry and resentful. Just wears me out without changing the situation at all. I have been missing reading everyone's journals - I just don't have the time or energy at the moment. It is all I can do to keep stumbling along at the moment ... it is what it is.