Page 145 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1488

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 145

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Reunion was okay. I got sick and being away from home when sick is not recommended. We were put in the attic room, sans windows, a couple skylights that opened a few inches each and some fans. We had to crawl to get onto our bed and it took HOURS to cool down. Not the best even when we aren't sick but DS got sick the following day and we were both feverish and couldn't find a place to lay down that was cool. Yuk.

Took a bunch of pics many of which did not work out, lol. Some pics were awesome though so they made up for the many that were totally blah or downright useless. Glad to be home. Been laying around for a few days and am feeling much better today. Since the cold came on I have NOT been able to sleep. I am really tired and yet as soon as I lie down I can feel this hyper awareness thing. Even when I do sleep it is a very light sleep. I am feeling rather wiped as a result. I thought last night that maybe the throat lozenges have something in them that is affecting me. I usually only take the ones that have only understandable ingredients in. I had a look this morning and saw that the ones I picked up at the grocery store in Westcliffe have some funky ingredients. I tossed the remains of them this morning and will see if that makes any difference. Last night I ended up taking 4 X my usual dose of melatonin to try and get some sleep - nada.

On the way down to the reunion there was the most incredible sunset and I shot some pics out of the car window.

Due to the illness and travelling we have delayed starting the 30 day reset until this Sunday. DH is going to do the regular reset and I am going to do the full autoimmune protocol. While I am not looking forward to eliminating everything, I am looking forward to seeing if there are positive changes as a result. I am in dismally bad shape at the moment and am really hoping to see some improvements.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

The Walrus is online now Senior Member
    I've been thinking of doing Chris Kresser's autoimmune protocol also; I'm really tired of this come-and-go rash on my face. Luckily it can be covered by makeup, but I want to have really nice skin. Of course I do! It is awfully restrictive though. I'm going to look at it again, I printed out the chapter from his bonus material.
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

“The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.” - Joseph Campbell

Walrus, that is the one I am planning on doing. I have thought of doing it a few times and haven't been able to bring myself to do it. But, the motivation is there now and I would love to see if I can make some positive changes in many areas of my health through it. My DSAP could do with some help, the inflammation in my lower legs and feet needs help, I have a really weird and rare scalp disorder that seems to be tied in with autoimmune, my gut sensitivities would be great to overcome, and I DESPERATELY want to lose some weight. I have been sitting between 225 and 230 lbs for ages now and it is taking a toll on me in many ways. It is rather overwhelming to think of excluding everything that can trigger these things - but it would be soooo nice to know. I am going to print out a bunch of pages from the book and stick them up in the kitchen for easy reference. At least I am eating totally primally - even if my macros have been out of whack. I have been gluten free for 2+ years now so that is one less thing to change

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

For me it is just sheer laziness that stops me from eating better - and by better I mean close to perfect. There is no reason why I have to eat commercial ketchup that might be organic but has lots of sugar. I don't need dairy in my coffee and tea, it's just easier. Kresser says that skin problems are almost always linked to autoimmune disorders, which would explain a great deal in my case. Also I have to stop snacking, which is sheer boredom and I-don't-give-a-hoot-for-the-next-five-minutes. Being off grains and off diet soda (2+ years for the grains, 3+ years for the soda) is a huge help.

I am SO hoping that if I do this protocol that my skin will clear up. I have multiple skin issues - the DSAP, dry cracking heels and toes, splotchy skin on my face ...

Walrus, you could have been talking about me when you talked about the snacking! I adore my family but I have to say that it would be so much easier to eat perfectly if I was on my own. However, I wouldn't trade my family for easier ... so I just have to figure out how to do it. I am blessed with a family that really wants to eat well though. I do not have to worry about trying to cater to bad habits which is a big blessing indeed. Funny little story. I was asked to bring grain free cupcakes with me that the kids could use on Saturday afternoon for a decorating activity with their aunt. They had a blast decorating the cupcakes - and then wouldn't eat them because the frosting and sprinkles etc made them too sweet. I was so impressed with them! They totally own the whole primal way of eating. They know why we eat the way we do and they are 100% on board. One happy mama here. Now if I could just get myself feeling better and more energy, I might actually be able to make some progress.

BJDMINN is offline Member
    Hi Coll, I've been using mostly the AIP protocol to manage my own AI issues for 4+ years. It really works if you give it enough time. You can slowly reintroduce foods eliminated after time. Your body will let you know. I highly recommend Sara Ballantyne's book, The Pale Approach or reading info at her website thepaleomom.com. Also, Phoenix Helix is a great site.

Starting the protocol can be daunting but the benefits are so great and after you've eliminated the foods recommended, you can slowly introduce. Good Luck yo you.

Thanks BJDMINN - I needed that encouragement. I really appreciated hearing from someone who has done it and feels that it was helpful. I'll check out the other resources you mentioned too.

Realised today that we are not really ready to launch into the 30 day reset. Still copying out pages from the book and website and DH and I need to go over it all together before going off half cocked. We went to the river this afternoon and played and I hunted for rocks. We always head home with many treasures Such fun. Our landlord parked friends of theirs next to our backyard and they camped over and made a heck of a racket and were pretty obnoxious! What is it that of his entire 20 acres that he needs to do everything in the 1/4 acre next to our piece? Soooo annoying.

Landlords are a horse of a different color! Mine called me yesterday - Saturday - and was hot and bothered about my setting up an account with the electric company because my own meter is going to be installed Monday. Ummm....it's the weekend...try calling the electric company for a business matter on Saturday or Sunday - you get a recording. I told him that it will all be fine - the electric company is really good at this sort of thing and I have had an account with them before, it be no problem to get it going again. He, of course, is stressing because, hey, what else does he have to stress about?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh dear! What a goose! Some people just have no common sense - our landlord is severely challenged in this arena!