Page 76 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 76

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, starting over is great. It shows resiliance, amongst other things -- stubbornness, etc. Yep. I decided to just plug in my new weight each week and just let the starting weight go into the atmosphere and become energy. I like starts! I am really looking forward to the end of the month -- you one size down and wearing your three pair of jeans and me one size down and getting rid of the 40's forever! I have two 38's waiting for me from our local thrift shop!

It is not pathetic to eat the chocolate you don't like. If the really good kind you like had been around, you would have eaten that. You were just making do with what was available. Survival mode! So, I think the trick might be to have the good kind in stock. I mean, if all the foods I allow myself to eat were always around in abundance, I'd be much more likely to stay on target. If I'm out of food, I tend to forage for other stuff!

To reaching our goals and being able to bend in the next size down! Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    I am going to start over tomorrow morning - no rules about how many times you can start out fresh again, thank heavens! I am going to weigh tomorrow and see where I am starting out from again. I am so with you Pam, on losing a pant size - I have gone up in pant sizes the last few months. THat is sooooo depressing! I had just found some really nice jeans that worked well for me and bought three pairs (Walmart jeans) and I have only worn them a couple of times before I had blown up again. I am all kitted out for the lower fat ratios - just need to get there again!

I agree that Afrikaans sounds softer than Dutch ... I will check out the omniglot site, that sounds like it could be helpful. I have carnitas in the fridge - very helpful for meals quick and easy. I only had a couple cups of tea this morning and then had leftover stew for lunch. I also had chocolate (the kind I don't like - how pathetic is that!!??) about 2/3 of a bar. I had an apple and about 2 oz cheese and then had a bowl of carnitas with sour cream and salsa for dinner, another cup of tea with HWC and then some trail mix on the way home from a program at the library. I wasn't hungry for most of that - just eating out of habit, thinking it will make me feel better. Hah, NOT, especially when I put my jeans on and felt uncomfortably restricted - I don't have any bigger pants to go to so I better get my butt in gear and start losing weight again.
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

Coll is offline Senior Member
    So my weight yesterday was 205.4 lbs. I have been taking magnesium supplements for about a week now and it has been very interesting in that it has taken about that long for my crampiness to settle down. I assume that means I was really low, still a hint of precramp feeling sometimes, but much better overall. I have also noticed a big improvement on the regularity side of things - for as long as I can remember that has been an issue for me. No longer! And you are so right Pam, I was foraging - not very successfully.

What a week!! Huge bills on all fronts - taxes, more taxes, transmission repair and more. Thank God hubby has lots of work lined up - and the folks are needing more money too. Just trying to get my head around the fact that we can't have our own place for probably at least another year ... we had been so focused on preparing to move and there were lots of assumptions involved I know. I guess I am kind of grieving that I have to live on someone else property for another year, no planting trees and bushes, no buying a cow, no fixing things that bug us, no painting the dreary interior of the house ... but on the plus side, we can focus on trying to get my folks sorted out and pay off debt. Two really big things. Maybe I won't have to pack up and move yet - that's good right!?

And I really want to get my focus back on getting healthy. The nice weather does make me feel more energetic and interested in getting out and doing some exercise, gardening and walking are lovely on days like today. Our new routine is working pretty well (except today when we had to go to the chiropractor this morning - in the usual school slot!) I couldn't face trying to get the kids going on 'regular' school after doing all our going to town errands at the same time. So they are listening to historical novel audio books and I am calling it good. Bought them both a little cheap travel alarm clock and they can wake up as early as they like now without me having to do it for them. Daughter was up at 5 am today reading and doing the chicken chores Lovely! I usually have to almost drag her out of bed. I am sure the novelty will wear off soon - but it is that much more independence for them and less for me to do... nice.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

Hope you're having a super day! Don't know if you're interested, but Roald Dahl's MATILDA is one of my favorite books and so I noticed the following: Amazon.com has two copies of it in Afrikaans -- around 15.00 and 16.00. Now, if I were a kid (okey, I have a great imagination) and you were my mom (more imagination), I would love to learn Afrikaans by having you read MATILDA to me in Afrikaans. Of course, I am making the crazy assumption you are familiar with the book and love it. If not, then I highly recommend it for you in Afrikaans, English, or both.

