Page 20 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 20

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I honestly don't know how I got all the animals in the one carrier except that I remember that I truly thought it was life or death for them. They were all pretty mellow, no alphas (although alphas can be helpful in these situations). A friend of mine who lived in Malibu once evacuated her home on one minute's notice with two Old English Sheepdogs, two cats, a three-year-old, and a newborn baby...in an MG. She said it just didn't occur to her to leave anyone behind!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Siobhan - I used to have an MG (one of the bug-eyed ones). That was a miracle she got that group out! They do have a deep space in the back, but still!

What a super post full of positives! Love it. Yeah, I decided the bra thing was getting toooo annoying. Expensive, too big, uncomfortable. So, when I leave the house, I wear a vest! Of course, even here in the NW, it gets warm in the summer, so that's not going to be able to continue for too much longer -- unless I jump from one air-conditioned place to another!

The kids are going to love dried pineapple. Warning: It will go really fast!! It is so yummy.

I dehydrated two beautiful large sweet onions the other day. They were so good, everyone used them, and they were gone in two days!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Have a wonderful day tomorrow with that very yummy primal cake! 24 :-) is a good age to stay at. My oldest is staying at 27, and I think 31 is good for me. Little biological problem there, eh?

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Oh my, what a wonderful day I had Got to lie in bed reading a novel, drinking my yummy black tea, while DH and the kids made me breakfast in bed! I had bacon, breakfast sausage, scrambled egg, some beautifully sliced and arranged raw veggies and a few strawberries!!!! Just awesome Then we all piled onto our bed and I got to open my prezzies (gifts) Then everyone else did the chores and we headed out to go and buy me a new bike seat. DH also surprised me by taking me to a cheese shop where I got to buy some lovely cheeses. Then we went home and I made us a lovely tea with the carrot cake, which was a rip roaring success. I am so thrilled that I have a option for birthdays and special occasions. The kids were ecstatic and DS who is my super fussy eater told me, "I don't like it Mom, I LOVE it!" We had rooibos tea in my fancy teaset. Then I got to go for a ride on my bike. Went up to the lake which was just stunning yesterday. Lush and green, birds singing and busy everywhere, the river running full and fast, cool breeze which actually had me getting a little bit of earache, the trees all leafed in with their fresh new spring coats and hanging down over the trail. And the sky was Colorado blue with puffy white clouds, we have had rain on and off the last few days and the air is crisp and clear and I just can't get enough of it!

Dinner was at Texas Roadhouse, ribeye steak (10 oz) and salad and fresh veggies. Yummy. 'Course I know that the fats and seasonings etc were not good but, nonetheless, it was very tasty and I didn't have to prepare it We haven't eaten out since January so this was a nice little treat. Hard to find stuff for the kids though, and it was sad for them as they just loved the macaroni and cheese there and were not able to have it. I have to confess I did waver internally, but then decided that I didn't want to deal with the physical issues that would be sure to come up. Never mind the inconsistency thing which is deadly when dealing with kids

And today it is a grey day, my absolute favourite! Love the damp air and dim light filtering through the clouds, fantastic photo taking opportunities... it is frustrating though as my camera screen is broken so I am taking pictures blind at the moment some of them still turn out nicely though.

DS is a big fan of pineapple and DD is close behind. I guess I will have to ration it out. I want to try and store it up for times when there is less fruit around. I learned some hard lessons with that some years ago. I dried a bunch of fruit rollups and stored them in a ziploc in the cupboard. When I went back to get some out some months later moths had eaten their way through the plastic and laid eggs and you can imagine the mess those little buggers made of our healthy delicious snacks From then on I have used glass jars or food storage pails to store that kind of stuff!

We found a free wicker chair on the side of the road yesterday, a really nice pottery barn one! So we loaded it up and it looks really good in our living room! It is also very comfortable - just need to recover the cushions as the colours are not my style! Insert a contented sigh here ... what a fun day I had!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Shamia is offline Senior Member
    Hi Coll! *waves*

I'm still around! And still going strong PB
    I hope you are well, but from what I just read.. you are doing better than that!
    Just weighed in this morning at 188!!! Down from 217, so I'm over the moon.

Gotta fly, but just had to come drop in and let you know I'm still doing ok and that I have not forgotten you!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    What fun to read about your wonderful day! I'm glad it was a rip-roaring success! Makes me want a cup of tea myself...must go make tea...maybe steak too...
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Love your day. Seems like the perfect amount of everything!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Happy belated birthday, Coll! Nice to read you had such a lovely day.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Hi ladies! I have been so busy the last while! Helping DH's brother and wife get situated to move etc and he is almost incapacitated by his knees. Needs a double knee replacement (football!)

Thanks for all the wishes for my birthday - still have the glow remembering what a lovely day it was

Spent a while in the yard shovelling organic compost off the back of the truck and mixing it into the various gardens and around trees etc. Found a source for organic compost only about 35 minutes drive from here - $15 for a loaded truck bed! Going back for another load soon!

Have been skipping breakfast most days - had an early lunch today, 2 fried eggs, tin of kippered herrings, cup of baby carrots, half an avo, 2 pieces of dark chocolate, a small stick of biltong. Black tea with cream at breakfast and lunch.
    Dinner: spaghetti squash with primal tomato sauce - rave reviews from the whole family! Yay! DS, is morphing into a different child - last night at brother- and sister-in-law's place he had 4 helpings of steak (I used to get him to have 3 bites at most for a meal!!!!) Tonight, DS had two helpings of dinner, despite the fact that it was way spicier than he would ever usually eat! Declared that this was another recipe that I can make anytime I want! I wanted to say, "Who are you and what have you done with my son!?"

I have noticed that DD is far more stable emotionally since we went primal - she used to have terrible mood swings and tantrums often. I can't remember when she last had a tantrum!! And constipation seems to be a thing of the past. I am not even having to give her prunes everyday. Have had to cut back a little with them... what a blessing that is!

Had a super late (for me) night last night ... will talk more tomorrow when I have some sleep under my (lengthening) belt.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm so pleased that you are noticing good effects for your children. I have noticed small changes in mine, even though I haven't switched them over to completely primal, and I know they get plenty of non-primal stuff outside the house. I wish I had learned all this when they were smaller. But every little bit helps.