Page 24 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 24

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Glad you are doing so well, AND that you have had rain. Every time I hear the news about the fires in Colorado these days, I think of you.
    Yay, collarbones!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Sabine It was the first morning in forever that I could sit outside and just enjoy the early morning freshness. It was cool and the mosquitoes were not out yet, everything smelled good and it was so refreshing to sit and soak in the early morning sounds and smells and sights. I sipped on my tea and watched the young birds all yelling for mom and dad to feed them first One of our trees I call the bird condo as it has so many types of birds nesting in it. Chickadees, blue jays, hummingbirds, doves, red wing blackbirds etc.... most of them have fledged and are spread around in the various trees in the backyard and lining the irrigation ditch all fussing to be fed. The grackle young will stand next to mom and dad at the feeder with seed all around them, and wait for the parents to pick it up and feed it to them. Funny.

I spent some time thinking about my goals and felt like I got some clarity for the next little while. I have been hovering around 193 or just less for a while and getting nowhere fast. I want to get below 190 now. I figure 5 pound increments are attainable and each time I pass one of the markers I feel encouraged and motivated. So, I am going to be careful not to snack or overeat cheese and keep a close eye on my carb intake. I don't want it too low but also don't want to overdo it as that is a sure fire way to get the cravings started.

We unloaded our trailer (16' x7') yesterday - not that it was full but certainly plenty of stuff! We are wanting to try and sell the trailer to help pay off some debt that we accrued this last year and now I have to deal with all the stuff that has been sitting in the trailer out of sight and out of mind! My living room is a wreck again, but I am keen to deal with this and whittle things down to a more manageable state. There is all kinds of stuff that we really don't need and I am tired of having too much stuff and nowhere to put it. TIme to simplify. Going to be busy on craigslist for the next while, and have already donated a bunch of stuff that was in my way but sure to be helpful to someone else. So there should be plenty of slow movement in the next while - and plenty of lifting and moving heavy things. I have been skipping breakfast aside from my mug of tea and this really seems to work well for me.

Got to get food going for the kids now though so hope you all have a great day and will check in again soon.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    A big shout-out to the clean-out! It feels so good to get rid of stuff. I keep thinking about the sofa I gave away, and how happy my friend and her daughter were. Better than money! And so many boxes of stuff to the thrift shop and the bookstore - I have another ready right now -
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Life is kind of out of control at the moment. Aunt Flo is about to drop in, not feeling my best at the moment and have the munchies, satisfying that urge with steak and sausage and dark chocolate... Couple really late nights under my belt which leave me emotional, tired and craving anything that will bring a bit of energy. Feeling depressed overall today, I am sure it will lift soon, just feel like I need a good cry and longing for a real friend here for us and the kids... Trying to meet people and not getting anywhere with making connections at the moment. I know this will all pass - just a horrid few days. It seems that people are just too busy for real friendships, even family can't fit us in for more than a few minutes here and there. It always has the feel of a timed appointment - just miss hanging out with friends who love you no matter what and who like being with you, no agenda and no walls up either. Been over a year since we moved out here and still no real connections, guess we are just too different for the average person to handle, doesn't help when you eat like a complete freak and love it! Lol! Oh well, hopefully we'll be able to meet some other weirdo's one of these days. Still complete chaos here but slow progress is happening and it is good to see the piles of boxes getting smaller and fractionally more organised. I have done some surreptitious trash dumps of junk that the kids would not voluntarily let go of but don't even remember they have unless they actually see it. My DD is a horder of rocks and feathers and all manner of packaging etc.... been buried in her room for a couple of days and it looks habitable again ... now to teach her to keep it that way! We'll see how successful I am in this arena - never done well before....

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

I know what you mean - does anyone really connect any more? The last time I saw my sister she hardly ever looked up from her iphone. I was trying to talk to her and she couldn't stop playing some stupid game. And I went to lunch with two friends who played Words With Friends the whole time on their phones. With each other. Don't know why I bothered going.

