Page 35 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 35

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My question is, "WHY do the manufacturer's make something really nice and then quit producing it and I can never find the same underwear again!?" That is why we hang on to our old underwear! They keep changing the styles on us - but they do similar packages and names to fool you into thinking it is the same, until you try it on that is! GRRRR!

Judg, I have this thing though, that I cannot tolerate tight clothing! I never have ... that said, the jeans I am wearing now are stretch jeans and with a belt on they don't look too bad at all. Without a belt however they will just fall right off! Size 18 - 20. Glad they are too big for me! I will not regret the day I get to pass them on to some other poor soul who is in these shoes! I think I am headed for that time of the month ... just feels that way. Not very regular at the moment ... may be heading for the dreaded menopause... oh well, we'll take it one month at a time and see how things go. Been pretty regular (for me) up until a couple months ago. May just be a hiccup.

Did school today - which I really didn't feel like, but we got 'er done. I ate breakfast which generally doesn't seem to be a good idea for me! I was kind of hungry, but it was more that I thought I should be hungry, and it is DANGEROUS to eat when I am not hungry - it gets the ball rolling and then I get very wobbly as far as not snacking etc during the rest of the day. It really seems that the best start for my day is my creamy tea and then lunch being my first meal. I can have a nice big satisfying meal and it keeps me going to dinner time. Today I grazed and it added up amazingly fast. Last count I had over 1800 calories! And that is not including the salad I had at dinner time (I can never figure out the macros for a salad - I figure they are all good carbs anyway) Nothing unprimal today - just ate when I wasn't hungry But, physically I don't feel bad. Reasonably energetic - heel bugging me today. I wonder if my ankle needs adjusting, hurting in a different spot than usual.

First snow in Colorado - not here though. It was around 90 F today! Typical fall weather - about 40 - 50 F difference between day and night temps. Sleeping weather is here!!! I am feeling a little run down. I keep feeling as though I am getting a stye in my left eye, and they are both burning a bit. Last night and today have been putting silverbiotics in and that definitely seems to be helping. Must have the beginnings of a conjunctivitis. Just keep dripping the silverbiotics in and hopefully that will see it off - it is excellent stuff.

Early bed for me tonight. It was a long week and a long day.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Forgot to say that we tried the cauliflower rice tonight with beef pot roast - it was really, really good! So nice to chow down on a bowl of soupy, meaty 'rice'. The sauce just isn't the same on its own. DH and I were delighted, DD too. DS had a taste (daring for him) and then declined and ate some raw cauliflower Funny boy, he doesn't like gravy either. Hopefully, one day he'll figure out how yummy it is. I made homemade ketchup, but he wouldn't eat it - didn't taste right. SO I caved and bought some organic ketchup that had the lowest carbs per serving - 3g per tablespoon. I will need to try again - I need to figure out a recipe that tastes like the commercial stuff (or pretty darn close) or he won't eat it. Sigh...

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Wow! Conjunctivitis doesn't seem like fun! I remember it going through the schools. Do you need a lot of vitamin C or something to help attack it? Geez. I hope that silver stuff nips it in the bud and that you wake up all well.

Your dinner sounds yummy. Well, probably the majority of the population would love to have kids who would rather have raw cauliflower than cauliflower rice -- or maybe that's over optimistic on my part:-)

Sleep well and wake up all well with feet and eyes and other sore spots non-existent!

Hey Pam, my eyes are still not 100% but it is improving - it was only the inside of my eyelids that seemed to be inflamed. The silverbiotics seems to be addressing it though as it is less annoying than it was.

Took the dog for a mile walk this morning - let her swim in the river (on leash) and she was so pumped! Just bouncing around all full of energy after that So, then I had to walk her further so she would dry off by the time we got home again... Had to wipe off her legs when we got home as they were black from the ash on the edges of the river. Was feeling quite proud of myself - furthest I have walked for a long time. THen DH wanted to go for a 2 mile hike nearby, and I did that too! Feel somewhat tired now, but not bad. It was really pretty and the kids had a blast of course. It is fun to watch kids and see how fascinating the environment is to them. They are always finding some little treasure and there are always exclamations of amazement and wonder over something.

We had a picnic up there, just got home and had to run to the bathroom with an upset stomach, mmm, maybe the chicken got too warm? It was newly made a couple evenings ago and has been in the fridge since... or is the hormones + back to vitamins + sudden large amount of exercise.... I still think it may be the chicken though. Just had half a glass of kefir and that should sort it out.

There was something I was reading about chicken being the main animal food not to eat along with pickled and fermented for something. I forget what, which is not very helpful, but anyway, I'll try to remember. Something about once it's cooked, it goes "bad" (not so that you'd notice) very quickly and affects some people more than others. I'll try to find the article today.

Found it! It's on histamineintolerance.net. A food list. Interesting list. Kind of similar to a migraine trigger list. What will they come up with next??

Hope your eyes are in tip top shape today!

Your walks sound so good. I do a figure eight in the house!
    Last edited by lopisheep; 09-17-2012 at 07:24 AM.

