Page 30 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 30

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Let me know when the wine is ready, I'll be stopping by.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 08-25-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Party at Coll's house!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah! I'd love to have you all over for a party We have the wine into the carboy for the secondary fermentation cycle. What fun. THe whole family joined in at various stages and DD even said she wants to do this with her husband, when she is older and married Cute...

DSCN4291.jpg

I have wrapped it in a towel to catch the overflow and protect it from the light for now. There is something so fun about watching it bubbling away - alive and busy morphing (hopefully!) into delicious wine. It smells really good.

I am off for my next massage this afternoon, pretty nervous about that I confess. Trying to be cool and positive but rather dreading the pain. I have been taking Wobenzyme for a few days now and that definitely seems to be taking the edge off the pain for me. Hopefully this afternoon is a better experience - I am also going prepared to ask her to stop to give me a break, even if she thinks I am a wimp...

I have gained a few pounds lately, up to 194 again. Sigh, just got a lot on my plate and haven't been sleeping enough. However, DH has said that he will join me in trying to get to sleep at a good time. I got 9 hours sleep last night and it was heavenly! I feel much better as a result today. DH has talked me out of trying to do a whole 30 for right now as I have a lot of stress going on right now and he feels that it will be too much on top of all that. Said that instead he will help me get to bed at a better time and we can start there. I know that sleep is key - so agreed.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Wanted to share a quick pic of our biggest tomato yet - 18oz!

DSCN4285.jpg

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    Woah, what a big tomato! The wine looks good too.
    How did the massage go? I sure hope it's helping you.
    Sleep is really important. I can tell if I didn't get enough sleep on how I eat, like today: was hungry all morning, I have more coffee and I just went down to the coffee bar and bought chocolate (as dark as I could find here at work, which is only 48% ). But at least all the rest of my eating was primal so I'm not going to sweat it .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Well, my massage was quite bearable yesterday. Different girl and different style, she got some areas that the other girl didn't address and was a lot gentler. I was talking to DH and I think I am going to alternate between the two of them as they both seem to help different areas and the one I definitely need time to recover from. This Friday will be seeing the intense girl - but made sure to only book a half hour massage And I am ready with brakes again. Yesterday I took a hanky in with me as last time I had nothing to mop my nose with - and of course I didn't need it this time, lol, isn't that just the way it goes!

I am SO enjoying my gardens Especially since the landlord basically told me that the 'experts' say it can't and shouldn't be done the way I am doing it! So we have miracle tomatoes ripening on the vine and my table and counter and fridge are full of harvest waiting for me to do something with it. I think I am going to make gazpacho leather today - a yummy snack and will help me get more veggies in too. DH loves the gazpacho leather too - kids find it too spicy though. Our zucchini chips went down very well with some guacamole the other evening and DH is delighted as he is a big chip fan. He is thrilled to have a substitute for dipping. DS tried some and declined, DD decided she really liked the combo.

Yesterday, I ate more than a whole bar of chocolate! It was about 40 g of carbs, and I did feel bad after indulging. I think it is an emotional reaction to the massage - I need to come up with something healthy to do to unwind after a painful session instead of chocolate. I always feel shaky and nauseated after I am done ... maybe I should fast and instead find a relaxing activity to do for a short while to transition back into life! I must think about this ... taking a walk is not going to work (for obvious reasons) though that is my first thought. It would be good to be something I could just do in the car before driving home as I feel so spacey when I walk out of there. Wonder if part of it is toxins being released into my system. Maybe I should take a chilled bottle of kombucha to sit and drink in the car while listening to some good music... Mmm, I think I will try that on Friday. That should be sweet enough to satisfy the desire for sweet while not being too much.

7 1/2 hrs sleep last night - not as good. But we'll just keep trying. I would love to get to an earlier bedtime - I have always loved waking up early when everyone else is sleeping and having time to myself and seeing the day arrive. Something so therapeutic about being up with the dawn and breathing that early morning air - especially now that we are heading into fall. Going to avoid snacking today, and going to try to avoid any chocolate at all ... I have had too much of it every day for over a week now! 194 lb this morning, I am ready to go down again. Ready to make the effort to be disciplined... we'll see what I report this evening...

OK, I did much better yesterday. No chocolate and no snacking Man, I was surprised to see how much of a difference that made in how I felt. And I know that part of it was just psychological because it feels so much better than being a bit out of control. I also felt hungry for dinner for the first time in quite some time! Felt good! And I had a little space left after I was done eating which also felt good. So I had gazpacho (almost everything from our gardens) and german sausage for lunch. Plenty tea during the morning, with my usual cream and stevia. I had a nectarine and a piece of good cheese just before dinner and then we had lamb shanks roasted in the crock pot. I am going to make a soup out of the leftovers ... yum!

School was tough today. None of us felt like doing it and it just took forever it seemed. Funny how some days just flow so easily and others grind away like a car whose gears are stripped and just about out of fuel! Yesterday, none of us could get to sleep in the evening .... we all got to bed at a good time but just couldn't settle. All I can think is that we were all feeling too warm or there was a change in the air pressure because our food was all the normal stuff with nothing bad or different in it.

OK, so DH and I are having so much fun that we started two 1 gallon batches of mead yesterday too One is a blackberry mead and the other is a peach mead. Much stirring and singing of songs over the pots today (lol) waiting for the yeasts to move in a take over. Feel very 'Grokkish' doing it like this - just found it totally uninspiring reading the 'how to' stuff on the conventional way of making wines etc. This however, is loads of fun, just the opposite for me. I love the idea of doing stuff the way it has been done for generations all over the world with whatever you may have an excess of ... whether that may be plums, or dandelion flowers, or honey etc. I can't wait to see how these all turn out ... Now I need to let all my friends and family know that we need them to save their wine bottles for the next year so that we can bottle these all.

Today I ate - tea with cream and stevia. Gazpacho and fried eggs for lunch with dessert of apple with chunk of cheese. 5 pieces of chocolate this afternoon. Going to try and stop right there ... before another bar gets consumed!
    Dinner - not sure yet...

Lamb shanks...must have lamb shanks...and mead...

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I have quite the compulsive mead making going on... I had some honey water left over and some home grown pears that are not getting eaten fast enough so I have just over a quart of pear mead going to... just to use up the bits

Did better the last couple of days with my eating though this afternoon saw a little chocolate snack happen Gazpacho for dinner tonight with burger patties. Probably peaches and cream for dessert - fresh peaches that is. Breakfast was a piece of left over german sausage and a fried egg and some veggies from the garden. Lunch was an apple and a chunk of cheese (chives added - yum!) Chocolate (8 pieces for a snack) and I think that was all today.

Did a fair amount of sitting today - so my heel is feeling much easier and the rest of me is restless and wanting to MOVE! Tomorrow is my dreaded massage - got to psych myself up for this I am afraid. I find myself getting a racing heart rate and taking lots of deep breaths. Will have my arnica ready for slathering on as soon as she is done ... Sometimes I can't believe I am paying someone to do this to me... but I do seem to be moving a lot easier than I have for a long time so it seems to be worth it.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I hope it goes easier tomorrow! Maybe the worst it over? There is always hope.

Pear mead...wish I lived closer to you...