Page 67 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 67

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Get better soon!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    So sorry to hear you are in pain! {{{{Healing vibes}}}}}
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Well, I am MUCH better today, nothing like a day flat on your back in bed and then a visit to the Chiropractor to set it all to rights. Feel like a new person again today ... going to keep going with the stretches that I have been slacking on lately. They really helped to ease the spasm and I remembered all over again how helpful they were when my back was troubling me a lot.

So back to school today. The kids actually did school yesterday though without mommy helping them stay focused they did take pretty much all day. We went for a nice 30 minute walk yesterday when we got back from the chiropractor because I was feeling so much better and we wanted to enjoy the gorgeous weather! It has been feeling like spring the last few days - fantastic for getting outside and getting some fresh air and exercise.

Fasting until lunch when i am planning on having cauliflower fried rice ... DD will be thrilled too, DS won't be... but then I am never surprised when he doesn't like the food I make.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

ecks is offline Senior Member
    What else is for lunch? Mmm... cauliflower rice is one of my faves!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Reminds me to pick up a cauliflower. Time for mashed 'potatoes' and another steak. Nothing picks me up like steak. Maybe I was a cow in another life.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Coll, how's your back now?
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

I had mashed cauliflower for lunch and thought of you! Maybe will fry up the rest of it, that is one of my favorite meals.

Hi all, I am doing ok, back is a thing of the past for now. Been having computer trouble - I have a 'new' CPU on the way. This one is over 7 years old and really is ancient! It even has a grey beard like Noah

I have, as a result, not been plugging in my eating to fitday and actually have been having quite the little chocolate binge again (not doing well with my eating at all - no grains, but too much and higher carbs)

I have been struggling with stress over buying a place ... trying to keep my perspective but it is tough some days. The constant weighing of alternatives and trying to decide which negatives are less of an issue than others, which positives outweigh others, and how on earth we are going to afford it and still look after my folks who are requiring financial help pretty regularly... that just eats into any attempt to save up a down payment too. Trying to let it go for a few days and get my head straight again. Have bounced back to my default weight - 192lbs. Not at all surprised there! I am so tired of the yo-yo but I know that it is my own fault. Just got to 'grow up' I know - but not that easy to do.

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Computer troubles continue ... crazy busy looking for houses and trying to do everything else. Going to be getting a 'new' computer soon, hopefully that will make it easier to get on here and get back into the journalling and also the tracking of intake etc. Haven't forgotten about you all, I really miss reading everyone's journals but hopefully not too much longer until I am up and running again.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I need to get someone to help me set up the 'new' computer for me! PRetty tech challenged I am afraid. But aside from that - I have gained back some pounds lately (not surprised) and am now facing having to lose it all again. I am seriously thinking about signing up for the e-mail support to help me over this million mile plateau I have been on for months and months! On the 11th Feb I will have been primal for a year. Incredible to think how different our eating is now ... I really think I could do with some help on getting moving on weight loss again. What do you guys think? If anyone is reading this still - it has been rather quiet on my part lately. Life is crazy ...

Very stressful times at the moment. My folks van engine blew up yesterday and so we are scrambling to try and help them figure out what to do, and since the Rand Dollar exchange rate is about 1:9 they are in dire need of financial help too, groceries and a vehicle so they can keep on living until we can move them (with what money?!) out here into the house we are going to buy (with what!?) that will accomodate us all! Trying not to get all wound up and actually slept amazingly well last night, despite the upheavals going on. I was wiped out since the night before DS had a number of nightmares and I was up on and off through the early hours of the morning...

I wonder if I am fighting off a cold or flu - just not feeling quite myself. Super thirsty today - drank loads of water. My tea just wasn't as nice as it usually is ... maybe a little touch of carb flu after eating a lot more carbs than I am used to lately? Really tired at the moment... Going to try and be more intentional tomorrow with what goes in as fuel. Not feeling too great as I am back up at 195lbs again. I no longer have as many fat clothes because I got rid of a number of pants that were way too big ... in a way this is good. Better to be uncomfortable and in the real world .... not sliding into the next size up and pretending that all is well. I am just so tired and frazzled lately that it is hard to keep my focus and remember that chocolate does not provide the energy I need and that eating too much food does not make anything better. So hard to keep a grip on those things when everything is out of control and stressful. Deep breath and I will just keep on trying...