Page 68 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 68

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You know, it is so good to read some journals this evening! It is always so encouraging to hear other people's triumphs and trials ... it is easy to feel as though you are alone in your journey and that everyone else is doing just fine.

I am needing to put an end to my wallowing in chocolate bingeing and overeating! Maybe tomorrow will be a good day to get my butt back in gear and start watching my intake and loading up on veggies. I don't have any 'bad' chocolate in the cupboard at the moment so it is a good time to start up again. The old computer is limping along again and hopefully will continue to do so until I can figure out the new one.... I have to figure out how to get the DVD and CD drives moved from the old CPU to the new one ... and then I need to figure out how to reload all the programs that I use .... One step at a time I guess.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    It is good to see you back on the boards, Coll. I'm sorry for all the stresses. Seems like sometimes life just throws you one thing after another, after another.
    And another.

Hang in there, do what you can, and keep looking forward.

And yes, today is a great day to get back in gear. Come back on and let us know how you are going to do it. (Then we can SPLAT you if you don't. )

Well, it seems I typed a whole post on here and then lost it - probably a good thing in a way. Now you don't get all the wingeing and whining and I can just give you all the low down on today.

I IF'ed until lunch time, had a small bowl of leftover beef stroganoff and a boat load of raw veggies dipped in greek yoghurt dip. Later I had a slice of primal chocolate cake (it was DH's birthday a couple days ago - not good!) and that then moved on to a chunk of 60% chocolate (estimate about 6 - 8 pieces. Again not good, but better than a whole bar of milk chocolate!!) I had lots of water to drink (good) kept my tea to 2 cups (good). Dinner was a bratwurst, half an artichoke dipped in garlic butter and a whole sweetpotato baked and very yummy (too many carbs - but they were a healthier source even if the total was way high!) Will try again tomorrow to dump the carb loading that I am doing at the moment. I think part of my problem is that I am constantly tired at the moment - I think it is stress related as I am sleeping reasonably well .... Here's to tomorrow and trying again....

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I often think when I read over my journal, "Who is this person? Did I really write this?" Because it seems like either everything is all perfect or it's all crap. In fact it is all pretty much in between, but that stuff is boring to write about. And I filter things pretty thoroughly also.

Those nasty carbs don't just creep up, they whomp you over the head!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

You are so right about the carbs! There are no half measures with them in my book! EIther I have waaaaayyyyy too much or I have hardly any - no middle ground. And if I can keep them low I don't want them either which of course is half the battle anyway. It is all in my head - guess I have a sick head.

So, today I am hoping to drink mostly herbal teas this morning and then have a lot of veg at lunch with maybe an egg and leftover sausage. Going to try to drink a lot today - I did well with that yesterday too. Something didn't agree with me yesterday - felt very bloated and gassy last night. I think my tummy could be very grateful for a respite. Hoping to work on my mocassins today - I got part way with the trial pair and realised that my pattern needed some serious tweaking, and then everything got busy and crazy stressful. I have (hopefully!) this weekend to get going with them again and who knows, maybe even get them finished! I REALLY need them .... but no-one else is going to make them for me. Not having to do school should leave me with plenty energy to get these going

I may do salmon for dinner - on the grill, tastes so good... Oh well, time to get going with my day, all the best to all of us...

That was one of the qualities for a good wife with the Plains Indians: could she turn out enough quality moccasins to keep her man supplied.

Well, the mocassins are started and I must say that the leather is very nice to work with, buttery soft and smells divine. Of course pushing a needle through three layers just sees the needle bending alarmingly! So I am having to make the hole with an awl and then push the needle through. Time consuming but I think it is going to be worth it once they are done.... I decided to just make a very simple pair for the first try and I have loads of leather left over to make the rest of the family a pair each too DS is very excited and keeps coming over to check how I am progressing ....

I decided that since the chocolate monster has me pinned on the floor at the moment I am going to just stop wrestling with it!!!! I am taking a time out and am going to fast all chocolate and sugar until a week after Easter! Easter and the time leading up to it are never a good time for me as some of my old favourites are being waved under my nose in every store I go to!! It is just better that I don't touch the stuff for a while!! Just the other day I bought two big bags of those little candy covered solid chocolate eggs .... fatal! I finished them both in just over a day (and felt absolutely horrible on all levels - including gastric distress!!)

So as of today - no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The chocolate monster can go and wrestle with someone else now and I am going to sit on the bench and eat lots of veg and meat and fat

Aunt Flo just arrived today - she is very good at helping the chocolate monster and I am done with her games too. Despite being right at the most bloated time of my month I had still lost a little weight yesterday after eating lots of veg dipped in greek yoghurt It is a most yummy way to fill up when I have the munchies and even though I am 'overeating' at least it is good for me in a lot of ways. Just doing damage control at the moment - I have zero self discipline right now so am just trying eat the good stuff when I eat. Hopefully going cold turkey on the chocolate will see me back to normal in a few days. I just feel pretty out of control at the moment ....

