Page 27 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 27

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Beautiful pics!

I had an aunt who never married and lived quite a glamorous life. I remember her as a child, she always had a cigarette holder in one hand and a chihuahua in the other. Wore her fox stole all of the time. (At one time that was very fashionable.) She wore heels all of the time - even her house slippers had heels. The achilles tendon shortens and the person can't walk barefoot or in flats anymore. Scary.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Nice picture of your rock garden; those smoke clouds are scary!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Super pictures. Where are the ones of the kids?

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Lol Lopisheep! You don't have to twist my arm too hard for that
    DD with her darling pet chicken ( who acts more like an attention starved puppy than a chicken)
    DSCN3796.jpg
    DS flashing his gorgeous blue eyes ...
    DSCN0012_008.jpg
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

SO a couple pics of our darling kiddos! I have had a few interesting days after doing a self defense class last Wed night. Didn't warm up at all (stupid!!) and ended up hurting my already really painful achilles tendon!! Wowee, I have been hopping around on crutches for days and icing and lying on my bed very bored! Crutches are a mixed blessing indeed as I have multiple bruises on my lats, my 'healthy' heel is really sore now from all the extra work, my back feels out and I have bruises on my forearms too... just pathetic. But, the good thing is that I did some more research and know for sure that this is my achilles tendon (the symptoms were spot on including the clicking as I walk, numbness, etc ) It was interesting to read that high arches can cause chronic achilles tendonitis if you are pronating too much. So I want to look around for some exercises to get my feet moving the way they should.

I have been eating 'convenience' foods (primal) but not many veggies because DH has been working a lot and the kids are not old enough to be cooking without supervision. Today having first decent dinner for a while, homemade chicken soup and steamed artichokes dipped in garlic butter. My feet are killing me (the downside of a standing computer station is that when you have hurt your feet it is not very user friendly!) and I will get on again tomorrow and catch up some more.

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ouch. Sorry to hear about your injury, Coll. Take care of yourself. Lots of broth for that fantastic gelatin!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I hope your heel gets better quickly, Coll!
    Your kids look adorable
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Thanks Candy and Sabine. Don't have broth but will add some gelatin to soup etc to up that. Haven't been able to find good bones yet to make broth. Feeling much better today ... walking around semi normally. No crutches and I am delighted about that. Going to work on painting our coop some more today - the clouds look relatively ominous this morning so maybe we'll get some rain! Need to paint before it gets to raining.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Wow, what adorable kids! Thanks for the pics!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My pleasure Siobhan! They do bring so much joy to our lives even as they pose all kinds of challenges!

My feet are killing me tonight! They are better than they have been but, now at the end of a busy day they are highly unimpressed with the way I have been on them all day! I have so much going on with the family reunion coming up this Sunday, MOnday, Tuesday.

I had a late morning breakfast of 2 fried eggs, a couple slices of meatloaf, and a nectarine. My usual tea with cream and stevia. 5 paleo n'oatmeal cookies (!!!!) and then two sausages and a BAS for dinner. The funny thing is that I have never been a cookie person, or any baked goods really. But those paleo cookies were so yummy and had all kinds of good stuff in that I had a hard time stopping!!! That is not something that happens to me with baked stuff - lol! I had better watch out for the paleo goodies. The other fun thing is that this is the second baking experience using a paleo recipe and they seem bomb proof! I can make the easiest 'normal' cookies look like something from an alien experiment, but the paleo carrot cake turned out perfect first time, and now the cookies too. I was pretty sceptical as to whether DS would partake and enjoy. To my amazement he loved them and came back for more! He really is a changed little boy as far as his eating goes. He is still picky and certain foods definitely still trigger the gag reflex. But the other night he ate a really good size helping of chicken soup and loved it! I am still reeling from the shock of it! Poor kid has a bum back tonight, it has been a long journey for him to be the active little soul that he is now. Guess the chiropracter will be seeing us tomorrow, otherwise he will have a miserable weekend (and by extension, so will I)

Aunt Flo arrived early this month for which I am grateful. Much easier to have the long dreaded reunion without the complications of Flo being in the mix!

We are in the throes of trying to complete the little portable coop that DH has been building before the weekend. I am really hoping that the chickens will get the hang of it quickly. They are going to have to learn how to go up and down ramps to get to the nesting boxes and then another ramp to get to the roosting area. I'll have to post a pic once it is done - pretty cool. I think it is going to look really nice - had fun picking out paint colours and have been painting away. First time since we started a family that I have not been pregnant or nursing when there was a painting job to be done. Kind of fun, though it does require some incredible contortionism.

DS is fascinated with my collarbones He keeps staring at them and then touches his own as if to say, "Wow, those bits are pretty cool and I have some too!" Lol. Every now and again I get a hint of the muscles peeking out from under the fat and trying to show themselves, especially on my legs. Sigh, I do wish I could get moving on the weight loss thing again, but I know I am going to have to get more intentional and disciplined and try something a little different for a while. Not sure what, just change things up a bit.