Page 59 of 147 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 59

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Tough day today. Kids were 'deaf' and 'tired' and unmotivated today - wow, I really had to work on not losing it more than once today! Just barely managed, though my voice was a little raised for a while. Just one of those days where you can't wait for the kids to be in bed and to have a minute to yourself and catch your breath!!! Of course that is the day that hubby works late and had to help out with BIL and SIL as well. Kids got to bed late too, as I was trying to cook dinner and then DD spilled her rooibos tea, the whole mug, across the table and all over the carpet (I HATE carpet in a dining room!! Especially with young kids!!!) So first we had the tears and then the cleanup and then DH and I ate and then got the kids to be and then some more cleanup. I really would like to down a slab of chocolate right now!! But I am not going to!

Breakfast: tea with cream and stevia
    Snack: tea with cream and stevia
    Lunch" Sauteed cabbage, zucchini, onion and garlic with leftover sausage cut up into it and then some green curry paste mixed in... rather yummy, I had too much. Mostly veggies so hopefully not too much damage. 1 piece of 85% chocolate.
    Snack: couple handfuls of pistachios (in the shell) and a piece of butter 'fudge' (no carbs)
    Dinner: Ribeye steak (I just was craving some meat that wasn't pork!) with fried mushrooms and onion on top, artichoke with garlic butter. Yummy, now to hold off on eating anymore.... got the stress related munchies!

Can't get tickerfactory to work to edit my ticker... AND I can't make a new one either! Tried yesterday and today - no go. Might as well dump it I guess. More in my life to worry about than a ticker that doesn't work

My back and neck are playing up at the moment. Chiropractor is upping their fees and I am thinking of looking for a different chiro. As nice as they are - it still feels as though we are paying their mortgage for them. Need to see if another woman would be willing to give me a massage as the massage rates are jumping too. If you sign on for thousands of dollars of prepaid adjustments and massages it is way 'cheaper'. We really want to get out of debt - not sign up for more and more!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

So I went to myfitnesspal and made my own ticker I like it a lot more. I keep cruising the kitchen as if I am ready to start peeking in cupboards and digging for goodies. I am not going to get anything else now ... you all are my witnesses and get to toss stink bombs my way if I do!!

My macros for today ... basically I ate too much, but I knew that. Overall calories - 1633. Fat -140g. Carbohydrates - 26 g. Protein - 62 g. Not off by much though according to what I supposedly need metabolically. Now I need to head for bed. Just pooped this evening. Better to go and sleep instead of 'fighting' off the munchies.... we'll see what the scale verdict is in the morning too. I ordered a new scale today - just tired of not really knowing if the scale is working properly ... I have to get on and off it a few times until I get more than one reading that correlates with a previous one. Just thought it would be nice to have an accurate idea of what is going on in my body. Our present scale is ancient and rather temperamental Well, good night all, sleep tight on this lovely chilly night. PERFECT sleeping weather.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I still have those extra eggs left over from Judg! I'll be watching.

LOL Sabine Don't need any today - I went to bed and woke up ready to go for it again. A little hungry this morning but not enough to eat yet. I am going to try to put it off until lunch time ... I am still at 191.5 lbs this morning. This is a success for me - I bounced up yesterday to 192 lbs. Those days are the hardest - it feels as though my body is trying to go back to its comfort level at the weight I was at before, so there is a push of appetite to get me to eat enough to stabilize where I was before. Appetite is a pretty powerful force some days! Some days I can just ignore it, and other days I have to wrestle with all my might!

I am a little crabby at the moment, maybe because of the appetite issues? Taking the kids for a walk this afternoon if I can get them to finish their school before it gets dark. I think we all are a little cabin feverish at the moment - we usually spend a LOT of time outside and the weather has not been very conducive to that lately. We have been spoiled by the unusually warm weather we had until a few days ago. Now winter has hit with a bang, and it is a shock to our systems. 7F yesterday morning and this morning was 11F. Brrr. Truth is though, I love it. Just need to adjust to all the layers we need to don prior to stepping out of the door. More of an issue with the kids who hate bundling up.