I'm pretty good at keeping rocks too. Have to stop that. I have quite a collection. I have some weird idea that someday I will set them into a walkway, but that will never happen.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Ha ha ha Siobhan, I am a secret rock collector too Just a little more picky than DD is lol! DH was complaining about a pile of river rocks he found the other day when we returned from evacuating and saying that DD has stashes of stones and rocks everywhere - I had to confess that that pile was mine

Aunt Flo arrived today, will be glad to get her visit over with, but am feeling better already. Supposed to be much cooler the next week or so which is wonderful! Going to take the kids out to the lake for a little picnic today I think. The smoke is almost gone now - many days at a time with reasonable air quality which is lovely. Every now and again the smoke descends, but still nothing like when the fire was raging out of control and close by.

My stevia finished recently so I went to the store and picked up some more, different brand. Dreadful waste of money!!! My tea is just not the same and I caved yesterday and ordered the same brand I had before on Amazon. I love my morning cup of tea and it is one of the few treats I have and I am not giving it up any time soon! Nothing bad in it anyway really.

I have been having to throw away my old bra's. Just no way they will work anymore. And have to tie my pants ties really well or my pants will be around my ankles before I know it ... and the others need a belt at all times. However my weight loss has well and truly stalled. I have been around 192 - 195 for about a month now. I really need to get focused and do some tracking on fitday - but I just seem to be very disorganised at the moment. DH is not sleeping well at all at the moment and that means that I am awake a lot of the night too. He is so restless, partly asleep but not peaceful, his legs and arms churn away as if he is running or playing a sport all night long. Poor chap is tired out, I need to get out my essential oils and mix up a concoction for him and see if that helps a bit. He has been trying to get his computer work done before dinner so that he is away from the blue light before bed time. I think it may take a little while for his body to adjust though - years of bad habits to be reset. I have a hard time with all the thrashing around though, I am a very light sleeper and it really doesn't take much to wake me up. I'll just be dropping off after being woken up when something else jerks and twitches and then I have to start over again. Sigh, so I just better figure out how to help him and quickly. Will have to do some more research on sleep today. I don't usually have a hard time sleeping if I am not disturbed. Sometimes I have a hard time going back to sleep if I am woken up. But left to my own devices I would go to sleep about 9 or 9:30 pm and wake up about 5am every day. I usually put my head down and go straight to sleep. DH grew up here in the USA with lots of TV and late nights and very little sleep and has always had a problem with settling to sleep and staying up way too late at night. I don't think I have ever heard him say that he feels rested and that he had a good nights sleep, in the whole 11+ years we have been married.

We have had wonderful rain these last few days! Everything is soaked and there is no smoke to see at the moment, I am sure this has helped the fire fighters! (Though the mudslides are not exactly helpful at least the fire has been suppressed more)

Am going to try and get more regular with my journal these next days. I really need to get focused again, seem to be hearing that from myself a lot lately. Now I just need to do it huh!?

I have been digging into the chocolate stash way too much lately, too many carbs all round and I can feel it as I am not moving anywhere with my fat loss. ALso eating when I am not hungry - never a good feeling! Had a friend give me a little warning about my cholesterol this morning ... just smiled and waved.

DH sleeping better again (still not great though) We are trying to find out if there is any way we could buy some land, so done with renting! We appreciate the area we are in but it is hard to live in a place that you can't fix up and improve and make it better all around. Have decided to quit watering the front yard (just native grass that is dormant because of the drought) as the landlord just doesn't take care of the land. It is probably all going to be paved or at least put under gravel to make a parking lot anyway in the relatively near future, depressing prospect and I hope we are out of here before that!

Going to get on fitday today and start tracking again. Gotten very slack and lacksadaisical - and it shows. I have a family reunion coming up with DH's side of the family next month. I would dearly love to get a little leaner before then - maybe 10 more pounds off before then. I don't think that is too much to expect. There is going to be lots of swimming and playing in the pool and it would be so nice to be in a regular swimsuit instead of my old maternity swimsuit I have been trying to do a little tanning lately, the kids are funny with their exclamations over how white most of me is compared to my neck, arms and lower legs. Time to even things out a bit I guess, lol.

