Page 23 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 23

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I ate some stew yesterday for lunch that had made the trip to SIL's house and back. Wasn't thinking, but after the fact - it was going off. So I had a nasty tummy situation for the afternoon and decided to skip dinner. I had a couple of glasses of full cream kefir which set everything to rights again - I LOVE the stuff for that aspect especially. Picked up the last of our goods from BIL and SIL's house. Our place now looks like a complete zoo with suitcases and boxes everywhere. Hey, I know, it is our own version of the tough mudder obstacle courses - lol! I lost a couple pounds yesterday - cleaned out the system in one fell swoop. Guess I am ready for a colonoscopy now - don't ever plan on having one of those though
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Celebrated Father's day with brunch at the Egg and I, had bacon and scrambled eggs for dinner with primal strawberry shortcake for dessert. DS gave brunch and dinner the big thumbs up He is a different child as far as his eating habits go! We went to the drive in last night (had forgotten how very late that gets!) and we all ate a bunch of kale chips. Definite hit with the whole family. Really tired today - very late night and it has been horribly hot and windy today. Smoke clouds billowing over us again, new evacuations South of us. I am sure the firefighters must have struggled with the heat again today! It is still over 80 F at 8:45!! YUK! Times like this I am so grateful for airconditioning. We would have had to go somewhere else today as the smoke is thick and this trailer would have been unbearable closed up in this heat! Our poor chickens are feeling it with the smoke and heat combined.

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    So glad you are safe and well. Sorry about the stomach upset. Go, kefir! I was listening to an interview on Fresh Air with the author of a book on fermentation that made me want to run out and start fermenting EVERYTHING! Wouldn't homemade kefir be the bomb? But I think I will start with something easy, like sauerkraut.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I love kefir, it is truly magical stuff. I am very fortunate to have a source of raw whole-milk kefir, thanks to the food co-op. I have even met the cows! (There are six of them and boy, do they live the life!) That reminds me I need to get some.

I'm glad you are back home and all is well!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Okay, no posts for three days? Hope you are doing well, and not running from the smoke and flames again. Thinking of you.

I am sorry I haven't been on for some days! Thanks for checking on me Sabine :/ It has been hectic and I have been off kilter after the evacuation and trying to settle in again. I just feel like I have been thrown off my stride and I am struggling to get back into the rhythm that works for me. I have gained a few pounds over the last few days, not sleeping well, really tired all the time and dragging myself out of bed and then no energy all day. Eating too many carbs to try and boost the energy - not working. Just feeling generally 'yuk' at the moment. Meals are a huge effort and I have very little mental focus.

Hoping to get to bed at a good time tonight - seems the kids are also struggling as they are taking forever to get to sleep at night. We have also been doing less outside as the smoke has been pretty bad, better today though. It has also been really hot! Terribly hot for this time of the year and for being Colorado! Just want to move somewhere that is cool and wet - tired of the heat already! The fire is improving though they have said that they expect to only see the end of it in the fall with snow and cool temperatures!! Over 68 000 acres burned now, about 2000 people fighting it, almost 200 homes burned, 55% contained at the moment. Horrid weather coming for the weekend with really hot temperatures and extremely dry (single digit humidity again) Bless you all, hopefully I can get back to reading all your journals again - I miss hearing how you are doing. I find it very motivating to read your journeys and I learn a lot from what you are all going through too.

Pray for me to have a really good nights sleep tonight so I can get back on track again and start feeling my new 'normal' again. This used to be my normal - hard to think of that! How did I ever survive all these years of brain fog and exhaustion? I need a kick in my pants or someone to grab my hand and help me get going again. Haven't been eating unprimal as far as food choices go, just snacking and too many nuts, too many fruits, not enough protein.

Glad you are okay, although it is rough right now. Hope you had a good night's sleep.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hey Coll, hope you're feeling better already. I'd gladly send some rain your way if I could, we've had more than enough of that!!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Hi CIW! It would be nice if you shared instead of keeping all the rain on your side We had a storm last night but not enough rain to even settle the dust - just lots of lightning and thunder and wind, which is just what started this fire in the first place!