We had a lovely long walk this afternoon. So nice to be out of the house and breathing fresh, crisp air and watching the geese waddling on the iced over lake, flying overhead - so low that we could hear every beat of their wings (and the plop of a goose bomb as it landed alarmingly near to me!) We took our dear darling dog who behaved beautifully until we started skipping rocks across the ice to hear the lovely sounds they made - then she went ballistic trying to chase them. The kids said the rocks were singing - I thought that was a great description of the sounds they made. I carried home a couple large stones for painting - at least 3 pounds each more workout value. Our dog (spayed late) had to mark all the way there and back. The kids counted 28 stops for #1 and 6 stops for #2!! I would guess she has cleared out her pipes for the next couple of days!! Silly pooch. Great entertainment for the kids ... lol.

No breakfast. Lunch was sauteed cabbage with onion and sausage and curry paste - yum! Hubby got to try it this time and gave it the thumbs up. Also had 1/4 cup of pecan halves and 2 squares of 85% chocolate. Decided to try making sweet potato fries tonight ... mostly for the kids and hubby. I had 2 oz ... but the kids need a bit more carbs, of course DS didn't like them. Everyone else did though Otherwise dinner was sausages with homemade sauerkraut, 4 olives, and berries with a little cream for dessert.

My achilles tendon is not happy this evening - burning and stabbing pains. Darn! It was probably only about a mile that I walked -I don't really know, might have been more. And we walked slowly with lots of stops to skip rocks etc ... I guess I really need to fork out the money for a massage or three.

So my macros for today calories 1669, fat 140g, carbs 70.6g (guess this was a carb refeed!), protein 40g... certainly not starving myself, but it is all good stuff and I am feeling pretty good overall. A definite feeling of hollowness lurking most of the time nowadays. Wondering what tomorrow will bring as far as the scale goes. Hoping I see some movement in a downward direction. May be too soon for a change yet.
    Last edited by Coll; 12-12-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    And I held a tarantula on the palm of my hand today - never in a million years would I have ever thought I would or could do that!! I always used to be so afraid of spiders and yet, today, when I looked at the spider it just looked cute and fluffy to me!? I have very warm hands and the spider didn't want to get off my hand because it was enjoying the warmth - that would have freaked me out before ... I was amazed at how light and soft it was!! Quite an experience for a person who was previously freaked out by spiders!! Pretty cool.
    I am freaked out just by reading this
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Today the scale was down by 0.5lbs.... I wasn't sure what to expect after yesterdays feasting so that was a nice surprise. I was hungry when I woke up this morning ... but my stomach has to wait for lunch time. I prefer eating two large meals to three small ones. I just do better overall this way, less snacking, less overall eating. Going to try and hold back today and eat less than I did yesterday. I am thinking of yesterday as a 'feast' day and a carb refeed Just shock my system by mixing it up a little

Kids surprised me by getting started with school before I even got out of bed this morning! They had most of their work done by breakfast time!! Wonderful and yet also annoying - because it just shows me how much time gets wasted every day. (not that I did not know that, but it just confirms it to me!)

Got to tidy and clean today, finish decorating the tree and plan for Saturday's party. Having some family over to celebrate the kids birthdays. Everyone is getting primal goodies - not bringing anything unprimal into this house. They are all grain junkies as well as pop etc. So my plan is to bake a couple cakes, make primal eggnog, primal lemonade, primal ice tea, coffee and herbal teas, maybe a tray of veggies and dip. Only thing is - what dip? Any ideas there folks? Looking for something that is not spicy, not guacamole (going to have that as well).... I was thinking of something cheesy and/or creamy that will go well with veggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    I am freaked out just by reading this
    I would have freaked me out before I am still amazed that I don't get the creeps thinking about it - maybe my change in diet has made me immune to those old fears? LOL

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    My favorite dip, which can be tweaked to make it more primal, is the classic Knorr's vegetable soup-spinach dip. Thawed chopped spinach, a package of soup mix, sour cream, mayo, and chopped water chestnuts. Yum, yum. Or how about that red pepper dip that Mark had in his post a few days ago. Siobhan says it is marvelous.