Page 73 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 73

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That brought tears to my eyes Siobhan! Thank you so much for your kind words - like water when in a desert! The kids and I had a cry together yesterday - just frustrated and had been snapping at them, just felt awful and so did they. So we all said sorry, cried together and started over. It does feel like everything is imploding! There is something wrong with the steering on our vehicle too that really needs to be looked at soon ... just have to keep breathing and take each day as it comes and not try to sort out tomorrows hassles now. On the positive side I slept the best I have in ages last night. I think I may be detoxing a bit now that I am supplementing regularly with the magnesium - woke up with swollen eyes and everything a little puffy and retained about 2.5lbs yesterday. Of course 2 whole bars of chocolate is not helpful either. But it is all finished and I hope to get the basics right today, VLC, plenty veg and fat and protein otherwise. Will I ever feel really healthy and vibrant again? Seems that no matter what I do there is always something more that needs to be addressed, or that I can't eat, or can't do. Just tired despite such a lovely deep sleep. Going to sit down and listen to my Anuna cd! FANTASTIC choral music from Ireland with incredible harmonizing and stunning voices all blending into audible heaven lovely.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Anuna is a wonderful group! I wish I could sing like that. In many ways it is harder than being a soloist (I'm not one of those either). Enjoy!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

The blending with each other is definitely an art, and many soloists cannot do it... many can of course

The kids and I planted our first veggie seeds today. Hopefully we are not too late with the peas and other cold weather veggies. We all had a blast - the kids got to measure and plant and we talked about what plants need and provide etc. Great fun for all of us.

Took a drive in a rental car today to look at a place that looked intriguing - only to find that the road in is definitely not something you want to drive every day, and you will never make it up that road without a jeep or landrover!! I had some interesting moments in the sedan ... fishtailed my way out of there - thank heavens no snow, just a little mud! We have all our forms into the mortgage lender and we are waiting to hear from him ... so nice to be moving on.

I am feeling decidedly blimpish, frumpish and uncomfortable in my skin and my clothes. DD gave me some of her chocolates that she doesn't like - I of course devoured them, only three little dove chocolates though so much better than I have been doing recently.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I was wondering, how old are your parents? Maybe they are already figuring these things out for themselves? Or do they not know that it has been a financial struggle?

Well, Sabine, it is very hard to tell if the folks understand the financial burden... they are in their late 70's. We have been 'looking after' them since 2005, first they lived with us in a small mobile home for 5 years ( I nearly lost my mind!!) and then they have been living in someone else's old trailer since. Not really a good setup for them or us really... we are going to try skyping with them maybe this weekend and bring up the uncomfortable and thus far, unmentioned, issue of medical expenses. From there we'll see how much they grasp and then possibly on another occasion we will address the issue of relocating them, either to Taiwan (temporarily) or South Africa, or both. I really want to get the whole thing out in the open and get it over with, then it is what it is. Whether they respond well, or not, it will be out and then we can deal with it. I am waiting for a couple of my brothers to get back with me on some details.... Moving someone internationally is no easy thing!! Especially when you have to set them up from scratch again and still keep our own family surviving...

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    You've been going through some really tough stuff since I last was on. I'm impressed how well you are doing in the face of all the difficult decisions. I hope your parents are able to end up in SA with friends, two sons, and health care. Would it be hard for them to get an apartment in SA? April could be a really good month. I'm going for one pant size smaller! I did eat right today, so I get a happy face on the calendar. Just like when the kids were little and we put stickers on everything. My oldest daughter still gets me stickers It's those little things, yes? Have a great Friday and weekend with good food and sleep and hopes for resolving at least parts of issues!

203.8 lbs this morning... about a pound off so that is something. Even with a whole bar of chocolate yesterday! Sigh...

So good to see you back Pam! It is going to be tough to get them set up in SA, but that is our goal. We may have to get them to stay with my brother in Taiwan for 6 months to a year while we try to save like crazy to rent them a place, buy a car, refrigerator, stove, computer etc and send their stuff back too. The cost of living has risen dramatically there as has inflation so it is probably going to be better to (jury is still out on this though) send their furniture from here rather than have them buy it all fresh that side. No craigslist to get free or super cheap furniture there. We hope that we might be able to eventually swing health insurance for them, but even without it there will be access to health care. Unfortunately, that means sitting in lines for 13+ hours at clinics and it is not the best, but it is affordable and will not bankrupt them or us. Our dollars will go a lot further there - but we still have limited resources I have to get over the fact that I can't fix everything for them ...

I will join you, Pam, in aiming for one pant size less this month!! Fried eggs for breakfast and some raw veggies on the side. My first dose of angstrom magnesium this morning ... no side effects yet! Apparently there are no diarrhea side effects because it is absorbed into the tissues so quickly ... very cool. Not the greatest taste - but definitely bearable.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you could introduce your parents to the minimalist lifestyle! That might solve the FURNITURE issue.

Hee hee Sabine! Their health is not good - once they're on the floor it is not easy to get them up again! Just a few basics like a chair each, a simple dining table and chairs, bed, desk ... that kind of stuff. I have tried to encourage them to eat primal and take a hand in their health, but not really working.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Okay. I like that. One pant size down for each of us. Sounds doable, yes?

What do they do with used stuff in SA? Used books, furniture, clothes, etc. Man, I would think shipping furniture would be ridiculous, but then, I am quite minimalist (our dining room, for example, is totally empty -- not sure why -- but no furniture at all. I take it there isn't a Goodwill or Salvation Army or anything like it in SA. Is food expensive there too?

Cool you have a brother in Taiwan. Beautiful place (well, I've never been there, but I've seen some incredible pictures). Does he speak Chinese?