Page 36 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 36

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Pam, as far as I know the rooibos and honeybush are absolutely fine to drink. THey are not made from the seeds, but from the leaves of the bushes and if I remember right they are fermented at some point in the process. Rooibos goes back a loooonnng way with the tribal people of that area - very Grokkish! Rooibos is renowned back home for its health benefits... full of good stuff. We used to have a dog that had skin issues ( a corgi that was allergic to grass, can you imagine how bad it would get with those short legs keeping his belly in the grass?!) and we used to bathe him in rooibos and it soothed his rash beautifully. My son drank rooibos mixed with raw milk once he started drinking other fluids than breastmilk (and has drunk it for years) and has been a very healthy boy - no allergies, beautiful teeth,etc. Of course there is a lot more to it than just the rooibos - my thoughts are that it is very good for you... up to you though

OK, my latest landlord thingy, lol. We bought this camper yesterday, and are hoping to take it out this weekend for our maiden voyage. Our landlord bought an airstream rv a couple of months ago I think... he pulled it home with his Honda Pilot 6 cylinder(which he seems to think has super powers!) which nearly conked from the strain. Poor guy is pretty clueless in a myriad of ways about practical things. Anyway, he now has to buy another vehicle with which to pull his great deal airstream and the rv has never moved from its parking since. I told DH yesterday, "watch! The landlord will not be able to stand us getting ready to go camping, he is going to move the airstream to a different parking, if nothing else. So I get home this evening and sure enough the airstream is hooked up to the Honda again and is in a different spot. Just enough to make me giggle - silly I know.

Emeraldrose, I get the hotdogs from either Sprouts or Wholefoods usually. They are a lot more expensive than regular hotdogs, but then they are also good for you, and taste great too. My family loves them ... I often combine them with scrambled eggs or fried eggs so that they go further. Thank heavens for eggs!

Felt less bloated today - but not quite back to 'normal', whatever that may be nowadays! Another massage this evening - mostly bearable, some pleasant and some moments of wowee! Much better! Going to try and do the exercises we talked over this evening and see if that helps to maintain the effects of the massage.

Had tea with cream for 'breakfast'. Lunch was 4 zucchini fritters, leftover potroast beef with cauliflower rice, a couple fresh carrots from the garden, 3 squares of chocolate, very small handful of nuts. Snack (grrr!) small handful of roasted, sea salted pistachios, 1 more piece of chocolate. Dinner was 1.25 sausages, bowl of strawberries and half a banana and a couple splashes of cream, and another cup of tea with cream this evening. Never a good idea to drink tea after about 3 pm but DH has been so stressed and still thought of making me a cup I just couldn't turn it down. Hopefully I can sleep tonight - am feeling pretty sleepy right now ...

Off to shower and hit the sack. More is nog 'n dag - tomorrow is another day to try again and keep on trying, going to rest now. Take care all and sleep tight
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Oh, goody!

I always wanted a corgi. They make me smile whenever I see one. So, if rooibos is good enough for them...:-) I got some loose leaf, so I can use it with my French press. Love the stuff. Use to drink it and honeybush a lot. Can't wait for my morning hot drink. Think it will be better in the long run than coffee.

Glad your bloat is better. I give things three days, so it should disappear completely really soon.

Your neighbor and his airstream are funny! Maybe they'll go camping this weekend, the honda won't make it, and they'll be stranded and then fall in love with the town they break down in, and they'll never come back -- being so happy there -- and they'll give you an address to send the rent check to and let you use all their land free and the people who then rent their house where you are will be people you love:-) There, it's so easy to take care of things sometimes!!!

Wow! That's amazing. I didn't know people could do a small handful of nuts. Sea-salted pistachios would have to be enough to last for a good long read for me! Thus, nuts not on my list! Have a super day with zero bloat and just the right and comfortable amount of everything so it all balances out:-)

Thanks Pam, today went fairly well as far as my eating went. Tea with cream and stevia for breakfast and then after lunch again. Lunch was leftover mild italian sausage and 3 carrots from the garden. A couple cherry tomatoes from the garden. A small handful (not even a handful really) of nuts and a few raisins (about 10) for a little treat and 2 squares of Maya Gold chocolate- mmm! I had a snack late afternoon as I was really hungry - a slice of leftover meatloaf! Dinner was a fat bluecheese burger, about 1/3 of a cucumber and a thin slice of DS's apple.

Feeling a lot less bloated today, and my weight was back to the 190.5 lbs again. Now to keep the push going to break the 190's barrier and then head toward the 180's! Very thirsty today - must be in ketosis ... I always get really thirsty when I first go into fat burning mode. Burn, baby burn!! Did well with my macros today. Total calories 1240, Fat 89.4 g, Carbs 29.7 g, Protein 82.6 g. Was tired today, due to a late night and then early morning today! Tonight going to make a plan to get to bed before 10:30pm. I know that sleep is important and I want to really focus on reforming my sleep habits during this 21 day challenge too!

I have done mountains of laundry the last couple of days - cleaning the linens, towels, blankets etc that were left in the camper and that look 'usable' for us. DH and I each have two new lined flannel shirts, a new fleece line vest for me, and a new fleece pullover for me. It is like having Christmas early I did, however, have to throw away the bedpan!!

We have a corgi now too - she was born the day before Sept 11! Sweet girl - and too smart for me sometimes. But she is my buddy, not a mean bone in her furry body! She has been having fun bumping noses with the filly and sniffing each other.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you had a great day, Coll! I'm a little jealous of the garden fresh veggies...I really want to start my own garden, but we are waaaaay past planting season, and getting close to frost in the mornings. When I have a little extra cash, I want to at least get some pots and things to start stuff indoors until spring.

Have you grown veggies indoors before? Any tips?

Pet snuggles are definitely awesome! Enjoy your new pup
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Ok. Well, we definitely need a picture of your corgi lady. In fact, a whole series would make everyone have a perfectly awesome day.

Yes, I made myself go to bed a little early last night after yesterday's crazy day.

10 raisins and a few nuts. You are amazing. You'll lose your weight in no time. Think I'll send thoughts out today for you under 190 tomorrow and me under 210! A goal at a time, eh?

I think it's definitely impossible for a corgi to have a mean bone in his / her body. I practically knock people over to get to see a corgi. I'll probably should just pull over when driving. I do the same for sheep, goats, and horses and other wonderful animals.

Have a great day with lots of refreshing sleep!
    Last edited by lopisheep; 09-20-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Lol folks, Molly is 11 years old! She was born the day before the actual event of Sep 11.... I am sure I have a picture of her lurking somewhere on my computer. She was the CUTEST pup! Only adult pics though and she hates the sound of the digital camera so gets all goofy when I turn it on and goes to hide under a desk or something. This pic is from when we still lived in SC ...

11-21-10_1217.jpg

She's still cute
    Journal

Did you hear the sonic boom this morning? I stepped on the scale and it exploded out of sheer shock (lol) that I am below 190. Only by half a pound but I don't care! Woo pee! Now to just keep the momentum going ...

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yay! Good job, Coll!

Yay! Good for you!!!
    Journal