Going to do a concerted effort today to overcome the remaining boxes lurking in a heap in the living room. We have piles of books that I am hoping the library will take off our hands. Trying to get down to the ones that we use and are really interested in. I am a confirmed book-a-holic, nothing nicer than snuggling down somewhere with a good book and devouring either the fantastical worlds or fascinating information about a topic that inspires me.

I am dreaming of our own piece of land, with a spring, some trees and meadows and the opportunity to build a house of natural materials (maybe a straw bale home...) Dreaming of a wrap around porch, sleeping balcony, fireplace, country kitchen and window seats, maybe an outdoor kitchen too, a herb garden and chickens scratching around. Maybe a family cow chewing her cud peacefully and a root cellar with cheeses maturing along with preserved veggies and fruits, homemade mead etc. Picture me sitting on the porch with my dear family sipping on a glass of creamy fresh raw milk and nibbling on a stick of biltong made from our own beef....

Ok, back to real life, I have a pile of boxes to sort out and then need to get the school area squared away so I can get going with school again.

Fun note, I started about 5 quarts of vanilla extract, finished the last of my previous batch about a month ago. Thinking I will give vanilla extract to folk for Christmas presents this year, might take a while to get through that much otherwise! Have a good day folks...

Wow, can I come live with you? I can milk a cow and make cheese. Except I would drink all of the raw milk. I am pretty sure I can make mead.

And I, in fact, also need to unpack boxes - here I go -

Ha ha Siobhan! Sorry you're going to have to share the milk, but I bet there would be enough for us all to suck down gallons of the stuff I made a pretty good heap of trash yesterday but there still remain a number of boxes that are calling for attention. I rediscovered my stamp collection yesterday and was astounded to see how many I have accumulated over the years. They are going to have to wait until I have time before I can get them all sorted and cleaned and put into an album or three.

I did not do so well yesterday, ate half a bar of 48% chocolate! The other half was the day before! Otherwise my food choices were ok. Just got to get on a roll again. Had a cup of tea with cream and stevia this morning and am planning on having eggs and kippers with some veggies for lunch. Maybe meatloaf for dinner, with artichokes dipped in garlic butter, and dessert of berries and cream. My back is feeling like something is a little out of place, been sewing sitting on the edge of my bed on a low table - not really working! and of course lifting heavy boxes and twisting is not helping it settle down. Going to the chiropractor this pm and hopefully that will get me back on track with my dear old back

I need to feed the kids breakfast and I have two towers of boxes waiting for me. Have a great day unpacking Siobhan ....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, the unpacking is a work in progress! Definitely going to take a while to get this sorted... and everything gets more untidy and crazy while I am unpacking and trying to figure out what is going and what is staying. I have done lots of organising and rearranging - but you can't tell by looking at the house! I have installed f.lux on my computer and I really like it. Definitely nowhere near as bright as it used to be. My eyes don't get as tired as they used to either which is nice.

Did not eat chocolate today, have not been feeling too well the last couple of days, nauseated and just feel like I need to lie down. Not getting enough sleep, and I have that overtired feeling all the time. DH and I are just not doing well with getting to bed at a good time and I have a hard time sleeping through his bedtime routine if I go to bed earlier than he does. Once I wake up - I have a hard time getting back to sleep. It would be so nice if he would try to get to bed earlier with me ... I don't know if it is all the years of night shift that messed my sleep up, but I find that if I am woken up soon after I get to bed I feel wide awake and have the hardest time settling back to sleep.

Had 4 breakfast sausages, a handful of pecans, an apple, a piece of string cheese for lunch. Two cups of tea during the morning. A glass of milk and a date roll this afternoon. About 8 raisins. A handful of carrots (baby) two slices of meatloaf, a bowl of berries and cream with a quarter of a banana. Pretty pathetic I know As you can see, not doing well. Going to try for early bed tonight... Let you know how it goes...