Page 77 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 77

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad your mom called you back and didn't leave it on a down note. It is rough, but reality just can't be reasoned with. If the money is not there, all the wishing in the world won't make it so.

Yes, ice cream...what a temptress she is.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I am way out of line but I can't help but butt in with some advice. I don't think 1500 calories is enough for you. You are on the tall side, correct? I think you should aim for 1700-1800 a day. Watch your macros carefully. Maybe start out 100g fat, 100g protein, 100g carb. Nice round numbers. You can gradually reduce the carbs down to 80 and perhaps to 50g. But I think that reining in carbs at 100g per day at first will give you results. You will start to feel better for certain. Plus if you are vigilant with the carbs it is harder to overeat as fats and protein just aren't palatable for most people without carbs.

Sorry, you can slap me upside the head if you want. I shouldn't give unsolicited advice. But I want you to succeed!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is offline Senior Member
    No slaps coming from me Siobhan! I love advice as long as I get to choose which bits I follow

I am 5'7" so not particularly tall ... I am pretty muscular under the fat though. I will look at what you suggest though and see how this all pans out. I have to say that 1500 does not feel like overeating, though also not like starving myself. Maybe I should allow for higher days if the 1500 doesn't satisfy me and I feel like I am going to overeat if I don't up my intake....

For today, I am hungry and about to cook lunch for the family. Frying up some eggs and carnitas and burger patties, I don't think I can resist so I think I may just indulge - very primal way to indulge even if it is supposed to be a down day. My poor body is in shock after the way I have been eating and now nothing all morning - lol. Maybe some shock therapy will do me good!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Hubby and his brother and a friend are headed up to Wyoming to try and get another brother out of a snow drift. He delivers mail in rural areas and he and his truck are well and truly stuck. Loaded hubby up with food and water and blankets etc and hopefully they can get in and out safely. Thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. Stranded brother has tried to call the police and towing places, but no-one can get to him at the moment. He is 3 miles away from the nearest house... He is on the police's radar, but no knowing how long until they can get to him. I made sure to put half a pound of butter in Hubby's food That should bring on some great shock if he decides to dig in Everyone else is very CW!

Today I had one fried egg with 3 oz of carnitas on top, salsa and sour cream, half an avocado and a cup of tea with HWC. Then a small handful of macadamias just before dinner, three sausages, lettuce, cucumber, an ounce of cheese and a small apple. My macros were :- Calories 1564 Carbs 41g Fat 123g Protein 75g How on earth do I get my protein up to 100 g?

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

The rescue did not make it through - all the roads are closed due to bad weather and they couldn't get through!! The sheriff managed to get within 2 miles of where he is stranded but had to turn back ... please pray that he will be ok! Thankfully it is not supposed to be super cold tonight - but that is relative when you are sitting in a truck in a snow bank! Supposed to get down to 23F with realfeel of 3F. Pretty surreal, not sure how prepared he is ... he did say he had some food and water so that is good!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Prayers sent that he passed an easy night. I sure hope that they can get him out this morning. God bless our postal carriers.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Blessings to you and all your family! I hope all has turned out well. What an experience! Please let us know the outcome.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Oh no. I do hope all has turned out well. Hope the weather has broken and they are able to get horses or helicopters or something through. How close were your brother and friend able to get? Hoping with daylight, movement has been easier.

Our thoughts are all with all of you for a safe and quick outcome.

Thanks folks for the prayers. BIL got out about 12:30 last night ... someone tried to get him out and got stuck too. They eventually ended up having to send a snow plow to get them both out. He was about 5 miles off the main road and no-one could get any closer than about 2 1/2 miles, and with the wind and depth of snow there was no way he could walk out. Blessings were that he was pretty well prepared and so was not freezing or hungry.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Whew! It's really good to hear a happy ending. So glad to hear that.