DH found an ad, for a camper, late yesterday afternoon that sounded really cool... so we all got up real early this morning and took an hour and a half drive down to Denver to look at it. Super cute, tiny and perfect for our little family of four! The price was right too- $800!!! We had a little saved and DH just heard from someone they want to buy some instruments that we no longer use.... The lady we bought the camper from had it jam packed with everything you could imagine!! It has at least two jackets each for DH and I, towels enough to clean up a swamp etc... I am going through that this afternoon and getting it cleaned up so that we can go camping this weekend! Summer is DH's busy time for business and now it is getting cold enough at night time that our tent is a little miserable... it has open vents in the ceiling which translates into freezing air pouring down on you all night - brrr! Also, I have been a little concerned about the bears etc in the area as after the fire and the very dry conditions there is not much out there for them to fatten up on for the winter. I just was a bit concerned about camping in a tent - just not ready to meet Oso face to face in the middle of the night! I know they can unzip a camper too, but it takes longer and hopefully we could scare it off if that started...

It was pretty wild to see what all was bagged up in that camper! THe whole thing from tip of the hitch to the back is 12' - but there is enough in there to outfit a couple of much bigger campers - including old bra's, panties, fat lady swimsuits (that I eyeballed for just a moment, as I would love to have a swimsuit with a pretty skirt attached),night clothes!!! Yikes! Those went straight into the outside trash. The kids were fascinated with the old elastic that just does its final stretch and gives out ... lol! DD was picking them up with just her fingertips - hee hee!

Off to go and clean and clean and organise - this is fun! Thrift store will be getting a visit in the next couple days with the stuff that is in good shape that I don't want. I even found a pair of insulated overalls that fit me!! Size L, I really didn't think they would fit me but they went on over my jeans and all The kids were thrilled, "Now you have a snow suit too Mom!" It has been so long since I was able to really play and have fun because I was always too big to get decent snow clothes - bring the snow on!!!
    Last edited by Coll; 09-17-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Funny. I had to read a while to figure out what the ad was for and what you bought. I don't know why -- I was thinking a pony or small horse at first. I guess we know my priorities!

That is so cool. You guys are going to have fun. I best like backpacking in the fall and winter, but it does get cold. Do enjoy:-)

Lol! Pam, sorry about the ramblings with no point! Been a long day! HOLY mackerel there was a lot of stuff in there! The kids and I unloaded almost everything! Then we scrubbed the camper and vaccuumed and scrubbed. Pretty grubby - don't think it has been used for a while.... Kids REALLY wanted to sleep in there tonight (nope!) so we compromised and we had dinner in there instead. Scrambled eggs, grass fed hotdogs, berries and banana and cream. We are all pooped tonight ... my bed is calling me! Lots of work to do before the weekend so we can get this camper on the road. DH has to check that everything does work too.

You are not so far off in your guess as to what we were buying! If we had our own place we would be in the market for a couple small horses / ponies. Especially since horses are going so cheap at the moment. Everyone is freaking out because of the drought and no hay. BIL bought hay for their two horses at $12.50 per bale!! Lot of people can't afford that! (We probably couldn't either, so it is a good thing we aren't in the market for them at the moment!)

Felt really bloated today! I know I am still losing fat but my belly just felt horrid today ... just hate that feeling for a few days every month! Nothing feels comfortable unless I am in my pj's or naked and that just doesn't work around here during the day. They are going to be spraying the pasture for 4 hours + tomorrow for noxious weeds ... at least the landlord let us know - I'll be taking the kids out once they get started Just wish people would try other methods of dealing with this stuff - hate knowing that there is going to be a whole boatload of herbicides floating around here for who knows how long! Landlord came over and asked if we would mind filling up the horse water trough from our tap since he doesn't have a hose for the pasture they are moving the horses to for the day. I was tempted to say no - but didn't. I never know how to respond. I like to help out - but I do feel as though they take advantage of us in lots of little ways. So I ended up cleaning the trough first since it was disgustingly dirty and stank to high heaven. I feel bad for the horses (not his) and I like the ladies whose horses they are... so I figure I will try to be neighborly. But I can't wait to get out of here and not have to deal with this family anymore. I have a very hard time not being resentful and wanting to be nasty. Not going to do it - but also have to deal with my own bad attitude otherwise his stinking attitude is befouling my water because of my response... if that makes any sense at all. I am tired and my typing is somewhat disjointed.

Going to hit the hay folks, bless you all and sleep tight! Will try to catch up on some journals soon - been too busy lately.

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Coll- totally know what you mean about just feeling bloated or fat. There are days when I know I've been doing great, but either the weight went up a little or I just look in the mirror and feel like I'm getting NOWHERE!

By the way, where do you find grass fed hot dogs? My kids LOVE hot dogs, but I'm leery of getting them in the grocery store...
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

Love your ramblings:-)

Hey, two of my favorite teas are from your original neck of the woods -- honeybush and rooibos. Just found out they are from the same legume family as soybeans. Darn! Does that mean we don't get them. You're the South African so I'm going to go by your words of wisdom on this one.

Hope all that obnoxious bloat is gone. I'm still having the effects of last night's migraine. Cutting out oranges and spinach and avocado to see what happens.