Hmmm! Wonder if correct primal foraging is eating a box or sweet, organic strawberries with a side of walnuts! Sigh!
    Last edited by lopisheep; 04-13-2013 at 06:06 PM.
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

Talked to my folks this afternoon - didn't go well at all. We'll see what comes of this - super tough, just feel as though I may have destroyed the very fragile bit of relationship we had ...not much but still better than nothing. Feeling pretty devastated - as I know they are. I had to be very direct with them because they kept on blowing off any gentler approach. Probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

More hugs! Parents are soooooooooooooo hard. Thinking of you and sending you warm thoughts. You are brave. It had to be done.
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

Feeling more normal today. I felt very emotional after talking to my folks. Have had my fair share (and more) of chocolate lately, but have still managed to drop down to 203.2 this morning! A very good thing today - my mom called to tell me that she loves me!! That is not a common occurrence and we ended up having a good talk. They are also feeling very emotional - we all realize that there is a good chance we may not see each other again once they are in SA. Very hard all round. I mean they drive me crazy sometimes, but they are still my parents and I love them dearly too! It has been over 10 years since I was last in SA and now with having to support my folks so much I don't know when we'll be able to take such an expensive trip and still keep supporting them. So much for all my ideas of making sure my kids know my country and culture ... oh well, no knowing what might happen.

breakfast was carnitas with sour cream and salsa, lunch was chicken soup and apple and cheese. We had breakfast sausage and artichoke dipped in garlic butter for dinner. I had a few cups of tea with HWC in today. We have had a wonderful 14 inches of snow and it is falling hard right now again. DH had a fender bender yesterday - thank God not anything serious. Trying to stop and couldn't so slid into a car stopped in front of him. No big damages or any injuries - so thankful! He spends a lot of time on the road and in dangerous situations and I am always praying for his safety.

We had a good day in school today - thank heavens!! Both the kids were done with school before lunch today. We have been listening to Redwall by Brian Jacques. They just LOVED it Daughter came to me with bright eyes this evening and said, " that is the BEST audiobook I have ever heard! I LOVE it!" So cute!

Our dog (a corgi) was hilarious this morning! I sent her out to go potty and then called her to come in - nothing happened. So I thought I would get dressed while I waited for her. Looked out of our bedroom window and there she was under the trampoline. Of course the ground was clear there - but there was this wall of snow all around her and she could barely lift her nose above the snow. Poor pup was looking very uncertain about how to get out! She eventually launched herself and tried to bound through the snow - but corgi legs are just way too short for 14 inches of snow!! She would appear and then vanish again. I had to go and dig a path for her so she can get out there Very entertaining... The snow is pelting down again this evening - we may have between 4 and 8 inches tonight again on top of the 14! I'd say that is a pretty darn good snow for us here esp. after how dry it has been - again am feeling very grateful for the moisture.

I just love your corgi story. Love those dogs. I am sure they exist, but I have yet to see an unhappy corgi. They just always seem to bound about full of humor. I can so picture your corgi in the snow.

Love the Redwall books. Yep. Good choice, Mom

You are so creative. I know you can share your culture with your kids from here. Heck, I have yet to get to Sweden and may never do so (my culture), but I can read about the culture, listen to the language, and study the language on my own. Bet there is lots of culture and food and history and language of SA you can share with them. You could share it with us too, as most of us know only of Mandela and apartheid and such. There are many other things you could tell us about too, I bet:-) Hint! I love learning about people and places.
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Another Redwall fan here! I adore those books and they are so good for children.

Your corgi sounds a lot like my late great Boots. What a character she was! I would love to have another corgi.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Today I am starting 100 days of VLC and going to aim to keep my overall calories at or below 1500 daily. I really want to get established in a good way of eating again. I know it takes a while to get into a routine/ habit. So, my focus is going to be tracking my eating so I know where I am with my intake. I am very good at eating (Never have to worry about me starving myself!!!) and am able to put away a lot of calories without hearing or noticing signals from my body that I have had enough. My 'problem' is that I love fat and have no problem putting a lot of it in my mouth! And then of course you add that to my chocolate addiction and it is the ideal way to gain weight!

I was at 204.4 this morning - yesterday I had a pint of icecream and a bar of milk chocolate - perfect example of high fat high sugar So I feel bloated and nasty this morning - anyone surprised? I decided to try doing a down day up day kind of thing for a while and see how I go with that. I have not fasted a whole day in a very long time - today going to give it a shot. I am going to allow myself dinner if I am feeling weird (all the carbs lately may not help with fasting a whole day ...I may need to ease into this) And then tomorrow I am going to eat 'normally' (not normal for me though!) We'll see if this is something that is helpful for me. I cannot wait for my circumstances to be just right - I have to take charge of my life.

Page 76 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast