Page 22 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 22

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Coll, hope you had a better night and are feeling better . I have to look up your recipe for biltong, now that I have a dehydrator .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Coll is offline Senior Member
    OK, been really busy in the yard and garden lately. I am getting some pretty substantial muscles in my upper arms Still plenty fat over the top though. Aunt Flo has come to visit - and she came with a BANG this time round! I had serious cramps for a while yesterday. Feel bloated today and somewhat tired. Did not eat well today, I was needing more protein than I had, ate greek yoghurt at lunch time, handful of macadamias, about 2 ounces of biltong, a date roll and a glass of milk for a snack and then for dinner I had a delicious bowl of beef stew ( the lamb neck I had bought for lamb stew was off so the dog has been enjoying that!) and a bowl of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and about 1/4 banana.

I definitely seem to want more in the way of carbs when Aunt Flo is on her way. Yesterday I was sorting some stuff in the kitchen when I came across some evil chocolate lurking in the darkness. I was hungry and decided to have some. I grabbed two handfuls and started to stuff them in my face like I used to. Then I stopped, and told myself, "if you want to have some, take your time and taste it at least" And someone must have changed the recipe because it really didn't taste good at all anymore, and the after taste was yuk! So I took the whole lot and tossed them into the trash can outside. Not giving them to the kids either! Though I am sure they would have happily chomped them down.... amazing though how just that little bit of sugar got my cravings and old habits going! I have really been on the prowl today and fortunately I don't have anything bad left in the house. Hope to get my balance back again tomorrow.

My heel is not so good at the moment. It fluctuates from really painful and tight, to me hardly noticing it. Sometimes when I walk there is a weird little click sound and feeling where the tendon and bone connect. I do find that it settles down pretty well when I don't wear closed shoes. Was looking online at patterns for moccassins - think I might take the plunge and try to make some. Looking around at some supplies and going to just be brave and not expect them to be perfect.

I was prowling around the front 'yard' trying to track down all the cactus plants so that the kids and I can dig them up. Nasty things are very good at hiding in the grass and have really long spines. Our poor dog keeps on walking on them - she has to be pretty tough though, because she only hops a couple of paces and then carries on as normal.

I was walking the dog in the East Pasture today and have had snakes at the back of my mind with the weather being the way it is. Pooch jumped sideways all of a sudden and we both had a nice little adrenalin rush - just another snake skin this time We found one under our window the other day too - a perfect snake skin, everything in place and not a 'scale' missing. The kids were thrilled to have it I think it is just a garter snake - there are hundreds here!

I think I need to do some measuring again in a few days time, it will be my 4 month 'anniversary' of starting primal. I am getting pretty brown on my arms and face and neck, good old farmers tan. Better find my bikini top and get outside in my little semi private spot and get more of me tanned. I bought a cable and lock yesterday that I have fastened our yard gate with. I am so tired of having the landlord's kids walzing in whenever they want and before you know it the landlord or his wife are in the yard too. I am afraid I am a person who needs my own space and I want to be able to choose when and if others come into my space. The previous renters had no boundaries and the kids (can be sweet, but they are little busters that don't understand no!!) ran amok. Also, our dog is a complete idiot when it comes to traffic and we live on a pretty busy road, if she got out she would be out into the street in a heartbeat. And once out, she becomes extremely deaf... I am sure the landlord will think I am weird - but that works for me, how terribly inconvenient for them - now they have to watch their own kids instead of expecting me to look after them without ever a word about whether it is ok with me! Ok, now I feel so much better It is funny how much I love looking at the gate and the lock, such a relief!

Well, gotta go have a shower and head for my bed... here's to getting back on track tomorrow!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Just dropping in quickly - staying at DH's brothers house. We had to evacuate because of the High Park fire. Everything is in total chaos and I am exhausted. I think mostly stress related and of course not sleeping well either. Our family keep their house really warm and none of us do well in hot bedrooms! Hopefully we'll all sleep a bit better this evening. Our chickens are in the garage, our dog is in her crate for the evening as BIL and SIL's dog hates ours and wants to do her in. Can't find anything amongst the stuff we threw together to bring with us and meals are a pain. BUT I am so grateful to be safe and our house (rental) is fine at the moment. The smoke was just too terrible so we decided to get out before we were woken up in the middle of the night. We are all coughing and feeling pretty bad from all the smoke we breathed over the last few days. Glad to be in a relatively clear area for the moment. Depending on the condition of the fire I might actually take a few things home tomorrow. Just depends on a lot of things. It is supposed to get hotter and more wind from tomorrow so things could deteriorate quickly again. Fire only 5% contained at the moment. I haven't been tracking my food at all, hard to get online. Still eating primal - though there has been a little more carbs than normal - comfort food I guess. Also fruit is easier when you can't prepare proper meals. Hope to check in again soon. take care all and be glad you are sleeping in your own home tonight

