Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 4

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 18. 210,5 lbs today!!!!! Yeah, down we go again! Feeling good as far as my clothes go, my fat clothes are getting nice and loose - very comfortable at the moment! Unfortunately I have a sinus infection trying to get on top of me! Woke up with a nasty headache and toothpain every time I bend over! YUK! Been really low key today, spent some time laying on my bed reading. Took some Silverbiotics, some homeopathic meds and some extra supplements. Just not sleeping well at the moment ... I am sure that is part of why I am fighting this darn germ... I haven't been sick for a looooonnngg time. Had a good breakfast and then wasn't hungry the rest of the day until early evening when I felt a little hungry and we had dinner. I feel like I am starting to rediscover my jawline, less fat sitting there and when I put my chin in my hand I can feel the bone much more clearly ... lovely!

Breakfast: 3 fried eggs, 3 breakfast sausages, slice of bell pepper, 1/8 apple. Black tea and cream and stevia.
    snack: 1 macaroon and cup of black tea with cream and stevia
    Dinner: Vegetable fritata (bacon, onion, garlic, spinach, cauliflower, eggs and half n half) and more bacon on the side.

Had an awesome talk with our landlord and they are wanting us to show them how to garden using raised beds. In return for our help they will allow us to use half the space! And they are going to fence the entire garden to deer and rabbit proof it! So much fun! I am in heaven - I get to garden even though we are renting and don't feel as though I am investing too much in a place that we will leave behind in a year or so once we can buy our own place. Woopeee! He has given me the go ahead to price all the materials and plan it out. Then we'll all get together and have a work day (or more!) putting it together. They are from the big city and really have no idea how to do this - I am no expert but I have done lots of learning along the way which saves them having to make my mistakes But it also means that I have all kinds of physical work to do - the kind I LOVE. I have been pining for my own place and the space to do this kind of thing and here it is provided in the best possible way for our situation, I feel so blessed.

Shamia is offline Senior Member
    That is awesome news!!! You'll be getting all the exercise needed and having a blast! And, of course, you'll be able to feed yourself and your family with the best (but cheapest) vegetables possible. A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!
    I'm so happy for you!

Day 19: Still a sinus headache today, but as the day wore on I think the supplements etc have been taking effect and the headache has settled quite a bit this evening Drank a LOT of water today and took some time to lie down and read a book.
    Breakfast: 1 fried egg and leftover fritata with all the same bits as last night Piece of butter. Black tea with cream and stevia.
    Lunch: none (black tea with half and half and stevia)
    Dinner: Sausage, sauerkraut, big yummy salad with cheese and almonds.

I am now offering a chunk of butter to DS to eat with his veggies and he really likes it... in fact he eats before most of his food 'cos he likes it so much. SO nice to have a healthy addition to his diet. He (6 years old) told me the other day, "Mommy, I have been cutting back on my grains and eating other stuff!" SO cool to hear that from him. He used to eat toast (Ezekiel bread always) every chance he got and I really had to work hard at getting him to eat other stuff or he would have eaten it at every meal. Now it has taken the kids over a week to go through the last loaf of bread and I have told them that I will not be buying anymore. I am noticing that DS is eating a little more than he usually does ... slightly better appetite. We are also spending more time outside and the kids are getting more exercise than before.

I am feeling really good and my clothes are getting pretty loose Yeeha! I LOVE this way of life. Love the food I get to eat and how it makes me feel. And I love that fat is melting off me!! It is amazing to me that I can go from breakfast to dinner without getting really hungry inbetween! Years ago I did a couple 40 day fasts and lost tons of weight but had no idea about healthy eating so just gained it all back and more. Of course CW told me that I had wrecked my metabolism by doing this and it was so awesome to read Mark's article about fasting the other day. I felt so relieved that fasting is a good way to go. I do find it easier to fast sometimes than negotiate junk food and now that I am done with carbs and sugar I can fast quite comfortably without getting faint and dizzy and feeling awful. I have that same clear headed sensation that I got when I was doing the long fasts, almost a euphoria and incredibly no cravings. Still have some of those emotional triggers with certain brands of chocolates... but I was shopping for the least toxic chocolate for the kids for Easter and didn't have the urge to buy any for myself. I have their chocolate stashed in my dresser and have not the slightest urge to go and sneak some for myself (which I used to do and then would have to buy another bag etc to cover my tracks and so on until at last Easter was over and the candy was no longer in the store!) How pathetic huh?! It is the most liberating feeling knowing that the chocolate is sitting there and I really don't care WOW is all I can say... this is many, many years of struggle and now I don't even want the stuff... you have no idea how long and hard I have prayed for a breakthrough in my addiction to candy and especially chocolate!