Trying to get back on track. Haven't been on the computer much, been busy outside trying to resuscitate our back yard after being neglected in very hot and dry weather. My gardens are looking great though and my kale is almost ready to pick. I had to yank a cauliflower as it had started to bolt with the heat and the chickens were delighted even if I was sad. The poor birds have been sweltering as the temps are up over 100 F every day at the moment. The one cage of chickens has a fan running all day that the birds sit right in front of, panting away. And the other cage has a hose running most of the day misting the one end so they can wander in and out of the water. Still panting poor things! I can hardly stand to be out - just hate this kind of heat, especially when accompanied by thick smoke. The whole house stinks of smoke and whenever I cough I get the taste of smoke in the back of my throat. Yuk!

I have a really good farmers tan at the moment My arms and face and neck are really brown, my legs a little and the rest is lily white. Can't bring myself to lie in the sun at the moment - I just over heat. But we have an inflatable kids pool coming tomorrow and then we will be spending much more time in the sun, I'll be able to cool off. We also found a trampoline at a garage sale yesterday and the kids are thrilled to bits. It is so hot that they can only jump for a little while - but, oh, so much fun!

I am back down to 193.5 pounds after going up to 196.5 a few days ago. I have been tired and not making the best meals, not that they are unprimal, but just not satisfying enough to settle cravings. I am not getting enough red meat and veggies and then I start wanting more carbs.

Yesterday, I stepped on a thorn or sharp object that went right through my flip flop and gave my big toe a really nasty jab! Wow, did I hop around! My kids were impressed with the pool of blood :/ Yikes. It is pretty red this morning - hoping that there isn't a piece of something still in there. Keeping some good herbal stuff on and hopefully it will settle down today.

Going to avoid eating as long as possible today, had black tea with cream and stevia for breakfast. I find at the moment that once I start eating I don't want to stop. I think I need to get myself a steak and make sure I have meat on hand to eat as I find eggs just aren't quite enough to satisfy my protein need. I am going to get back to tracking my macros on fitday.com as I found that very helpful with getting the right balance.

I bought the kids some shorts the other day as they are growing so fast... however, they have both gotten a lot leaner since we have been eating primally and I had to laugh as their shorts just fell off them when we got home and tried them on, lol! So DD who is 9 got DS shorts (6/7 yrs) and we had to go back and get 4/5 for him. And he still has to roll the waist band over to make them a little less likely to work their way down his little butt! We went ten pin bowling yesterday - first time for the kids and had a blast. We got a summer membership and hope to do this regularly now. It was the cutest thing watching them both wrestling the huge balls around. Two games was plenty though, as DS was really tired by the end...

We are wanting to teach the kids how to swim this summer and I had planned on taking them to the lake, about 10 minutes down the road, but it is all closed and the roads are shut down because of the fire. Just hoping that we'll be able to get in there soon - so much better than the swimming pools with the chlorine laden water.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Slightly better the last couple of days. Feeling less cravings and am slowly losing weight again. My son asked me last night what the 'knobs' were just below my neck - I told him they are my collarbones that have reappeared - he has never seen them! LOL! We are developing favourites as a family as far as the recipes and meals go. The kids have put in requests for various new primal favourites which does my heart good! Amazing how much meat a family can put away! Buying lots of ground beef, pork, canned fish etc. Eating loads of eggs and kale chips are a BIG hit with all of us. Three of us adore brusselsprouts now and I drool when I walk past them in the supermarket or even think about them. Have been frying them in loads of butter and then sprinkling with a little grated parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. Ooh la laaa! Yum.

We had some rain over the last couple of days! Had me in transports of delight - haven't had to water the garden for two days! Will probably have to water later on as I have newly planted seeds that shouldn't dry out and the grass is still in 'ICU'!

Will see how the day goes with eating and will possibly report on that late this afternoon. Trying to avoid getting on the computer later in the day and am sleeping much better as a result. Been busy sewing curtains, and sheets and today may attempt a pair of pants for DD who hates the modern low waisted tight fitting pants. Hopefully I have some fabric that will work -otherwise will have to wait.