Page 79 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 79

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The food co-op here has GT Dave's kombucha on sale this month - unfortunately I have turned into a kombucha snob and I only like the local brew, which is much less sweet and much cleaner tasting. I have, however been choking down GT Dave's because it is half the price of the local right now...can't decide whether that deserves a smiley face or a frown face. I should make my own, but my tiny kitchen in my tiny apartment just can't support any more projects.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Kombucha is best not made in the kitchen actually - it doesn't do well with frying as the fat affects the culture. So a warm closet somewhere where it is not disturbed and doesn't get direct sunshine or breezes is best My favourites are the ginger flavoured ones ( actually pretty much any kombucha especially if it is really fizzy! )

Spent the afternoon with a friend - relatively new one ... ended up talking about a bunch of pretty tough stuff, left me feeling rather fragile afterwards, and yet as though a catharsis of sorts had taken place. Hopefully she doesn't feel as though I puked on her!! But she did ask the questions and when I said it was a long story she said she was game for one ... I really like her. It is always a little scary sharing some of ones skeletons - never know if the other person will be able to cope with the messy stuff...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    It's good to talk to someone about everything. Kind of clears the air, I imagine.

My favorite kombucha is the green one. My younger son made ginger-lemon cookies yesterday. Wow! Real fresh ginger and fresh squeezed lemons, and dates for sweetener, and raw oats. Now, if you're gonna' have a cookie, that's a cookie. Note: I had one:-) I think you would have liked it. Ginger is so yummy.

Hope you have a refreshing night's sleep and an especially lovely day tomorrow.

Aaaah, I have to say that I do love ginger and lemon flavoured goodies I love the tart flavor.

I am afraid I am limping along at best at the moment. Trying very hard not to succumb to manipulation and pity party stuff from my parents. Trying to just let them work through all the emotions without trying to fix it for them - not easy but then I can't fix it so best not to try. A huge energy drain at the moment on so many levels. Trying to figure out possible prices for sending furniture with either a moving company, by sea freight, or just their bare essentials and buy stuff on the other end. Pretty overwhelming... My dad is moping and scaring my mom with his absent mindedness. He is such a big baby and is just in a funk because we are not able to take care of everything for him .... He has been heard to say to my hubby, "When our money runs out, you are going to have a big problem!" And now the ball is back in his court in that we are not going to sacrifice our family to keep them where they want to be.

Unfortunately I am consuming large portions of chocolate in reaction to the stress ... I know it doesn't help anything but I seem to be on a roll at the moment.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

That is incredible stress. I can so feel for you. Too bad they can't move in with one of your brothers there and put the furniture in storage. Then, stuff could be sent little by little when they got a place. A friend of my younger son has been staying here for some time and is now moving back to his dad's in Texas. A 75 pound box cost over 100.00. I mean, furniture sending must be more than one earns in a year.

On the lighter side. Check out ecks' post and those primal bars. There is a bacon bison cranberry one. Might be fun for you and much less expensive than furniture moving. But, heh, chocolate can't be the worst thing in the world for you right now. If it lowers your stress level, it's much better than a zillion other things you could stick in your body!

Any time plan for their move back to SA? April 30th seems like a good day

Thanks for the positive words Pam! I have no problem resisting grains - I am not keen on having terrible stomach aches and upset tummy. Chocolate and I are devoted friends :O

Looks like we may be able to save enough to get them set up by about October, assuming there are no more crisis between now and then ... I wish it could be the end of the month!! Oh bliss! My middle brother did say that my folks could live with him for a while - but he doesn't have much in the way of furniture etc and I don't know that I could put him in a situation like that for months on end! But maybe we could speed the process up slightly if we did something like that - good idea there Pam!! Mmmmm, mind racing and wondering if we could make that work. The sooner the folks are in SA the better - I have the heebie jeebies at the thought of something happening health wise before they leave!!!

Hubby's afternoon job has been postponed so we are all going to go to the lake/ river this afternoon and have a picnic there. Such a beautiful day today - most of the snow is melted or melting very fast. Sun is shining brightly and the air smells so lovely and fresh today!

I had an awesome morning learning how to graft fruit trees!!! I came home from the workshop with two little apple trees that I grafted myself - what a feeling of accomplishment. It seems almost miraculous ... I also saw a tree that was grafted from a tree that was grafted from the tree that Sir Isaac Newton was sitting under when the apple fell and he started thinking about gravity!! Also a tree that was grafted from the one remaining tree that Johnny Appleseed planted!! Amazing to think of the genetic material that is still identical to the original - so much history in a plant. Of course now I want to run around grafting everything I see and no where to plant them either. But the lecturer was confident that I can keep the trees in pots for now until we have our own place. I am going to be on tenter hooks for the next three weeks waiting to see if the grafts took! I want a farm so bad ... just spoke with our landlady today - she said that we can keep staying here until we find a place to buy as long as it is before next May! We are going to be the last renters - looks like she may let us graze some chickens in the pasture next to the house until they turn it into a parking lot. It never ceases to burn like salt in a wound - they have all this water and all this land and they are going to turn that whole pasture into a parking lot for their wedding facility that they are going to make. I just need to get over it...

Just MHO, but I think speeding up the process sounds really good. They need a bed, chairs, and table and could probably share with him for a while. In my experience, if you don't get the ball rolling yourself, if will never roll

Lake and picnic sound wonderful. It's great to get a surprise break like that. My grandson was "sort of sick" last week, so I got to pick him up and take him out to breakfast (he had cottage cheese, bacon, and strawberries at Whole Foods) and bring him home and read tons -- especiallly TIN TIN. He picked out his favorite probiotic drink, and we had a great time. I even played with him with foreign language words and he loved it.

Yes, there's nothing more saddening to me than to see farmland turned into malls and parking lots and subdivisions. I also want to move back to the farm, but I think my husband is just getting more and more stuck here and it might not ever happen So, I get on Farmville past all the obnoxious stuff and grow my grapes and melons and vegetables and stuff. It's my silly!

Oh, yes. Grains. I find, if I am somewhere where there aren't good choices, I just get some fresh fruit and cheese and all is well. I try to keep cheese to a minimum, as it is the yummiest food group () around! I think the analogy would be you and chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    Thanks for the positive words Pam! I have no problem resisting grains - I am not keen on having terrible stomach aches and upset tummy. Chocolate and I are devoted friends :O

Looks like we may be able to save enough to get them set up by about October, assuming there are no more crisis between now and then ... I wish it could be the end of the month!! Oh bliss! My middle brother did say that my folks could live with him for a while - but he doesn't have much in the way of furniture etc and I don't know that I could put him in a situation like that for months on end! But maybe we could speed the process up slightly if we did something like that - good idea there Pam!! Mmmmm, mind racing and wondering if we could make that work. The sooner the folks are in SA the better - I have the heebie jeebies at the thought of something happening health wise before they leave!!!

Hubby's afternoon job has been postponed so we are all going to go to the lake/ river this afternoon and have a picnic there. Such a beautiful day today - most of the snow is melted or melting very fast. Sun is shining brightly and the air smells so lovely and fresh today!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    +1 on the speeding up. I think in these situations it is easy to just let things slide, especially after the first tremendously difficult and emotional discussion. There is kind of a "Whew, that's done" feeling, letting things rest and recover for a bit, and then...it is too easy to let things go. Of course this is none of my business and I don't really know the situation.

Wedding facility? Parking lot? That just breaks my heart...
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Man, life is just tough at the moment!! Exhausted and just feel like there is no end to the hassles at the moment. Weighed in this morning - just had Aunt Flo visiting (she surprised me - the stress brought her on early this month I guess) and my weight was 208.2lbs. Seems I am on a mission trying to get back up to my starting weight. Certainly have not lost a pant size this month. I am barely hanging onto my sanity at the moment. Not doing so well as you may have noticed. It was about 80F the last two days - the trailer heats up fast so we have had to run the airconditioner and then tomorrow night we are supposed to get snow again. good ole spring ....