Day 20: Breakfast : 2 pieces of sausage and 3 fried eggs. Sauerkraut
    Lunch: 2 sausages and bowl of strawberries and cream. Macaroon (homemade)
    Dinner: None.

Ate a big breakfast and then went to a St Patricks day parade. By the time we got home I was hungry again! So we had lunch - kind of late though... This evening I am not really hungry and decided to skip dinner and just have a nice big breakfast again. I had the sinus headache most of today again but by this evening it has settled down a lot again. I did spend quite a bit of the afternoon just relaxing and reading a book about farming Lovely. I was itching to get outside and attack a neglected rock garden, but the thought of bending over to pull weeds and so on just did not turn my crank! Did take the dog for a little walk this afternoon just to get out of the house and get some fresh air.

Picked up my poor neglected practice chanter and had a lovely time with my music instead. I have been so busy outside that I have neglected my music and I need to get a better balance with my time. I am pretty useless with organising my time!! Sigh! It is tough trying to fit everything into my day what with usual around the house chores, homeschooling, and other every day life things. I feel like I could use a couple of clones to get everything done sometimes.

It is interesting how much more confident I feel after losing 15 pounds! I am still really overweight but my fat clothes are fitting so much better and I feel positively svelte AND I checked my body fat today and it is down from 50% to 45.5% today!!!

I did some shopping in the candy aisle today as I told the kids that if they gave me their parade candy I would let them choose a chocolate instead... they still aren't healthy but it is less sugar and colouring etc than the nasty candies. It was a little strange to them to throw the parade candy in the trash - but they enjoyed the chocolate a lot more. They were allowed to choose two candies from the parade stuff and then the rest was out. I figure it is a step forward ...

Just had my first real bike ride today... not very far or very long as I AM very unfit! It was only about 20 minutes, but lovely. I have muscles that are trying to remember what they are here for Went up to the lake just around the corner and once there sat for about 5 minutes recovering and watching the geese and other birds, then headed back home as DH had to head off to work. Now I know how quick it is to get there I think I may try getting up early a few mornings a week and head up there for a little down time/ alone time. Stay at home moms don't usually get much of this! I have always recharged in my alone time - this is a wonderful opportunity. Now that it is warmer I can get out early on my bike without much risk of really sore ears

Not the most energetic day after my bike ride. My sinus headache is almost gone which is wonderful. Felt like I overate today... had more than I needed I guess. Just felt off balance emotionally for some reason ... oh well, not the end of the world huh?!

Breakfast: 2 1/2 fried eggs (the half is actually probably less as it is a bantam egg LOL) and 1 tin kippered herrings.My usual black tea with cream and stevia
    Lunch: 2 pieces sausage, greek yoghurt with almonds and strawberries. Tea with raw milk and stevia.
    Snack: I baked a primal style bread to try on the kids (they didn't like it) but I thought it was yummy esp. with loads of butter on So I had 2 slices (they are small but it was still too much)
    Dinner: Salami, salad.

I have been toying with the idea of not using a scale for the next month to get myself over the fear of what the scale may say on any particular day. It is rather pathetic how hard it is to truly decide to do this! There is a part of me that thinks that if I don't watch myself by weighing every other day that I will let go and fall off the wagon and never make it on this journey of weight loss and health and fitness. Which really is ridiculous as I am committed to this lifestyle, I enjoy it, I find it easy to eat the food and don't feel deprived. I just need to let go of trying to control things...... so I am NOT going to weigh myself until this time next month! Instead I am going to judge how I am doing by my clothes and how I feel and look to myself. I mean, who cares what the scale says if I feel great and am losing body fat and my clothes are fitting better (or worse actually -ha ha)

Here goes with the freedom to make choices based on what I know and understand to be true, instead of living in fear of "THE SCALE".

BeachTeach is offline Senior Member
    I just wanted to come over and say hi after you posted in my journal. Definitely get rid of your scale! Send it to a friend's house for the next month~you'll be glad you did!