I have just gotten myself some good astaxanthin, some maca root and some zinc to add to my arsenal. I am going to add them one at a time and see if I can see any changes. I know that each one takes time to show improvements ... my barometer is my skin .... if I see improvements there then I know for sure that it is helping. Maybe I should try to get some pictures of my skin to have an unbiased comparison....

Today I am putting together primal food for my DH for his road trip to SC. Cooking up sausages, boiled eggs, loads of veggie chunks with the chili dip (he is an avid fan), a gallon of raw milk, half and half for his coffee, 85% chocolate, trail mix, fruit and cheese, and some turkey sticks. The kids and I are going to clean and organize the truck this afternoon. All applewood from the bed relocated next to the firepit ... imparts a very nice flavour to the meat!!!!!! Mmmmm, maybe I should offer to prune the landlords apple trees .... in exchange for a load of apples next year and the wood trimmings now? Most of the apples stayed on the trees until they fell off - such a waste!!!

Today I boiled 30 eggs to make into devilled eggs for my jaunt this weekend, plus extras for the family. I wish I were as lucky as your husband, to have someone do it for me!

Hi folks, been very busy lately, and tired. I started taking astaxanthin, maca root and zinc. I think the zinc was too much - yesterday morning I felt super weird after having my breakfast and supplements, got a dry mouth and lightheaded and then some gut repercussions. I think I might just take the zinc every few days for now. I am working on the moccassins, but it is slow going, mostly because it is my first pair and I am trying to tweak things as I go along. Noticed that the section around my toes is too loose and so need to redo the sewing there before I go any further. I have to pierce the leather with an awl first and then send the needle and sinew through. A rather painstaking process .... but fun.

I spent about 30 minutes this morning wandering around the backyard trying to figure out who was hunting the bunny last night ... track book in hand and camera and ruler to measure. It was a lot of fun, I decided on a red fox in the end - though there is always the possibility I got it wrong There was just about 1/2" of snow which fell during the night which made it easier - otherwise I would have had no idea there was a high speed chase in our backyard last night. There are some great horned owls nesting somewhere close by, I hear them calling to each other as I fall asleep at night.... such an awesome sound. I want to take the kids and see if we can figure out which tree is theirs. We have a whole row of cottonwoods along the irrigation ditch and I suspect it maybe in those. Of course they are notoriously hard to see ....

My eating has been going a bit better - still eating too much I think, but chocolate has been banished and despite the temptation I have managed to ignore the monster trying to get me into that dead end wrestling match .... phew! I have dropped a couple pounds but need to lose about 5 to get back to where I was. Oh well, the ups and downs of the journey I guess. I do feel better now that I am done gorging on chocolate! Such a destructive behaviour - and yet I keep going back to it, my default when things are stressful etc. Hoping to keep working on the good habits instead now.

DH is in his final few hours of driving to SC, I am going to be really happy when I get the call that he is there in one piece. And then tomorrow I have to negotiate the city traffic to go and pick him up at the airport. I am such a country bumpkin that this is a big deal for me. I hate the high volume of traffic and the aggressive driving ... but I will white knuckle through it for my honey! Going to set the kids up with a movie in the backseat so that I have less distractions from that angle. And then he gets to drive us home....

Kids want to make valentine's cupcakes for daddy so we'll make some primal treats for them all, I will have a little too. Useless pretending I won't, but will try to keep it to a reasonable amount! We are not used to being separated - the kids were sad that daddy wasn't here on valentine's day, but they are thrilled to be able to surprise daddy with cards and treats so it all works out in the end. I am blessed with a wonderful husband and marriage - I can't imagine being married to someone who is always gone on business trips... I think God knew that it would not be a good fit for me. I just love spending time with DH and we can talk the hindlegs off a herd of donkeys I have a couple of friends whose husbands are away for weeks and months at a time and then home for a few days or weeks and off again. I can't conceive of a life like that - but they seem perfectly happy. Just wouldn't like to trade places I guess! I like having my honey home every day ....

Today I am down to 194 lbs (again). I am feeling tempted to just graze so am warming up some leftover stew from the other night instead, and eating a lovely crunchy red bell pepper while it warms up! I was sad to see how my mobility has deteriorated - I cannot get up off the floor without using a hand or knee to get me up. Not a good sign and I really want to work on getting healthier and stronger. I just feel like I am not getting anywhere - probably because I am not going anywhere. Oh well, going to try again today. No giving up, just sucking it up instead and keep on trying.