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Take care of yourself and your family, Coll! Thanks for letting us know how you are.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Hi Siobhan! Feeling much better this morning. Slept better - kids are still asleep which is great. They were kind of grumpy yesterday and i am sure it was just they were not feeling great either. It was tough on them too - trying to grab a few favourite toys to take with us and they were having a hard time deciding. I am sure they will remember this for a long time. Going to take a load of laundry home today and my computer tower. The house is in complete chaos and I think I need to straighten it up a little before we start taking stuff home again. Am hoping to see no fire growth near our house and then we'll start taking some odds and ends back.

I would give a lot for some heavy rain right about now! It is still incredibly dry and supposed to be hot today. The air is hazy and smoky as far as the eye can see. Can't see the mountains at all - just a heavy brown cloud of smoke.

Having my lovely early morning cup of tea. Will try to be a bit more intentional about what I eat today and only when hungry. Got no idea what my weight is ... will have to wait til we are home again as the scale was very low on the list of priorities when we left
    Well, am going to go and sort some of our stuff and get the suitcases set up better so we can find our stuff easier. SIL packed those for me so I can't find anything lol. I have missed seeing what you are all up to. Hopefully it won't be too long and I'll be able to catch up with you all.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I was wondering, yesterday, when I heard about the fire, if it was anywhere near you. Glad you are all safe, if a bit inconvenienced. I'll pray for rain.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I'd send you some of our rain happily if it were possible! Glad to read you are safe!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

We got home last night, late. I have been so tired since the fire started - I think just stress really. Was so tired today but had to keep going. Chickens needed to be taken out of trailer and set up with food and water, bunch of the stuff is either too big or too heavy for me to move, kind of frustrating morning. Eventually lay down for about an hour with a cup of tea and felt a little better after that.

Very sobering looking across the valley and seeing houses burned to the ground with the occasional house still standing in a patch of green. So very grateful to have our place all ok... No idea what I ate except that it was primal. I weighed in this morning and was surprised to see that I had lost some more fat, not much but considering what has been going on the last few days it is pretty amazing. In the past I would have chowed down on all the comfort foods - not an issue this time, THANK GOD!!

Headed off to bed, hopefully will be 'back' properly soon. Got a heck of a mess to clean and tidy and organise now! I just have to remind myself that I could have nothing instead and to be grateful that I have a bunch to sort out now. I guess another positive is - there is very little around us that hasn't burned, which means it is unlikely that we would be threatened by another wildfire this year anyway. This was a pretty traumatic experience in some ways ... certainly we will not forget these last few days any time soon.

Aaaah, slept pretty well and feeling more normal today. So awesome to be home! Going to be fetching the last of our stuff this afternoon - how on earth did we get it all over there on Sunday?! I honestly think it multiplied while we weren't watching it in the garage!

I am feeling pretty good, my shorts that were way too small for me to wear previously, are very comfortable (for me that means loose - I cannot tolerate tight clothes, ever!) On Wednesday the chiropracter was commenting on how much weight I have lost. Of course in the next breath he is trying to get me to follow his diet (similar - but heck, what I am doing is working so why would I want to change it?) DH is full of compliments on how I am looking as are the rest of family that we have been staying with. SIL is really keen to try this - but she is thinking with the typical CW 'diet' mentality. Hopefully we can help them get their heads around this WOL. BIL is not interested, however, I believe he thinks it is another diet solely for weight loss. SIL has been trapped in the diet cycle for their whole marriage. BIL is due for a bilateral knee replacement surgery in a few months. I am hoping I can get him to try Primal in preparation for that. We'll see, have to move slowly there. HOpefully he will have a testimony living in the house with him if SIL will just do some homework and go for it. Poor thing has tried so hard to lose weight and all that happens is she ends up gaining it all back and more every time. I have never been a dieter - my heart goes out to her. I really hope this will be a huge blessing for them like it has for us! I think BIL thinks he is going to be deprived of the stuff he likes without realising that the food is really good and satisfying...

Well, got to go and catch up with my usual morning chores. Kids are hungry

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Glad to hear you are back home and everything turned out okay. It is so frustrating, isn't it, trying to explain this WOL and butting up against the CW mentality? Which, incidentally, I myself had until pretty recently. I hope the best for your SIL and BIL. And for all of us!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold