Page 64 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 64

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Thanks phigment Now to keep going and really start dropping the weight off. I want my size 16's to be too big!!!!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

I weighed in at 187.4 this morning

I ate well yesterday ... lots of veggies and meat and fat. Busy making burgers for lunch and going to eat them on a bed of sauteed cabbage. Off house hunting this afternoon .... long hours on the road today. Got 4 different places to give a once over and see if any are close to what we are looking for. Can't qualify for a loan until early Feb but we are trying to get a feel for what is out there and which areas are good for what we need.

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Pretty good day overall.

We drove all afternoon looking at properties. Those were just 4 different places within the same area. Stressful and yet fun too. Inbetween wondering if we are going to be able to afford to buy anything here!

I had an apple and chunk of cheese while on the road. Dinner was a big bowl of salad and a burger patty. And a piece of 70% chocolate with orange flavouring - nice, but not addictive (thank heavens!!) We are going to have a mug of turmeric tea in a bit and then it is off to bed for me.

My macros seem pretty good to me :-
    Calories 1557
    Fat 109 g
    Carbs 51 g
    Protein 92.4 g

This is the best I could do - how on earth do you measure what you have in a salad?! I just figure it is all good and don't worry about trying to figure out how much of each individual ingredient I get - too fussy for me! I just figure out the dressing and odd bits like blue cheese or nuts that I may add, since those add up quickly.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Mead...yeah...need to get me some mead...

I have the same hair thing going on! After I went primal/low carb I had significant hair loss, which was really scary but apparently normal. Now it's all growing in and I have so many little short hairs that I actually sprang for a kind-of-expensive hairspray to tame them down. (Catwalk - great stuff) I have dreams of a thick head of hair, which probably won't happen, but a decent head of hair is perfectly okay too. At my age I am not going to complain as long as I actually have hair.
    Same here, lost a lot of hair after going paleo/primal; but I went to the hairdresser last week and she said I had very fine but LOTS of hair, so it's finally getting better .

Happy Newyear Coll! Looks like the new year has started well for you! Good luck on your goals this year .
    Last edited by Candy in Wonderland; 01-07-2013 at 05:30 AM.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Thanks Candy I am feeling good at the moment -hopefully I can keep my momentum up and my eyes on the goals I have instead of getting kyboshed by sugar along the way! Right now I am doing pretty well with the sugar thing, but I know I need to stay off it or it'll suck me dry and spit me out!!! The sugar demon - nasty thing that!

Fortunately I have always had very thick hair so the amount I have lost has not left me balding!! I was at the hairdresser recently too and she was commenting on how healthy my hair was, particularly as my hair is so long. I was encouraged by that.
    I have thought about trying to go poo-less, but I am not ready to try that yet. I think I need to get moved and settled before I try something like that ... dunno why but it sounds daunting to have to deal with nasty locks for a while. My hair is one of the few things that I feel looks good on me and the thought of that looking all stringy and oily just doesn't sound like a good idea at the moment.

Breakfast:_ Cup of tea with cream and stevia
    Lunch: BAS and burger patty with cheese and another cup of black tea with cream and stevia. 3 pieces of 85% chocolate.
    Dinner: Spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce (made with grass fed beef, and ground elk - a friend blessed us with some deer and elk meat!) Everyone chowed down and I made enough to freeze at least 4 meals for lazy days. I have one more spaghetti squash left from our garden this year ...
    DH and I will have our turmeric tea in a little while. Exercise is not happening yet But I am doing plenty around the house what with laundry, cooking and cleaning and chicken chores... We are thinking of getting a storage unit so that I can pack up the stuff that we don't need at the moment and start moving things out without the pressure of closing dates etc. Will also make it easier to keep it clean and tidy for when the landlord starts bringing people around to see the place. Not looking forward to that. I am hoping that the snow and ice are going to melt off completely the next few days as the weather is supposed to warm up a bit. There are bits and pieces of tools and toys that are embedded in snow and ice and I want to get them out before the next snow storm hits!

DD is so fragile at the moment. I think the impending move and looking for a home and missing her old buddies is all compounding to make her miserable at the moment (and a touch of cabin fever!) Hopefully we can get out for a walk tomorrow - DS fell today and twisted his ankle/ foot so he was hobbling around for most of the day. We were supposed to go for a walk today and when that didn't work out there were tears.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I tried going poo-less and I am somewhat embarrassed to say that I am just too much of a girly girl - I missed washing my hair. I just like the lotions and potions. My hair actually looked okay - I rinsed it every day and it didn't look greasy. But...but...I just like shampooing my hair. I have, however, stuck with making my own toothpaste.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I did go poo-less, then over the holidays was using (SLS-, paraben- & fragrance-free) shampoo again. I've gone poo-less again this weekend. I "wash" my hair with sodium bicarbonate mixed with a little water, let that sit for a minute and rinse thoroughly. Then I rinse it with 2 cups of water with a few tablespoons of ACV, let that sit a few minutes and then rinse well again, until I don't smell like vinaigrette anymore . The ACV makes the hair really soft and shiny, I used that instead of conditioner when using shampoo too!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I tried going poo-less
    I read this and thought to myself 2 things... 1. HOW is this even possible, and 2. WHY would you want to.... and realized you were talking sham-POO....... I can be soooo dense some days! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    i read this and thought to myself 2 things... 1. How is this even possible, and 2. Why would you want to.... And realized you were talking sham-poo....... I can be soooo dense some days! Lol
    rofl!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh my gosh, 679, that is TOO funny! Heeheehee!