Page 70 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 70

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hallelujah! The new computer arrived today and is set up and running just fine!! I am thrilled to bits

I am feeling slightly better today - less fever but plenty of the other stuff. Crappy stuff Going to go and sit outside for a while as the sun is shining and I need to get out of the house for a little bit. DH is wanting for us to get going with some exercise once we are both over the sickness. This is new for him - he was always of the opinion that you run to get away from something that chases you. But he is no longer working as a carpenter and is feeling the need for movement! I am delighted as it is so much easier to do stuff if you are doing it with someone.

I have gained a couple pounds the last few days - too many cough drops with sugar and loads of tea for my sore throat! Spring is in the air lately and I am itching to get moving again.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Coughing up a lung today, still got a sore throat - I am READY to be done with this darn bug! Feeling really bad if I am up for long. I spent long enough on the computer to realise that we unwittingly bought a computer with windows XP - not too cool. DH is going to have to buy a windows 7 later ... I guess we live and learn. We are just rather computer illiterate and it is like sending the kids out to play in the traffic letting us loose on buying computer bits and pieces!

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry you are all so ill. Hang in there.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Get Better!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hey Coll, hope you're all better by now!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Starting to feel a lot better - thanks for the caring folks Not a nice bug that! Still don't feel 100% - get really tired really quickly, still have a bit of a sore throat, my ears still feel plugged and the sinuses are still productive. I spent most of the last week in bed ... haven't been sick like that for years. And with no exercise and eating covenience style I have gained another 5 lbs leaving me at 199.2lbs this morning!!!! YIKES! So today I am going to ease back into every day life by trying to catch up with some of the mountain of laundry that has accumulated and multiplied unrestrained in the bathroom! And going to try to catch up on dishes and a dirty house - just going to do some of it though because I have to keep sitting down or lying down. Don't want to overdo it - esp as I had a limited amount of sleep last night. Only got to sleep somewhere near two am - my heart was pounding and it was as if I could hear someone running heavy machinery in the distance ... so loud for a while, and of course the post nasal drip (or river really!), sore and dry throat, and the accompanying cough all contributed. But I am able to be about today so that is a definite step in the right direction.

Going to try and get some veg into me today - I haven't felt up to standing up for long enough to prep and cook anything... we'll see.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Coll, what do you use as filler for the heat/cool packs you made for that craft fair?

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you had a bad case of the flu! Take it easy, and give your body time to heal! Big hugs .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear you are better. Take it easy, though, ease back into things.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine I used millet seed - I got a big sack of it from the local feed store for a few bucks. Then I added some herbs - lavender flowers, or thyme, rosemary that kind of thing....

Much better day today - it helped so much that I had a pretty decent nights sleep too. Still tired - bit of an upset tummy today and still get tired easily. Mostly caught up with the laundry and I sat outside for a while and enjoyed the fresh air and having my feet on the cool earth. Even got DD to take her shoes off for a change. DS is a die hard barefooter - cute as pie too. Got to go and get some dinner ready - and am going to try and have another early night tonight. I IF'ed until lunch time today which felt really good, going to try to do the same tomorrow again. Makes for a clearer head and more disciplined eating. For lunch I had an avocado, elk and jalapeno brat (!) a few macadamias, and an apple and a chunk of cheese. I had kefir too to try and settle my gut. Really not feeling up to making dinner but I want a decent meal tonight and DH has been working hard all day and could do with a nice meal to come home to.