I noticed you posted you've been having sinus headaches. One thought about that: it might be the dairy. I see you include yogurt and half/half every day. I have noticed that if I overdo it on the dairy, I get sinus headaches or get a little congested. Some people do. As long as I keep it to a piece of cheese and a tablespoon in my coffee, I'm okay.

Of course, that may not be the case with you. Cut back or cut it out and see what happens. I've been using coconut milk in my coffee lately so I can have more cheese...to me, cheese is a VERY close second to bacon. Mmmm...bacon!

Keep up the great work! Wish you were here to teach me how to garden too. I think I have a black thumb....
    I blog about living life to the fullest at The Hairy Edge. Check it out! (Or not. We can still be friends. )

Hey BT, thanks for dropping in I am going to give DH the battery and ask him to put it somewhere lol. Otherwise I will get tempted and want to just hop on... just to see!

I have thought of trying to cut all the dairy out (since I can't find raw cream for my tea). I have drunk a lot of raw milk over the last years - BUT since moving I have not been able to find or afford decent milk. I keep the good stuff for the kids and have been using the organic but pasteurized and homogenized KRAP instead. WHat kind of coconut milk do you use as I only found stuff with all kinds of additives at the health store? I have never had any reactions to raw milk but I am wondering if the junk stuff is affecting me. I find it SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating that the laws are so ridiculous about the raw milk. Just going to have to get a cow asap! In SC I used to buy a gallon of raw milk (DELICIOUS) for $6 a gallon! And quarts of raw cream and homemade butter ....

I have cut out all grains, sugar, legumes and that seems to agree with me. I think I just need to suck it up and drop the pasteurized dairy for a bit and see how things go with the horrid headaches. I am not someone who gets headaches usually...

I have to admit I adore cheese! Had some 5 year cheddar the other day that was delectable! That is another thing I would love to make if we had our own cow - raw cheeses! YUM. Gardening is such great therapy for me. I used to work in ICU and the ER and there was so much trauma and violence (South Africa!) and I found so much joy in getting things to grow and flourish and being able to harvest from our own little homestead is so much fun It is just a case of taking note of what each little plant likes and doesn't like and making sure they get the stuff they like eg water, sun, shade etc

BeachTeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    WHat kind of coconut milk do you use as I only found stuff with all kinds of additives at the health store? I have never had any reactions to raw milk but I am wondering if the junk stuff is affecting me.
    I use Thai Kitchen or Whole Paycheck's (Whole Foods ) canned versions. Definitely stay away from anything in those cartons; they're chemical badness! Most stores have cans of coconut milk. Make sure you don't get the light~it's just not as satisfying, and the fat keeps you full! If you can't find it in your store, I'll bet you can get it on Amazon.

Cheese is a wonder food if it's not processed crap. I LOVELOVELOVE aged raw cheddar, and I'm definitely up for any kind of stinky cheese. A couple of years ago we went to Paris, and I just about *died* in the fromagerie we visited. But if it's good, I'm just fine with a little bit, so that's good for my sinuses.

How cool that you spent time in South Africa! I SO want to live out of the country. Traveling is great for expanding your horizons, but living in a whole other culture...well, I think that is life changing.

I wish I had the gardening gene, but seriously, I killed bamboo. No one kills bamboo.
    I blog about living life to the fullest at The Hairy Edge. Check it out! (Or not. We can still be friends. )

Shamia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hiya Coll! Definitely get rid of that battery! Tell your husband to put it somewhere safe. It'll probably be so safe that he won't remember where the heck he put it after a month

Good to see your sinusses are getting better now and that you managed to pack some you-time in your day! The lake sounds lovely. How is your arm?

Are you giving your kids 50% chocolate? or are they just warming up to dark chocolate? Good that they tossed the sugary coloured sweets. Can't be anything good in that! Have you tried giving them fruit leather as a treat? It's fruit pulp, dried in the dehydrator. No sugar added and you can cookie-cut some cute shapes. (see! You don't have to toss those old cooking tools, just re-purpose them! )

I was attempting to go dairy free this week.. failed already. Cheese. What can I say (organic firm goat cheese. Yum. We have really good cheese in the Netherlands).

Time for bed now Have a great day!

Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast